This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate 5#- The Cost of Honor

Well Fandomonium have released the coverart of the novel and some story information:

Following on from the success of their first mission to recover ancient anti-gravity technology, SG-1 set off to rescue Major Henry Boyd and the rest of SG-10 from the edge of a black hole.

But the rescue attempt has unforeseen ramifications which force them to confront a monstrous secret on the homeworld of the Kinahhi.

http://www.stargatenovels.com/costofhonor.shtml

End of august, looking forward to it!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

So...bump...why is this forum so quite?
    sigpic

Comment

I got an email today saying that the book is being released this week.

Here's the message:

Dear Stargate fan,

For those of you who have been waiting for the publication of the latest
      Stargate SG-1 novel, I'm pleased to say that it will be published this week.
      There's been a slight delay at the printers so we were unable to meet our
      original publication goal of 31 August. Apologies to the many fans who have
      been emailing us to ask when it will be out!

Entitled "Stargate SG-1: The Cost of Honor", this is the long-awaited sequel
      to Sally Malcolm's popular "Stargate SG-1: A Matter of Honor". The sequel
      follows SG-1 as they embark on their mission to save SG-10 from the edge of
      a black hole. However, heroism sometimes comes with a high price attached...

For more information, visit http://www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php and
      follow the links to more details about "The Cost of Honor". Or click this
      link to buy it now:
      http://www.stargatenovels.com/show_c...new=0954734343

-----------------------------------------------------------
      10% DISCOUNT OFFER - To celebrate the launch of the sequel to "A Matter of
      Honor", we are offering readers who haven't read the first book yet the
      opportunity to purchase Books 1 & 2 for a 10% discount. Click on this link
      below to order "A Matter of Honor" and "The Cost of Honor" together and save
      10%.
      http://www.stargatenovels.com/show_c...new=9999992743
      -----------------------------------------------------------

We hope you enjoy reading the books and, as always, welcome your feedback.

Very best regards,
      Tom
      Stargate Novels
      www.stargatenovels.com
      [email protected]

STARGATE SG-1 ™ & © 1997-2005 MGM Television Entertainment Inc./MGM Global
      Holdings Inc. STARGATE SG-1 is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
      Inc. All Rights Reserved.

NC

Comment

yes, I started...rather submitted a new thread containing that e-mail.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, wow. I hadn't even realised it was out! At least, I hope it is, and it's not the same as last time when they kept putting back the release date over and over, which got a tad frustrating.

I've been waiting SO long for this. Diving over to Amazon now and crossing my fingers it's there. Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Back - well I ordered it. Rather disappointed, I have to say that the estimated delivery date is 5th October!! What's happened to Amazon? The joy of it used to be in ordering a book or DVD one day and having it arrive the day after, two days at the latest. Recently, it seems I have to wait weeks for what I ordered, whether it comes from the UK or overseas. Really might as well start buying at the high street bookstore again as there seems little advantage to buying from Amazon these days.

Albion
          Last edited by Albion; 05 September 2005, 03:52 PM.
          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Speak for yourself Ive had to wait 6 months for a book before and 8 before they told me they didnt have something in stock.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I've just cancelled my order. After being told when I ordered it last night that it would take 4-6 weeks to deliver, I just got an email from Amazon to say it's going to take an additional 4-6 weeks and I wouldn't get it till almost November.

Stuff that. May as well pay the petrol costs to drive into Glasgow and get it from the high street.

Oh and I have you beat on Amazon screwups, EAG. After a screwup with my account, way back when, I ended up unable to access it and because I couldn't access it, Amazon said they couldn't access it either. Trapped within it was a pre-order for a novel. After going around and around in circles with Amazon, I finally gave it up as lost.

Four years later - I kid you not - I got an unexpected parcel in the mail. And there it was.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

So does anyone have this?
                sigpic

Comment

Not yet. I finally ordered it online from WH Smith. It was £2 dearer than it would have been from Amazon, but I'd have paid that in petrol to drive into Glasgow anyway. And I've just been informed it's on its way.

/me runs in happy, excited little circles!

So, hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week. Can't wait!

Albion

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Well you're all luckier than me. I live in the USA so I have to wait until somebody puts it up on ebay before I can get it. *fidgets impatiently*
                    I loved the first half, can’t wait for this one!
                    "Now would be the time for me to say something profound... nothing comes to mind."
                    --Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by cassia
                      Well you're all luckier than me. I live in the USA so I have to wait until somebody puts it up on ebay before I can get it. *fidgets impatiently*
                      I loved the first half, can’t wait for this one!
                      If you're willing to shell out some cash, you can get it from Amazon UK. The exchange rate isn't friendly, and of course the shipping rates are higher than if you buy in the states. If you want an idea of the costs, I just looked up what I paid for the last Stargate book which I got from Amazon UK. I see that the cost for the book and shipping was 11.77 pounds, which translated to 23.20 American dollars on my credit card. It's pretty costly for a paperback, I admit, but I'm too impatient to wait. I think you could cut down on the price if you order from another book store in the UK.

I just got an email today saying that they'd shipped my copy, and I loved the first half too, so I'm excited about getting this one.

NC

Comment

My copy arrived today!!! Woohoo! *leaves to go read her book*
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, got a simple question.

Did anybody get it and is it any good?

basically, I'd love a spoiler-ridden review of the book. I doubt I'll be getting them- unless it's cheap on eBay. But I'm curious as to how these books are written.

Most TV tie-ins never seem to go anywhere. Characters start out on page 1 and end on page 296 in the same situation. Or well, nothing's really happened to change them.

Comment

Mine hasn't arrived yet <fret>, hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Prion:

Most TV tie-ins never seem to go anywhere. Characters start out on page 1 and end on page 296 in the same situation. Or well, nothing's really happened to change them.
                            Generally, I'd absolutely agree with you about TV tie in novels. I stopped buying them years ago because fanfic was always better and I was always disappointed in them.

This new range from Fandemonium has generally been excellent though. Each one (with the exception of #4 City of the Gods which I thought was dreadful) I've enjoyed more and more.

#1 (Trial By Fire by Sabine Bauer) and #2 (Sacrifice Moon by Julie Fortune) were a notch above what I've come to expect from the genre, although I think Sabine's fanfic is a lot better than her novel. It was still way above par for the genre I thought and very enjoyable. Sacrifice Moon was intriguing as it went back right to the start of things, when the team was first formed, which added a nicely interesting edge to the characterisations in that one.

But # 3 - Sally Malcolm's A Matter of Honour - was quite simply one of the best TV tie in novels I've ever read. Absolutely superb, I couldn't fault it. Blew the entire genre out of the water. I was enthralled throughout from page one. The charactersations were spot on, there was plenty of action, intrigue, spooky bits, angst, excellent and funny humour/banter and even some very nice, subtle ship. And the whole team got time spent on them, which was another huge plus for me. I was on the edge of my seat throughout, there were moments where my heart was in my throat, and I've read it several times since.

So I'm really hoping for more of the same from this sequel from her.

Albion

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              If you're willing to shell out some cash, you can get it from Amazon UK.
                              Well I don't mind shelling out the money (the books are worth it) because that's more or less the same thing it ends up costing me on ebay, just because the exchange rate between GBP and US Dollars is so unfriendly. But wow, can you get them to ship to the states from the UK amazon? Because I tried that back when the first novels came out ("Trial by Fire" & "Sacrifice Moon") and they wouldn't let me order them to ship to the US. I guess I'll have to go back over there and see if they will now. Thanks for the tip!

And in answer to the person asking about if the books were any good, I have to add my agreement that yes, they are very good. There were some really pathetic novels done a few years ago, but all the ones that have been put out thus far by Fandomonium have been very enjoyable and totally worth getting. In my opinion anyway.

Originally posted by Albion
                              #1 (Trial By Fire by Sabine Bauer) and #2 (Sacrifice Moon by Julie Fortune) were a notch above what I've come to expect from the genre, although I think Sabine's fanfic is a lot better than her novel.
                              Sabine also wrote fanfiction?! Where could I find that?

And I have to totally agree with you about "Matter of Honor" that has to be one of the absolute best books. Not just best Stargate book, but best any kind of book I have read in a long time. I too, hope that the sequel keeps up the good work!
                              "Now would be the time for me to say something profound... nothing comes to mind."
                              --Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                              X