This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Vala (Spoilers for TTTB)

If the Stargate franchise is considering another sequel, I've got an idea: Stargate: Vala. There's gold in that thar Claudia Black. After eons of playing Farscape's ultra-serious Aeryn Sun, Black is positively bursting with mirth as SG-1's resident bad girl. But Vala's no ditz — when push comes to shove, the lady can play hardball, as evidenced during the budget conference. "Only an idiot would think you can defend this backwater planet with a few ships and a shield," she tells the chair of the Senate Appropriations Committee, throwing in a corny shot about his "shortcomings" for good measure. So why is Vala still at Stargate Command? Well, apart from her need to flirt with Daniel and pester him about credit cards, I'm guessing nobody was ready to let go of the Jaffa bracelets as a plot device. But as it led our heroes to the doorstep of Wallace Shawn's Arnus, I'm not complaining. Although I found the idea of Vala having "wonderful carnal times" with Arnus inconceivable, the gloriously farcical plot thread summed up Vala's catch-as-catch-can con artistry marvelously. Arnus refused to help SG-1 sunder the lingering bond between Vala and Daniel unless she returned a necklace. But she fenced the necklace for a power coil, and fenced the power coil for a ship… well, you get the general idea. The SG-1 team, being legends (as Mitchell constantly reminds us), manages to return all the property to the proper owners only to find out that Arnus really doesn't know how to diffuse the Jaffa bracelets either. Wonk-wonk-wonk…waaahhhhhnnnnk. — GJD
    http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Watercooler/
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Valagate!

Btw, I remember a site that used to call season 7 "Samgate" or "Lovegate".
    Since that time I delete it from my fave list.

Comment

So who wants a Vala spinoff?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

i'd love it but doubt theres enough material... thief hijiinks would get boring after 2-3 episodes...

perhaps a movie where daniel has to rescue her from the dread pirate roberts!! inconceivable!!

Comment

A mini-series maybe
          love Torri

Comment

no please no... as much as I love Vala, Atlantis and SG-1 are enough... it would be nice to see Vala as a one-person theif but if she gets caught or in trouble, no one bails her out.... Stargate: Asgard would be nice or better yet Stargate: Furlings!!!!
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              So who wants a Vala spinoff?
              i just talked about this in 'the ties that bind' ep thread.

i haven't fallen for this character (or actress really, even though she's good), so i woulnd't be one of the ppl that would watch it. but i'm sure there are others that would.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

yeah a mine series or one season thing with sg1 characters (namely daniel) appearing. or just have her do a recurring thing like bratac

Comment

i wudnt mind, it could be called, stargate: the other side......... detailing how poeple try to stop SG1, a new perspective of the widewr world on the series, and for material, it could involve multiple perspecives, thors, an ascended, vala, braytak.......it would be really cool, thwey could do film together, just from two perspectives, like living the episode in a new light.........wud be pretty fun IMO, and you could have thought voiceovers, like thor going ' tealc has hair' or braytak going 'carter is babbling agen, lets look interested for the sake of it'!
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Stargate: Vala? Count me in for subscription

Comment

I don't think there would be enough material to create a full fledged spinoff for Vala but I hope they bring her back as a recurring character just like Jacob was because Vala rocks.

Comment

I thought we were already watching the Vala show...

Comment

no that's stargate sg1

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I thought we were already watching the Vala show...
                            Thats exactly the response I was looking for when I started this thread I dont really want Stargate Vala and I dont want SG1 to be it either
                            love Torri

Comment

I thought you(qasimjavid) didn't like Vala.

Comment

Working...
                              X