PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis preview on SG-1 DVD IS AWESOME!

Nostromo
June 27th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Hi people!

I got the last DVD from season 7 yesterday or the day before and last night I saw the Lost City episode!! It was the one of the best episodes I have seen in a long time on SG-1.

BUT!

I also found on the disc a 22min EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW on STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!! :eek:

I have to say it was a very cool, preview where they go through the entire idea with the directors and writers etc. Also they have really good interviews with the cast and crew. They explain why they chose the people to play these characters and they had a lot of scenes from the first episode. One thing I noticed was that the footage used in the DVD were clear cuts. Not effects and no soundtrack of any kind was added yet.

They even go into production notes on design of the new aliens and how the entire idea went into high gear when they were asked by Sci Fi to do another season of SG-1 and start Stargate Atlantis next to it.

Pretty awesome things... I will make some screen grabs of the movie it that is allowed I am not sure it is... It was SOOO GOOD!

I'll post it if there is no objections...

IT IS GOOD TO BE A STARGATE FAN THESE DAYS!!!! :D

Nostromo
June 27th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Ok, here are a few shots from the DVD if you wish to see it...

I guess I best say for those who wish it to be a surprise all the way, then here is the WARNING do not see these pages as I have taken some cool grabs from the 22min SG Atlantis preview and it might contain spoilers for those who wish not to know too much till they get the DVD so they can enjoy all those extras...

That is why I have only added a few shots... Let us say to show how nice the quality is... Should there be any objections to this I will remove it asap.

Here it is my fellow SG-1 fans...

http://homepage.mac.com/just4me/atlantis/PhotoAlbum54.html

Should this not be enough let me know :D

Thor
June 27th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Hi, why am I beeing asked for a password? A bit crazy... I wanna see those pics...

Nostromo
June 27th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Sorry, I knew I forgot something there...

Sorry all!!

the password is : lostcity

Sorry

Thor
June 27th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Thank you :)
What about more pics from Atlantis? Wanna see more :D

Anubis
June 27th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Hey, I can't wait for mine to arrive

Nostromo
June 27th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Hi all!!

Glad you liked the shots. I am really looking forward to Stargate Atlantis now. This Preview of Stargate Atlantis has fueled my joy of more Stargate!!! I was a bit sad that season 7 was so weak, but this last episode sure took the cake! It was fantastic! AND to share my joy and to make you all happy, I have posted more shots from the show.

Here is for you Thor! :)

http://homepage.mac.com/just4me/atlantis/PhotoAlbum54.html

Ugly Pig
June 27th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Woo hoo, great stuff! Can't wait for my copy to arrive! Although I will have to wait for a couple of more days... Sigh...

One question: Are the "Lost City" episodes edited together to be one long one rather than a two-parter? It seems that way judging by the cover (it doesn't say "Parts I & II")...

Nostromo
June 27th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Woo hoo, great stuff! Can't wait for my copy to arrive! Although I will have to wait for a couple of more days... Sigh...

One question: Are the "Lost City" episodes edited together to be one long one rather than a two-parter? It seems that way judging by the cover (it doesn't say "Parts I & II)...

Hi UP... I think I'd rather call you super soldier ;)

To your question, the Lost City IS in fact an entire tv movie if you will. It is not in two episodes, so that makes it even better to watch. As I was watching the Lost City, when i was at 1:10 hours into the movie I was thinking to my self " DON'T END, IT IS WAY TOO EXCITING NOW!!!" I really enjoyed that episode. I am really pleased with that season ending.
Oh and another thing, Martin Wood has an exclusive look at how this fantastic climax was produced, where we see behind the scenes etc. It is very cool stuff...

One of the very best SG-1 DVD in my collection. ;)

Ugly Pig
June 27th, 2004, 05:04 AM
To your question, the Lost City IS in fact an entire tv movie if you will. It is not in two episodes, so that makes it even better to watch.

Great! That was what I was hoping. Thanks for the info. :)

Thor
June 27th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Big thanks for all the pictures!

Nostromo
June 27th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Big thanks for all the pictures!

You are very welcome... !!! ;)

Selmak
June 27th, 2004, 06:11 AM
the pics are awesome... and you're mac user... I like.

Teal'c
June 27th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Must not... look at pictures.... must hold out... until DVD can be purchased... tomorrow! ........ My God, I've restrained myself! :P

Anubis
June 27th, 2004, 11:17 PM
It looks great. Can't wait any longer

Butterfly-Dreamer
June 28th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I've seen it!! Oh my God its amazing.
Did anyone else notice that there is the head of a mastage (from the movie) on the Wraith's table? I thought that it was so funny!
The difrent concepts for the wraith were cool, and the pre-viz for the puddle jumper looks totaly diffrent to the pic at sci-fi.com

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 06:06 AM
I've just finished watching, and my it looks incredible

tfalls1
June 28th, 2004, 10:54 AM
any hope of someone having enough time to provide clips???

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 11:00 AM
I think you need those tv card things, which I don't have

Nostromo
June 28th, 2004, 01:42 PM
any hope of someone having enough time to provide clips???
It could happen. Only you kinda have to tell me what you want to see in particular. I cannot provide the entire 22min of the show as I am sure that it is not allowed...

8)

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Of course it isn't, its property of mgm, haha...

tfalls1
June 28th, 2004, 01:51 PM
any clips where they actually show atlantis/atlantis tech would be great!!!
Thanks!!!!!

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 01:55 PM
I know a way, for the full clip, a hint only though, torrent. :)

Anyways, anyone see this yet? I think the actress who plays Teyla looks better with straight hair, but oh well :) Haha...

Chevron_nine
June 28th, 2004, 05:23 PM
I know a way, for the full clip, a hint only though, torrent. :)

Maybe it's already there. hint, hint. ;)

David85
June 28th, 2004, 07:07 PM
How long is the episode (TLC)? Anything added or extended?

morjana
June 28th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Thank you, Nostromo, for sharing those photos.

Very nice.

Morjana

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Maybe it's already there. hint, hint. ;)Maybe :) Haha...

How long is the episode (TLC)? Anything added or extended?TLC, they didn't say much about what was deleted or anything from the episode, it was mostly about how they changed the way they found the actual 'Lost City', by making the one found on Earth only a outpost that leads to the actual city, which was supposed to be the 'Lost City' (the outpost on Earth). Eh, i did a bad job on explaining it :(

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 11:12 PM
The episode was the two combined without any advertisements. Generally, a good structure

Iskandra
June 29th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Yes, the torrent thing works ;)

Otherwise I would have to wait for the DVD box which surely doesn't have the preview, as Atlantis ia already running in October....

Now I just have to wait for university to finish today and can watch it at home - I would go *now*, but unfortunately it's *me* who's gotta to the teaching ;)

...all the mouthwatering comments here.... :p

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Actually, the boxset does have the Atlantis preview. It would make sense to release the box BEFORE Atlantis airs, otherwise it isn't much of a preview

David85
June 29th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Maybe :) Haha...
TLC, they didn't say much about what was deleted or anything from the episode, it was mostly about how they changed the way they found the actual 'Lost City', by making the one found on Earth only a outpost that leads to the actual city, which was supposed to be the 'Lost City' (the outpost on Earth). Eh, i did a bad job on explaining it :(

It made sense, they explained that they had planned for Atlantis to still be on Earth, but then changed their minds because of season 8. I got it. :)

I still am confused through because they don't even find the city and the name of the episode is "Lost City". :)

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:26 AM
You're right, why Lost City when they don't even find it?

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Actually, the boxset does have the Atlantis preview. It would make sense to release the box BEFORE Atlantis airs, otherwise it isn't much of a previewShe was talking about the dvds for the US (i'm assuming)...

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:28 AM
I think the US one does also??

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:29 AM
It made sense, they explained that they had planned for Atlantis to still be on Earth, but then changed their minds because of season 8. I got it. :)

I still am confused through because they don't even find the city and the name of the episode is "Lost City". :)Maybe it was the 'purpose' of looking for the lost city, haha... But i guess it does show that they changed their minds on actually finding something.

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Unless they just wanted to cause MORE confusion than they already do!

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:49 AM
I for one thought they would actually find the lost city, haha... But when i found out it was only a outpost, i was... :(

Iskandra
June 29th, 2004, 08:51 AM
He was talking about the dvds for the US (I'm assuming)...

If you mean me, I'm a "she" ;)

I was talking about the US dvds, yes - but the UK ones will only come out next year, and both boxes are released *after* Atlantis airs - then it would be redundant to have a preview...

Still searching for the lost city.....

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 08:51 AM
I agree. So strange. Well, at least we get Atlantis

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:55 AM
If you mean me, I'm a "she" ;)

I was talking about the US dvds, yes - but the UK ones will only come out next year, and both boxes are released *after* Atlantis airs - then it would be redundant to have a preview...

Still searching for the lost city.....My bad :) Edited... :)

Iskandra
June 29th, 2004, 09:00 AM
My bad :) Edited... :)

Awww...thank you..... :o
Uh, I'm getting OT...

David85
June 29th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Maybe to confuse us more in Atlantis it's not really Atlantis but only an outpost! :)

All I can think is that it's based on what they wanted the second movie to be so maybe the movie was called Stargate SG-1: THe Lost City and they just wanted to keep the name. :)

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 09:59 AM
I think that would just REALLY annoy me

David85
June 29th, 2004, 10:34 AM
So the Brits get the 22 minute thing. I wonder if it will be on the season 7 DVD in the states or the first season of Atlantis, of course not as a preview, as a "background".

Sci Fi is showing that special hour long thing "From Stargate to Atlantis", hopefully us across the pond will get some good stuff then.

tfalls1
June 29th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Just saw the preview over lunch .... very interesting background!
Spoilers...

1. So the Ancient's were under seige and were forced to sink Atlantis... so maybe thats why the power is so low.... they were fighting a war...
2. The preview said they, the ancients, were undermanned.... so where were all the Ancient's back in the Milky Way? Where are all the reminents of the Ancient's Cities in the Milky way UNLESS.... maybe the Ancients came from yet another galaxy ON Atlantis... parked it on Earth... went around planting the seeds of life and stargates and then moved on to the Pegasis Galaxy... met the Wraith... not enough power to fly Atlantis anywhere so they sunk it... went thru the Stargate back to other destinations without the benefit of their city ship...hmmmm

Nostromo
June 29th, 2004, 12:35 PM
the pics are awesome... and you're mac user... I like.
Hi Selmac and the rest of you cool people!!

Glad to see you liked the photos and I am glad I could share a bit of the joy I got seeing the Atlantis preview.

I looked up a few details on the US version of Season 7 in hopes of finding anything on this Exclusive preview... But, I am sorry to tell you, that at this moment it looks like this and no preview was mentioned. But that does not mean it will not be included. I bet you will get an ever better one, so...

Season 7 Box set with the current specs.: (October 19th from MGM)

The Stargate SG-1 five-disc set features 1.78 anamorphic transfers, DD5.1, audio commentaries on each episode, a "Beyond the Gate" featurette and a "Directors Series" featurette. Retail is $69.96.

Now with that said, In about 17 days, you will rave about Atlantis and tell us on the other side of the globe what you thought of it... So we'll be envying you... :)

PS. Selmac, I am on a dual G5 1.8 and just ordered the new 23 inch screen you probably saw introduced yesterday by apple. Tiger looks pretty sweet!!!

Take care all! And when I have something more to share with you, look for my name...

Have a fantastic Summer all!!! With lots of sun, fun and laughter! oh and throw in some love there too, you can't get enough of that... :)

Byeeee!!!!!

-Nostromo