This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links in signature

Just wanted to say, that since http links are allowed in signatures, there is a risk that people will post irrelevant answers, just to show the link.

Imho since the mention of personal site is allowed on User page, links in signatures could be deactivated. Most are heavy enough like that anywaY
    No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
    I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
    Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

I dont think people post just to show their sig
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I have urls in my sig and they are not the reason I post. Personally, I have a self-imposed limit of three, and usually only two are up there.

I didn't check, but isn't there already a limit to the size or number of characters in a sig? I mean, some of the banner sigs are cool, but very large. Maybe that's a better approach than banning one specific type of item from sigs?

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
        Just wanted to say, that since http links are allowed in signatures, there is a risk that people will post irrelevant answers, just to show the link.

Imho since the mention of personal site is allowed on User page, links in signatures could be deactivated. Most are heavy enough like that anywaY
        If I see some1 just post with like a space then maybe ill think they are showing off there sig links..... But most them time there posting on the topic... And anyway who cares aslong as what they post has to do with the topic...

Never forget the power of words, and how it can affect someone's life.
        Always remember there's another person on the other side of the computer.

Comment

Well I have 3 links and i can say that I do not post just to show them off and I think not many do ..

Comment

*promo*

*promo*

*promo*

*CLICK MY LINKS DAMNIT*

... You mean like that?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
            X