X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bakula Thinks 'Enterprise' Fell Victim To Viacom

http://www.trektoday.com/news/300705_03.shtml

Star Trek: Enterprise's Scott Bakula blamed UPN for the woes of his series but said it was impossible to predict that the people at Paramount who had supported the franchise would all be gone within four years.

"I would say simply that we've been on the wrong network for four years," Bakula announced in Star Trek Magazine (via TrekWeb). "That hardly ever happens, honestly. If you're on the wrong network you don't make it out of the first year. But because of a lot of history and positioning and, if you will, corporate synergy, we managed to stay alive for four years...we did manage to squeeze four years out of being at the wrong place."
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

...we did manage to squeeze four years out of being at the wrong place."
    And out of a crpy premise and a badly written show.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This story was just weird - why doesnt he just admit he was crap?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Oh please. More likely Enterprise fell victim to Blakula... among other things.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

As much as I like Bakula the person Archer was well a real jerk and annoying.

Comment

Gotta agree there, Dahak. I adored Bakula in QL, but ol Captain Quantum was a awful person. I blame Bermaga for the whole sorry mess.

Comment

its more a factor of all those.
              viacom/paramount didn't cared anymore quickly into the shows run.
              the horrid writing in the first season, which lead to the point above.
              which alos lead to archer been an lousy captain most of the time.
              Now, if season 4 would have been season 1 and be allowed to build from there, it should have been a great series.

Comment

anybody can make a mistake and due to startreks admiral reputation of being the leading sci fi shows of the 20th century enterprise was the unforunate exception, there was bad writting and the characters were flat but please don't blame scott bakula for his poor perfomance in the show, if he a was such a crap actor he would never have gottnen anywhere in life it was all B&B fault SB thinking he may be suitable for the show was casted but the writting was shabby to say the least his character was crap not him he obviously wasen't the right actor for the role in that respect, but the shows major flaw was B&B the stroylines of season 1-3 were weird and wasent the ST i remebr or wanted to see that was the nail in the casket/coffin season 4 was a good attempt of taking the show in a new direction but its like shutting the stable door after the horse has sprinted off, but please don't let this one bad series make you prejedice against all the shows blame B&B not the actors they can't help the storylines and if they arent fit for the role then B&B should have done a better job of casting the right one or gave up and buggered off the mexico.
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

No one said that Bakula is a bad actor. Actually I said "I like Bakula the person Archer was a jerk and annoying." SB decided to make Archer how he was. Now granted Bermaga thought it was a good idea and certainly someone should have told SB to unstick Archer sometime in the 4 seasons.
                  However I do agree with Bakula that Viacom did a terrible job. I have ranted many times on how incompetent UPN and Spike are because Viacom doesn't care about channels that don't have a "theme".

Comment

The show and Archer were bad and can be summed up in two words: Water Polo
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Personally, while I agree with the assessment that the show started out with a lousy plot line, and I also agree that Bakula as Archer didn't play very well, I found Season 4 to be different.

Season 4 is when Braga adopted a more hands off approach and Manny Coto stepped in with stories that were in line with Trek canon, that were very remiscent of the best of Trek past, and were really the best Trek I had seen since DS9 wrapped up.

Had Season 4 aired in the right place, I suspect we'd be getting more of the New and Improved ST:Enterprise in a renewed Season 5.

Comment

...If you're on the wrong network you don't make it out of the first year.
                        That what could have happen to Stargate SG-1, If it never started on Showtime
                        sigpic

Comment

Enterprise was just plain bad! no avoiding the issue and JUST as soon as they seemed to start to get their act together, cancelled

Comment

Working...
                          X