This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synopses - Get in the Gate - Promo Commercials

Ah, you got to love the Stargate cast and crew.

The SciFi Channel aired three promo commercials tonight for the "Get in the Gate" Sweepstakes -- and the commercials were filmed in the SGC Gateroom, with Sam Carter and John Shephard assisting. (The wormhole is active, as we can see the blue event horizon.)

Before I forget, here's the link again for the "Get in the Gate" Sweepstakes:

http://stargate.scifi.com/

To view all the prizes:

http://stargate.scifi.com/images/prizes.jpg

Here are some brief synopses of the commercials:

COMMERCIAL NUMBER ONE - Running time: 20 seconds

Commercial opens with Sam and John sitting at a table in the SGC Gateroom (there's a pitcher of water on the table) -- Sam says "Next" -- and two young women (wearing red/blue leotards) come flying by, performing back flips.

Sam looks over at John, and John looks over at the direction the tumblers went...

The tumblers return, performing cartwheels in front of Sam and John.

They return, doing back flips again.

Sam and John hold up white cardboard cards with the number "10" printed on -- reminiscent of the Olympics scoring judges.

COMMERCIAL NUMBER TWO - Running time: 40 seconds

Again, this commercial is filmed inside the SGC Gateroom. Sam says, "Okay, show up what you've got."

A normal looking guy starts singing "Stargate" and Joe calls out, "Next."

Next up -- is a young man dressed up in Jaffa armor, carrying a staff weapon. He yells out, "Kree, Jaffa!" and then lunges in towards Sam with the staff weapon.

John yells out "Next!"

Next up, a young woman, who starts to sing "Atlantis."

Sam cuts her off quickly, and says, "Thank you."

Next up -- the tumblers from the first commercial, but we just see the last portion of that commercial, they do back flips, and Sam and John hold up the "10" cards.

Another guy walks up (kind of doofus looking), and John doesn't even give him a chance, he just says quickly "Next."

The "contestant" hesitates, and then turns and runs up the ramp towards the event horizon. A security guard (wearing a white shirt and dark pants) yells out "Hey!" and makes a flying tackle of the guy.

Sam and John have stood up, looking concerned, and John winces when the guy is tackled.

Voice over announcer starts his spiel for the Sweepstakes, "Think you've got what it takes to join the SG team?"

Next up, and even dorkier looking guy wearing a silver/black outfit (sort of looks like that flight suit Jack and Sam wore in "Redemption - Part One") is performing the Robot maneuver.

Back to the announcer showing a computer screen and how to access the Sweepstakes web site.

Back to the SGC Gateroom, and the first guy is back, singing "Stargate" and performing a ballet maneuver.

Sam says to John "Where did they find these people?"

COMMERCIAL NUMBER THREE -- Running time: 15 seconds

This commercial is the segment of the contestant being cut off by John and then running towards the event horizon.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/
    Last edited by morjana; 26 June 2004, 12:11 AM. Reason: misspelled word

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Saw 'em! They were a hoot!
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Where we can download the promo?

SNY

Comment

Yeah, I saw the 2nd one, absolutely hilarious!!!! Loved the part where the guy was singing lyrics to the Stargate Theme, great stuff!

Did anyone catch the Stargate SG1 promo for Season 8? I saw it during The Lost City. I only saw it once so I don't remember a lot about it. But, I thought that it was about time they ran a promo for it.
        "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Great promos for the Get in the Gate Contest. All were hysterical, but totally cracked up when Carter and Sheppard held up the 10s.
          sigpic

Comment

Where can I download all the new promos for season 8 and Atlantis?? Especially this new funny one with Sam and Shepperd. Is there a fansite somewhere??

Comment

I've only seen the long one so far, with the singing, and the guy running for the gate. Thank goodness for my DVR, I only saw the second half of the commercial, so I rewound it so I could watch the full spot. Then I had to rewind again, because the only other words out of my mouth were "Was that Davis?!" I keep wondering of the "security guard" was really Chevron Guy!

Maybe I ought to pay a bit more attention to the commercials.

Wait a minute. New one. It's a longer version of the Robot guy. John says, "Okay, next!" and the guy does the robot, complete with music. Sam says "okay", they move to the computer with the get in the gate, and you hear her say "We'll... call you."

*snicker*

Comment

Dang! Our cable just went out -- right in the middle of "Watergate!"

ARGH!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I saw the one with the tumblers, the one with the guy in the silver suit, but I haven't seen the others. The ones I saw cracked me up!

Question:

Why Carter and Shepherd? It's an interesting pairing....
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

Both are 2nd-in-commands? Sam to Jack, John to Doc Weir. That's my guess, anyway. *shrug* I guess they got delegated!

Comment

still no download link?

Comment

Pleaseeeeee

Link to download that promo!

SNY

Comment

dl link any1

Comment

I saw the comercials. They were pretty good.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, but I've seen one which has a combination of all of these. It starts out with the guy singing, then the gymnistis, then the guy running towards the gate. Anyone else seen it?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                              X