PDA

View Full Version : Replicators vs Goauld (spoilers season 8)

geb
June 27th, 2004, 04:36 AM
So in season 8 the new and improved replicators will be at war with the goauld. Although it is a good idea i cant belive the goauld will be a match for the replicators as apohis was easily beaten by the old type of reps .

What does everyone think about season 8 main plot main line.

Anubis
June 27th, 2004, 04:41 AM
Well, the Gou'ald have come a long way. And Anubis certainly brought up some new technology ideas for the System Lords to take advantage of the situation

SBacklin
June 27th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Well, the Gou'ald have come a long way. And Anubis certainly brought up some new technology ideas for the System Lords to take advantage of the situation

Granted, Anubis did have a lot of advanced technology. However, the Goa'uld never want to share the advanced technology that has them in power. So I really don't think that the System Lords have all the advanced technology that Anubis had. Except for maybe Baal, he has taken control over the Super Soldiers. It would be interesting to see how the Super Soldiers fare up against the replicators.

Elwe Singollo
June 27th, 2004, 02:07 PM
I can just see the replicators eating them up, well the armor at least, haha...

Mr Prophet
June 27th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Well, the Asgard have suggested that the Replicators can eventually eat through anything (Unnatural Selection), but as yet SS blasters - not to mention SS fisticuffs - are an unknown quantity against the bugs.

If Ba'al has the only access to the technology that can fight the Replicators, this would give him the leverage to assert his dominance over the other SLs, unify - ish - the Goa'uld and form an army capable of combatting Replicator menace. This would also create a new and improved Goa'uld dynasty which could once more form a credible threat to Earth.

Elwe Singollo
June 27th, 2004, 03:08 PM
We could help each side by doing little things to do something big, but i don't know anything that can do that, haha... Just an idea though ;p Let the Goa'uld and Replicators erradicate each other, once they're numbers are diminished, exterminate the rest with the help of rebel Jaffa and the Tok'ra, unless they're stubborn and not help :(

*Crash*
June 27th, 2004, 04:50 PM
It says on the gateworld site that we are thinking which side to help

Maby this means the replicators arnt as evil as once thought

I beleve we will side with the Sistem Lords ;)

I hope the Ashen make an appearance and fight with the gou,old/reps

Teal'c
June 27th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Baal might somehow steal the Replicator gun Jack builds....

Elwe Singollo
June 27th, 2004, 05:54 PM
That would be a downer... :(

Anubis
June 27th, 2004, 11:19 PM
That would be really annoying, but a good storyline

Mr Prophet
June 27th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Baal might somehow steal the Replicator gun Jack builds....

Isn't the Replicator gun built out of Thor's ship?

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Was it really?! Does that mean the replicators took something from the Asgard (once again) and made better, such as that gun :) Now why can't the Asgard put themselves in that time machine thingy (with modifications that the Replicators did of course) and speed themselves up so they can learn new stuff faster :)

Mr Prophet
June 28th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Because if the Asgard accelerated themselves through time, they'd still die out from genetic convergence before they came up with a way to defeat the Replicators.

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Yah i thought about that, but didn't write it down, since if they were in that time accelerator thing, i would assume (well hope actually) they would fine their solution to their cloning problem, etc...

Mr Prophet
June 28th, 2004, 02:08 AM
But would you want to take that risk? The Asgard seem convinced that the solution to their problem will be discovered externally, rather than developed internally.

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 06:07 AM
I'm sure the Asgard will succeed, they normally do

Mr Prophet
June 28th, 2004, 06:34 AM
I'm sure the Asgard will succeed, they normally do

No they don't. SG-1 usually turn up and save their collective hash. The Asgard haven't succeeded since about Season 2.

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 06:41 AM
True, but what I meant was they always succeed with the help of SG-1

Mr Prophet
June 28th, 2004, 06:48 AM
But if they locked themselves in the time bubble then they wouldn't be able to ask SG-1 for help.

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 06:53 AM
I don't think any Asgard is dumb enough to do that

geb
June 28th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Surely the super soldiers would have no chance against the reps as we have seen they are not affected by are projectile weapons and i presume energy weapons would have no affect either so i dont no what threat they would posses to the reps.

Instead of trapping the reps inside a time bubble they should have trapped them in a massive energy shield. We saw in the season 5 episode enemies that they climbed all over Aphosis shield but did not penetrate it. If they had(or could) of trapped them in that they could have kept them in their permanently.

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 10:53 AM
That's a interesting question. How good will the super soldier's defense be against the replicators? They are strong soldiers and can withstand anything. The question is, can they withstand a replicator?

geb
June 28th, 2004, 11:11 AM
If the replicators have the ability to put there hand straight into our heads they can more than likely penetrate the super soldiers armour as they are essentailly nanite technolgy and can squeeze through microscopic holes.

We dont even no what else they can do. I wonder what affect the ancients weapon on earth would have against them.

Spoiler space

I remember reading through some gateworld news and it said about carter messing with an ancient puddle jumper (Ancient ship). The weapons on this ship may be the thing that helps us defeat the reps or the goauld as we dont know yet which side we ally with.

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 11:14 AM
If a replicator can go into a humans head, then they'll be able to figure out how to defeat the super soldiers! :eek:

shockwave
June 28th, 2004, 11:34 AM
maybe a supersoldier can stamp the replicator spiders into individual blocks :p

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Stab the SS with adrenaline :)

Torley
June 28th, 2004, 03:08 PM
It's important to realize how important SG-1 has been to the Asgard with the repeated "saves" over the seasons as mentioned here. Let's not forget Asgard arrogance (as cute as it may be coming from Thor) due to their superior technology has gotten them into a number of BIG problems -- the Replicators are one, Thor being captured by the Osiris is another. It would be funny to see Asgard warriors running around the halls and yee-ha'ing and firing projectile weapons in Season 8, showing how "human" they have become. Then again, that might not be the best idea.

Would be funny to see SG-1 set up the bad Goa'uld (like, uh, Baal) against the Replicators in a trap of their own and eat popcorn while their foes wipe each other out. It wouldn't be traditionally "honorable" but given the infestation and expansion of both of their foes throughout the galaxies, it would certainly make sense! Yasureyabetcha.

But still, I'm wondering about one thing:

SPOILERS

In "Nemesis", how was Thor harmed by the Replicators? He looked a little pale but that might have been because of the light. He didn't seem to have any scars or wounds from Replicator acid or anything of that sort.

Teal'c
June 28th, 2004, 04:51 PM
It's important to realize how important SG-1 has been to the Asgard with the repeated "saves" over the seasons as mentioned here. Let's not forget Asgard arrogance (as cute as it may be coming from Thor) due to their superior technology has gotten them into a number of BIG problems -- the Replicators are one, Thor being captured by the Osiris is another. It would be funny to see Asgard warriors running around the halls and yee-ha'ing and firing projectile weapons in Season 8, showing how "human" they have become. Then again, that might not be the best idea.

Would be funny to see SG-1 set up the bad Goa'uld (like, uh, Baal) against the Replicators in a trap of their own and eat popcorn while their foes wipe each other out. It wouldn't be traditionally "honorable" but given the infestation and expansion of both of their foes throughout the galaxies, it would certainly make sense! Yasureyabetcha.

But still, I'm wondering about one thing:

SPOILERS

In "Nemesis", how was Thor harmed by the Replicators? He looked a little pale but that might have been because of the light. He didn't seem to have any scars or wounds from Replicator acid or anything of that sort.
Thor is incredibly lazy, he hasn't walked since Small Victories. He may be very unfit, and had to run from the Replicators, giving him a heart attack :P

Liebestraume
June 28th, 2004, 06:34 PM
It does make sense, and I don't see why it is not "honorable." In fact, not to do it would be kinda stupid. "We" should just sit back to let them fight it out and occasionally lend a helping hand to the losing side to even up the odds. I don't know what Cooper meant by "to decide who we want to side with and help" but this story arc sounds promising. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Thor is incredibly lazy, he hasn't walked since Small Victories. He may be very unfit, and had to run from the Replicators, giving him a heart attack :PHe is old isn't he? Haha... He needs to exersize his legs!

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 11:13 PM
I guess he's old, since he's now on his 2nd body!

Torley
June 29th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Hahaha... hey, has it specifically been mentioned this is his 2nd body? I would think that being Supreme Commander, that he has been around quite awhile like some of the older Goa'uld, not to mention lived through multiple bodies. In his position, I would imagine past battles have killed him... although he lives another day. I wonder if subsequent bodies experience any mental deterioration as it's implied there is certainly physical wear and tear.

I guess the Asgard aren't big on apprenticeship much because of the cloning, i.e. there was an older Thor who passed his name to the present one like The Flash of DC Comics fame. Or Robin ;)

Torley
June 29th, 2004, 02:37 AM
He is old isn't he? Haha... He needs to exersize his legs!

Mwahaha... yeah, he needs to go jogging with Heimdall more! The Heimy is hyperactive, holy moly!

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Yeah, O'Neill said the following

O'Neill - "I though you were going for a new body"
Thor - "I did"

I can't remember which episode it was from though

shockwave
June 29th, 2004, 04:36 AM
611 Prometheus

hail_jack
June 29th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Why didn't the Asgard just blow up the sun (as done by sg1)and catch any rep ships which are trying to leave

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Just because SG-1 managed to do this, doesn't necessarily mean that the Asgard will. Besides, the Asgard would have to abandon their part of the galaxy

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Just because SG-1 managed to do this, doesn't necessarily mean that the Asgard will. Besides, the Asgard would have to abandon their part of the galaxySo your saying the Asgard won't do it, or they can't do it, because the way you worded your sentence, it sounds like... Just because SG1 was able to blow up the sun (managed to do this), doesn't really mean the Asgard will (doesn't nexessarily mean that the Asgard will), so i'm just little confused :eek:

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:22 AM
I'm saying that the replicators are CURRENTLY only in the Asgard galaxy. If they wanted to blow up their sun, they would have to leave their galaxy, and I don't think they will

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Oh, i would think the Asgard would sacrafice their galaxy and leave it if it will destory something as deadly as the replicators permanately, but maybe not, just guessing :)

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Maybe. I just think they wouldn't unless it was their ONLY option

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:33 AM
I mean, what other options do they have that they haven't tried already? Maybe there are more, but what if they finally do that little blow up the son option, and before they did that, it would be the cost of alot of deaths that could have been prevented, but if they really wanted to stay in their galaxy, because for some reason (homeworld i guess?), i guess attempting other options would be the best... :)

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:39 AM
It may be their only option, but they are already a dying race

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Which in my opinion is the better reason for the whole 'blowing up the sun' idea, because they are exactly what you said, "a dying race".

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:49 AM
I understand where you are coming from. However, I think the majority wouldn't want to go away, so they really wouldn't

Who knows, but it's a interesting theory. But will that really destroy all the replicators? They've survived that big crash into the ocean

prion
June 29th, 2004, 08:51 AM
I'm really surprised that the SG1 team hasn't poured Coke on the replicators. Takes off rust, destroys replicators!

Or just beam concentrated episodes of FRIENDS toward the replicators. They'll self-destruct from the insipid dialogue...

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:52 AM
That's a good idea, poor a load of fizzy stuff all over them! :D

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:54 AM
I understand where you are coming from. However, I think the majority wouldn't want to go away, so they really wouldn't

Who knows, but it's a interesting theory. But will that really destroy all the replicators? They've survived that big crash into the ocean\
Can you really compare a big crash into the ocean with a big explosion of a sun?

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Actually, I rightly remember that Apophis managed to escape so it wouldn't be a problem for the replicators

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 09:03 AM
I agree, the big explosion thing may not erradicate the whole replicator race, or anything, but it would wash them out, which would come to the topic... "Replicators vs Goa'uld" battle, but then again, we all know that the big explosion won't happen, haha...

Matt G
June 29th, 2004, 09:34 AM
I'm really surprised that the SG1 team hasn't poured Coke on the replicators. Takes off rust, destroys replicators!

Or just beam concentrated episodes of FRIENDS toward the replicators. They'll self-destruct from the insipid dialogue...

*warped image of Jack in Coca-cola's board room alert*

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 09:57 AM
lol No big battle like that is likely to take place

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 12:43 PM
When do you guys think this showdown will happen?

Mr Prophet
June 29th, 2004, 02:19 PM
When do you guys think this showdown will happen?

Episode 12.5 - somewhere offscreen!

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Makes me and my Drpepper mad :( Well i kinda new it was somewhere in the midseason :)

SBacklin
June 29th, 2004, 09:07 PM

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

SBacklin
June 29th, 2004, 09:08 PM
I missed the show with RDA on as the guest. Can someone tell me about this new weapon that Jack has. I missed it all. O_o

David85
June 29th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Spoilers for.... New Order I think, but all of season eight..

I missed the show with RDA on as the guest. Can someone tell me about this new weapon that Jack has. I missed it all. O_o

You didn't miss much, they talked very little about the SG-1 on The Late Late Show, it's on CBS in the States. But the clip had Jack, Dan, and Teal'c on Thor's ship, one of them... can't remember which one was fighting a Rep. Jack picked up this gun, with a huge front part (where the "bullet" comes out) shot at the Rep, it crumpled to the floor, everyone but Jack looks shocked, and Jack says... "What? We had to do something.."

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I think i read somewhere that Jack has still the ancient knowledge in him, but still not sure, i'm not a spoiler freak, so yah, haha... So thats probably why he wasn't so shocked, but thats just a guess...

David85
June 30th, 2004, 08:23 AM
No he didn't look shot because it's Jack. :)

Spoilers..

Thor beams Jack up and connects his brain into the ships computer so Jack can talk and I think they biuld a weapon to kill the Reps, then figure out how to get Jack out of that body. My only complant with that is it the Anients had a weapon that kills Reps than why didn't the Asgard?

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 10:00 AM
The Ancients are advanced, i think more advanced than the Asgard, and it seems like the two races haven't spoke in a while, haha... But i'm just speculating, as always :)

Anubis
June 30th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Hehe. I don't think they spoke for a while. The Ancients were obviously more advanced...

SBacklin
June 30th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Here is something I don't understand. Jack had the knowledge downloaded into his brain once before. The Asgard helped him out when they used that thing inside the palm of their hand (The Fifth Race). I am assuming that that beam thing the Asgard used didn't erase the knowledge. The reason why I assume that is because why the hell would they "delete" it??? Anyway, assuming they had access to the knowledge of the Ancients before how come they can't utilize it?

Anubis
June 30th, 2004, 10:32 AM
My guess is the Asgard kept the info on one of their computers, but it is of no use to them since Jack has already done what he did. The one from Lost City on't be of much use either, they found the city and the Asgard probably won't care very much about it

SBacklin
June 30th, 2004, 10:44 AM
well i think the Asgard have had access to the knowledge of the Ancients. i just don't get why they don't use it. here is a thought, maybe the asgard can help create ZPM for the city or an vialbe alternate power source.

David85
June 30th, 2004, 11:38 AM
I think the writers didn't think about why the Asgard wouldn't know the info, but Thor is just going to say... "Oh yeah, well see the Anients never told us about there weapons.... They must have made new ones to fight the Wraith." Yes Thor will say that. :P But why would they even have a weapon that could destroy the Reps, there were none then, unless Jack just makes up a new weapon with what he knows.

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 02:14 PM
What if the weapon wasn't even made to kill off replicators?

David85
June 30th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Well I'm thinking one of two things...

1. You are right and that it just happens to work on them.
2. Jack knows the Reps well enough to think up a new weapon to use against them.

uknesvuinng
June 30th, 2004, 06:11 PM
The weapon probably breaks the kiron pathways in the replicator blocks so that they cease to function, similar to how the SS gun dissipates the life energy given to them by the healing cube.

The weapon is most likely gonna be made on the fly based on Jack's own knowledge and Ancient knowledge, just like his previous actions under the libraries' influence. He knows what needs to be done, he knows what can do it, he puts it together and achieves his goal. It's his military mind at work.

Mr Prophet
June 30th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Jack doesn't know a thing about kirons. If Sam can't get it, Jack certainly can't. I would guess he uses the Ancient knowledge coupled with the info in the Asgard database to find a solution.

As to why the Asgard couldn't access the knowledge of the Ancients to do this themselves, it may not be compatible with their systems. It's possible that it needs a human host, perhaps specifically one with the Ancient gene, to be any use; especially if, as seems increasingly likely, it turns out that the Ancients created the human race.

uknesvuinng
June 30th, 2004, 10:44 PM
As I said, Jack will use his own knowledge AND Ancient knowledge. Jack doesn't know anything about distance calculations, Ancient power sources, or the inner workings DHDs, but he still used that knowledge to achieve the goals he knew had to be accomplished in "The Fifth Race". He knew that we were exploring worlds to find defenses against the Goa'uld, so he added new addresses from his Ancient knowledge to the dialing computer. He knew SGC personell were trapped on a planet with a broken DHD, his Ancient knowledge knew how to fix it. He knew the Ancient knowledge was going to kill him if he couldn't reverse the process, his Ancient knowledge told him the Asgard were allies and how to get to them, thus his life was saved. It's not just the Ancient knowledge at work, his own knowledge and personality (the strategic, get to the point military commander type) guided the unconscious uses of the Ancient knowledge. It will probably be this same combination that guides the construction of the Ancient bug-zapper.

Spoilers for Atlantis "Rising"

Considering the Ancients were seeding planets to develop what we know as humans, it makes sense that they might have left the repositories and such for their "seedlings" to use when they had sufficiently advanced enough. Their allies would continue on their own paths, but the humans they seeded were sort of their legacy, their race reborn. Therefore, the archives were meant for humans who were reasonably ready to use them, and probably have extremely strong protective measures against misuse. That and the Asgard don't have stupid ideas like cracking a repository and "borrowing" some Ancient knowledge to solve their problems.

Anubis
June 30th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Jack will probably use his 'dumb' knowledge that turns out to be incredibly smart

Teal'c
July 1st, 2004, 11:32 AM
Well, what Jack knows about the (new) Replicators that the Asgard don't:
- Bullets go right through them.
- They can stick their hands in your head and read minds.
- They have no means of attack other than hand-to-hand (at least the blocks have their acid)

Using what he knows and the knowledge of the Ancients, and possibly information the Asgard have collected, he is able to build the weapon.

Ugly Pig
July 1st, 2004, 12:31 PM
Well, what Jack knows about the (new) Replicators that the Asgard don't:
Why wouldn't the Asgard know this? Wouldn't Jack have told them?

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 03:33 PM
Maybe Jack would want to keep it to himself, because now he knows stuff that the all mighty Asgard may not know, but yah, that would be just selfish, and unlike him.

Teal'c
July 1st, 2004, 04:23 PM
Why wouldn't the Asgard know this? Wouldn't Jack have told them?
When? They're never around! :P

uknesvuinng
July 1st, 2004, 04:39 PM
When? They're never around! :P
Probably told the Asgard after the events of "Unnatural Selection". The Asgard were to rendezvous with SG-1 after they made sure no Replicator ships got out. I'm sure someone would take the time to tell Thor about the advances the replicators had made in their potentially hundreds of years they've been on the planet.

Ugly Pig
July 1st, 2004, 04:50 PM
Also, Thors dialogue in "Disclosure" indicates that he had recently talked to Jack. If he'd had the time to make jokes to Thor about Kinsey, then surely he'd have the time to mention the replicators?

shockwave
July 2nd, 2004, 04:44 AM
maybe they talked just after unnatural selection, when Thor brought the Prometheus back to Earth

Ugly Pig
July 2nd, 2004, 05:45 AM
maybe they talked just after unnatural selection, when Thor brought the Prometheus back to Earth
Or maybe even in Fragile Balance, somewhere between the last two scenes. The possibilities are endless. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 06:22 AM
Unless when we see Thor, they say they haven't talked since 'whenever the last time', but i also think they could have like you guys have beeb suggesting.

David85
July 2nd, 2004, 09:13 AM
Or maybe.....

I got nothing, I just figured we needed another "But maybe". :P

Ocelot
July 9th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Where did Anubis actually get this technology anyway? In Revelations, he defeated an Asgard ship, captured Thor, and used that mind link thing. What a disaster!!!

Elwe Singollo
July 9th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Assuming he came back from being a full blown Ancient, maybe he still had some of their knowledge, in which he applied to his technology.

stargate01
June 13th, 2008, 11:47 AM
the replicators are cool to but the ori would kick their butt

Dumper
June 13th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Is there a reason why you couldn't put all that in one post? :(

I see you are doing the same thing on other threads as well.

captain jake
June 26th, 2008, 03:04 PM
He is old isn't he? Haha... He needs to exersize his legs!

When the mind is as powerful as an Asgard's, there is no need for a strong body.