This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c NOT filler

Anyone get the feeling Teal'c has been reduced to scene filler.

So far he seems so mimimized. I hope this changes soon as Teal'c is such a rock solid character!

Not quite sure how he is not considered a serious candidate to lead those snake boxes.

Oh well.

The Webgodfather

Hallowed is Homer.
    All will bow to the sound of "DOH"
    The WebGodFather

Hallowed is the Homer
    All will bow to the "DOH"

I think they want to give the team a bit of a disjointed feel until they get back together properly and he isnt the leader because the jaffa still distrust humans.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I personally would be more annoyed if he immediately dropped the Jaffa politics and re-joined sg1 at the start. I'm glad he's taking his time and spending more time on Dakara.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
        I personally would be more annoyed if he immediately dropped the Jaffa politics and re-joined sg1 at the start. I'm glad he's taking his time and spending more time on Dakara.
        To be honest, I am suprised he is around at all. (I am going to contradict myself and go with your train of thought).

Realistically, with the recent goa'uld demise, and Teal'c being who he is, I think he would definately be on Dakara full time for some time.

Never the less, I still look forward to him being a strong character/force in the show and I think the previous comment is very correct.

We the audience are being made to feel disjointed whilst they re-assemble.
        The WebGodFather

Hallowed is the Homer

Comment

I too am surprised that he isnt the leader but I think he wants the Jaffa to take responsibility themselves and have a proper democratic process (and he secretly wants to return to the sgc)
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            I too am surprised that he isnt the leader but I think he wants the Jaffa to take responsibility themselves and have a proper democratic process (and he secretly wants to return to the sgc)
            I suspect you are very correct. And if we are honest, I don't believe Teal'c is world leader material anyway. he does however make great revered hero for ever and ever material. Certainly not the contempt we observed in ep 3 or 4. All Jaffa should almost worship the guy as it was his pain/suffering/sacrifice that made it all possible.

Bratek might be a good consideration but I like having new blood like Lou. Lets see where it goes.

The Webgodfather
            The WebGodFather

Hallowed is the Homer

Comment

He would not like to be worshipped
              love Torri

Comment

While Teal'c does a good job of filling the screen when hes present (with his huge shoulders) I wish he would have had more to do in the first 4 eps. I imagen Teal'c feels a bit like an outcast on Dakara, he has been immersed in human culture for a long time and he has learned a lot of concepts that are simply alien to his people. I wonder if Jaffa even had a word for Democracy until Teal'c introduced it. Explaining it to the less educated jaffa could prove to be a problem, they may prefer the simplicity of a dictatorship.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  He would not like to be worshipped
                  Agreed, regardless of whether he would want to be, he would be.

A possible episode could be a sect of jaffa that have actually done just that.. begun worshiping Teal'c and create a religion about Teal'c.

Look at the pattern of humans.. they want to worship something.. The Jaffa have worshiped false gods, now they know they were wrong.. but with a true blue hero who battled rediculous odds.. seems reasonable the instinct to worship something could be drawn to do so with our man Teal'c.

I loved the episode where he throws the can from the grocery bag and nails the thief in the head.. he might have a career with the Denver broncos while he is off duty! ah hahahahaha
                  The WebGodFather

Hallowed is the Homer

Comment

I don't think Teal'c will be filler for much longer. Every season there have been eps where he seemed to barely be there at all. And every season whole episodes have been devoted to him. I doubt this season will be any different. I'm sure he will have a substantial role this season.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Webgodfather
                      Anyone get the feeling Teal'c has been reduced to scene filler.

So far he seems so mimimized. I hope this changes soon as Teal'c is such a rock solid character!

Not quite sure how he is not considered a serious candidate to lead those snake boxes.

Oh well.

The Webgodfather

Hallowed is Homer.
                      All will bow to the sound of "DOH"
                      I have to say it sadlly that Teal'c is a filler for all sesons here and there we can see a Teal'c major epi...and the fans think so too...look at his therad. he is a 9 years character and all people can talk about him is 472 posts??? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=20

Comment

I agree that Teal'c has not been used enough so far this season. I'm hoping he gets to do more once the team is back together.

Comment

I'm sure he will.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think that his level of appearance in the season so far are entirely in character, as others have said. He would be focused on Dakara and the Jaffa Nation at this point in his life. Especially as his committment to the SGC has more or less been fulfilled with the 'demise' of the Goa'uld.

I have missed him though, especially in TTTB, were I'd have liked to have seen more of him. However:

Spoiler:
                            There seem, from spoilers, to be a disproportionally huge number of episodes in S9 dedicated to focusing on the Jaffa Nation and it's birththroes, politics, infighting etc. So I imagine Teal'c will have massive screentime for the last two thirds of the season. Jaffa intense plots have never been my thing and I've been dreading all the time that seems to be spent on them in S9, because they bored me to tears, normally, but have to say that I'm missing Teal'c so badly I might even welcome them with open arms just to see him do something major.

Albion
                            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              I agree that Teal'c has not been used enough so far this season. I'm hoping he gets to do more once the team is back together.
                              I agree. I am hoping for a nice strong storyline for Teal'c. CJ can do so much more than what they have given him to do this far this season. I'm hoping for more team stuff where he can shine, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X