This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goblet of Fire gets a PG-13 in the US.

The Leaky Cauldron is reporting that the MPAA has given the US release of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire a PG-13 rating "sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images" , and someone dropping the F-bomb. That's right... someone lets fly that word in Harry Potter... in reference to Voldemort apparantly.

I wonder what it'll get in the UK. Will they give it a 12a or go as far as a 15?

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

I wondered as I read the climactic battle of GoF how the movie-makers were going to handle Big V. using the cruciatius curse on Harry. I can't imagine the cinema watchdogs of any nation looking lightly at an adult torturing a child.

It'll be interesting to see how diluted those scenes are.

Comment

That's not really surprising. This is the book where life ratchets up for Harry with the Tri-wizard Tournament and everything.

Spoiler:

Besides I would drop an F-bomb as well if I knew someone like Voldemort had come back.

Comment

This isn't that big of a deal. I mean, the heroes of the story are all supposed to be 15 years old in the movie, so it should be a movie directed at teens. Last time I checked, 12 year olds weren't teenagers.

Anyway, it's not like kids under 12 can't see it; "PG-13" is a warning to parents that the film is for 13 and up. It's a warning, not a restriction.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I don't know about the UK. Normally a single 'F~~~' spoken will get the film a 15 Certificate, but they've changed the rules for films in the past when they've thought that children would want to see them. Jurrassic Park and Spiderman, for instance.

Madeleine

Comment

Hmmm....I think it'll probably get a 12 in the UK. Otherwise there would be hundreds of kids who are fans of the book/previous films unable to see it. What were the ratings of the previous HP films?

Comment

They were all PG I think.

I think this is good! Hopefully the movie will be more adult and less kiddy!
              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
              X