This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing of the status quo

How it is, the Wraith need us to survive (human body and probably soul (If there is such a thing)). Lieutenant Ford however needs the wraith to survive. What if we were to create an intire army like Ford. We would hunt the wraith instead of them hunting us. As for the Food supply (wraith) eventually running out, we can breed them like chickens or pigs and milk the enzyme. Secondly the Wraith are not really what we need, we need just the enzyme, If we can duplicate it the Wraith would be absolute.

I doubt an army of fords would stop after taking out the wraith - they would turn on us

and dont you mean changing the status quo
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Somehow I doubt turning an entire group of people into mentally unstable drug addicts is something we'd want or something we could do and maintain even a facade of integrity or ethics, provided we could do it at all. Honestly, they are PEOPLE, individuals, not subjects of an experiment to be manipulated to suit. We're not that desperate and if we are we might as well just give up now since we'd deserve to be eaten.

And let's say we did it and won... can you now reverse the effect and do you honestly think these super-soldiers are going to sit still and let you?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yes I Meant Status Quo, I Never Knew That Pharse Existed Untill I Heard It In The Movie National Treasure.

Anyway. There Will Heave To Be Some Thorough Testing Ofcourse But One We Can Perfect It Will Be Our Saving.

Comment

What's with the initial caps?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yeah whats with it?
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Yeah what's with it?!

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Yes, but the Wraith enzyme is a drug and it is dangerous. We wouldn't put our militaries on steroids to make them fight better, because in all liklieness they would get addicted, overdose and die.

Owen Macri

Comment

I see no caps?

Anyway, They are just infantry (marching children (in latin (more or less))). They are expendable, secondly, i dont think they will mind becoming "superman".

The only problem is that they can turn against you !!!

Comment

By caps we mean a capital letter at the start of every word in post number 4

I doubt there families think they are expendable
                    love Torri

Comment

It really doesn't matter if they would mind, it could still kill them, and it would be to much of a risk. No military commander would risk that many lives for an idea that might take years, or decades.

Owen Macri

Comment

That's disturbing.. expendable human beings. Somehow I doubt these expendable people would be all that appreciative of being expendable wraith fodder. They do have minds of their own and I doubt they were chosen to travel to a whole new galaxy to be experimented on and turned into freaks because they apparently have no other value . So them turning against you isn't the only problem. The main problem is that we'd even think to do something like that to a person in the first place.

Comment

Yes, my point exactly, the Wraith Enzyme does more harm than good, and overdosing on anything is never good.

Owen Macri

Comment

But if we could get rid of the side affects it would make every soldier amazingand just imagine an army of super fords.
                            Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                            Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                            - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                            - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
                              But if we could get rid of the side affects it would make every soldier amazingand just imagine an army of super fords.
                              This idea has been explored in countless books, tv show and movies, where, no matter how they started out the end result was always the same. Bad. Very bad, for all concerned.

However, I think it makes for a terrific thought exercise, because fiction is a great place to work out the ramifications for our actions, however well intentioned or "controlled" the experiments.

The very advanced Atonieks(SG-1, season 4, Upgrades) were destroyed by their own efforts to tweak their people's natural strengths and abilities. The Tauri are so far removed from the Atoniek's scientific abilities that they'd be better served simply learning the lesson that dead race teaches.

As for finding and perfecting such tech in the city of Atlantis, I seriously doubt it. What happened to Ford in Seige 3 has got to be a first. If so, then the Ancients would not have had experience with a "super Ancient" to experiment on - and considering what they did to that poor, sentient energy being , keeping it locked up for at least 10,000 years, I wouldn't put such experimentation past them.

I'm glad that the gang in Atlantis love their old buddy Ford enough to try and talk him down off his addiction.

Ford has proven that he is unpredictible and paranoid, and ready to turn on his own people to get what he wants. A whole army of like-minded men with weapons? Uh... no thanks.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                              X