This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention : Mac Users

I've noticed that there is quite a large proportion of the members of this site using a Mac, some members have said, some made it obvious. I ordered an iMac on Friday evening, has anyone got one?
    __

__

I have a Rev A/B iMac at work (can't remember if it's A or B). This is the original 233 mhz bondi blue iMac that came out in 98-ish. Works fine, even after a disgruntled ex-employee dumped coca-cola in the back of it, which I had to clean out.

However, I wouldn't want one at home. Unless i were given one, and then I wouldn't complain. I'm keeping an eye on those purty dual-G5 towers, that I can easily open and upgrade. *sigh* If only my wallet would cooperate. Instead, I have a nice lil white dual-USB iBook that works quite well. Goooood iBook. *pets iBook*

Comment

Oooh, I'm jealous. I want an iMac, but I don't need one. I just want one because I think they're cute. We have a couple of G4 towers, a 1GHz PowerBook and the server is a Cube; the work machine is also a G4 tower. I'm trying to convince the hubby that a cute little iMac would make a nice jukebox for the living room, but so far no success...
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I love iMac's. They're stylish, easy and pretty reliable. I like the fact that it's all built into the monitor stand, and no tower at last!
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
          I love iMac's. They're stylish, easy and pretty reliable. I like the fact that it's all built into the monitor stand, and no tower at last!
          actually i've found them a complete pain in the patootie..

we have them in the computer labs at uni.. for the most part they're ok, but the university email interface is unstable with macs (even though the uni has hundreds of the things?? go figure!)
          and i have no idea how to use them a lot of the time... after four years of accidentally deleating hours of work, having them freeze up and destroy everything on the desktop etc... im not too impressed with them.

i'll stick with my pc at home.

Comment

Well, since I'm keeping the other PC also! I still want to play with the Mac when it arrives
            __

__

Comment

Basically if you want a computer thats fast, expandable, and makes you look smart spewing out jargon about why its broken: Get a PC

If you want a computer that WORKS: Get a Mac

Studies have proven time and time again that Macs can last waaaaay longer than PCs.
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

That's the whole idea of getting one! Plus, one VERY big upside...

I'll be able to avoid the

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH
                __

__

Comment

I keep the Windows PCs at work...where they have to pay me to use them.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Hehehe! lol
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                      Studies have proven time and time again that Macs can last waaaaay longer than PCs.
                      I agree. I have yet to have a Windows PC have a useful shelf life past three years. Admittedly, I don't have a use for them to begin with, but all the ones at work start choking around that time (if not earlier) and the IT staff start grumbling about "forget upgrade...buy a new one". $1000 (or so) every three years for a new machine and I spent $2000 for a PowerMac7500 in 1995 that I just packed up for storage/giveaway this past weekend. Not because it doesn't work, but because we've gotten other machines and have no real use for it. That and it was interfering with the ability to grow the wine collection.

I was kind of sad to see it go. It's a dog for surfing the web (although it works, web programming has outgrown it), but up until this past January it was our web/mail server, running untouched and not rebooted for months at a time. I'm thinking of sending it to my mother who should not be allowed anywhere near a pop-up window ("Oooh, what's that? Click on it!").

Comment

From what I've heard they sound very good

Not rebooting in months? With a PC you have to reboot every few seconds!!!
                        __

__

Comment

Ya my dad almost quit his job because he saw a "You are a winner!" popup! I was so sad to disillusion him...
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

Thank god for pop-up blockers!