X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - TV Guide Online: Watercooler - Aug. 5 episodes

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Watercooler/

(Please follow the link for the COMPLETE weekend column.)

Don't forget to VOTE in the Poll at the bottom of the web page for the best show you watched this weekend!

THE WATERCOOLER

The Watercooler is a daily discussion of last night's TV. Our talented crew of writers offer up fun and insightful commentary on their most-loved TV shows, and you get a chance to make your voice heard in our poll.

http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Watercooler/default.htm#Poll

**SNIPPAGE**

FRIDAY

Stargate SG-1

If the Stargate franchise is considering another sequel, I've got an idea: Stargate: Vala. There‘s gold in that thar Claudia Black. After eons of playing Farscape's ultra serious Aeryn Sun, Black is positively bursting with mirth as SG-1's resident bad girl. But Vala's no ditz — when push comes to shove, the lady can play hardball, as evidenced during the budget conference. "Only an idiot would think you can defend this backwater planet with a few ships and a shield," she tells the chair of the Senate Appropriations Committee, throwing in corny shot about his "shortcomings" for good measure. So why is Vala still at Stargate Command? Well, apart from her need to flirt with Daniel and pester him about credit cards, I'm guessing nobody was ready to let go of the Jaffa bracelets as a plot device. But as it led our heroes to the doorstep of Wallace Shawn's Arnus, I'm not complaining. Although I found the idea of Vala having "wonderful carnal times" with Arnus inconceivable, the gloriously farcical plot thread marvelously summed up Vala's catch-as-catch-can con artistry. Arnus refused to help SG-1 sunder the lingering bond between Vala and Daniel unless she returned a necklace. But she fenced the necklace for a power coil, and fenced the power coil for a ship… well, you get the general idea. The SG-1 team, being legends (as Mitchell constantly reminds us) manages to return all the property to the proper owners only to find out that Arnus really doesn't know how to diffuse the Jaffa bracelets either. Wonk-wonk-wonk…waaahhhhhnnnnk. — GJD

Stargate Atlantis

I'll admit that I found the idea of having Rodney McKay share his body with a woman about as inspired as me composing a rock opera about George Peppard (you try to find a rhyme for Banaczek). I don't know about you, but I'm still traumatized by William Shatner's interpretation of a woman in Capt. Kirk's body in Star Trek's "Turnabout Intruder." But here, David Hewlett kept the histrionics to a minimum (no tacky simpering or sashaying, thank you very much) to depict the awkward and hilarious coexistence of McKay and Lt. Cadman (Jamie Ray Newman), who were lumped together in the former's body after Zalenka (David Nykl) tried to free them from a Wraith Dart ship. Sure it's a rip off of "All of Me," but it's a top-notch rip-off and a great showcase for Atlantis' petulant genius. The smooch Hewlett plants on Paul McGillion's Beckett (Cadman has a crush on the Scot doc) at the finale has to go down as an all-time classic Stargate moment (can you imagine O‘Neill kissing Daniel? Teal'c… maybe). Elsewhere, Sheppard — no doubt captivated by Dex's Hagar-influenced table manners — was trying to talk Ronon to stay in Atlantis. I have no doubt that Jason Momoa has had some serious martial arts training, but let's face it, those guys Dex practiced with were as formidable as Kirk's red shirts. And I know Rachel Luttrell's Teyla could have broken that hold Ronon had her pinned to the floor with because I could have. However, her split was damn impressive — I've been trying to pull that off…um, accomplish that feat in karate class for two years now and still can't do it. — GJD

**SNIPPAGE**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

POLL

http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Watercooler/default.htm#Poll

What was the best show you watched this weekend?

The 4400
    American Dad
    Battlestar Galactica
    Big Brother
    Cold Case
    The Comeback
    Desperate Housewives
    Entourage
    Family Guy
    Queer as Folk
    Six Feet Under
    Stargate Atlantis
    Stargate SG-1
    Weeds
    Veronica Mars

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thank you
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Yeah, thanks. Sg-1 was my fav.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
      X