PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Technologies Function

Lord §okar
August 7th, 2005, 06:31 PM
For one I have no problem explaining in detail what a hyperdrive is and the theory behind it.
Please do.

and anyone who read my paper on Transporter Technology (I did have help writing that btw), know that I can put this down rather simply
May we have a link?

Lord §okar
August 8th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Bump.

_Owen_
August 8th, 2005, 05:07 PM
There is no link he e-mailed it to those of us who asked. If you would like a copy you are to Private Messge him.

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 8th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Ok, but I'd still relish to opportunity to hear him describe exactly how the hyperdrive works.

Freyrs
August 8th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I don't know about hyperdrives in Stargate but if its anything like Warp Drive in Star Trek, you have to "submerge"; the ship into a lower domain of space called subspace to avoid the relativistic time and energy effects on traveling at the speed of light. In theory in subspace the speed of light isn't the universal speed limit that it is here in our normal space.

The other theory is of hyperspace, which relates to the topology of the universe. In theory if universe had a "lower level"; which on every point of it relates to a point in our universe but has a shorter linear length (think hyperbola) when measured from our perspective, and if you could somehow enter hyperspace and travel in hyperspace then you would travel a greater distance in a shorter amount of time in comparision to traveling the same linear distance in normal space. Thats also assuming that at least a relativistic view of time is the same in both planes and bla bla bla...

I don't know if I got it all right, please correct me if I'm wrong.

_Owen_
August 8th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Ok, but I'd still relish to opportunity to hear him describe exactly how the hyperdrive works.
Indeed it would be an interesting post. I would enjoy reading as well.

Owen Macri

_Owen_
August 8th, 2005, 08:42 PM
The collective reasoning of the majority of the Science and Tech forum think that hyper space works slightly diffrently. However, no one is right or wrong.

The Warp Drive however, is a little diffrent. Also known as the Alcubierre drive, the warp drive creates a bubble around the ship compacting the space in front and explanding the space behind, so it is not the ship moving faster than light it is space.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Warp_drive.jpg

This is a picture of a warp bubble. or Alcubierre bubble, and here is a link to a Wikipedia article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 8th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Nettiquete demands that you do not link directly to remote images and instead provide a link to the article that contains them.

Given that hyperspace is name given to extraspatial dimensions it only seems reasonable that the hyperdrive allows one to step over the idiosyncrasies and distortions in local three dimensional topography by moving the ship through one or more of the seven extra spatial dimensions associated with standard space time.

_Owen_
August 8th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Very well, the link didn't even work because I added a "=" in the tag by mistake. And either way, I included a link to the article that contained the picture anyways.

As for this "Nettiquette," a link would be appreciated...

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 8th, 2005, 09:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Yes I can see they paid particular attention to flaming.

_Owen_
August 8th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Thank you, but I don't see anything about posting images?

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 8th, 2005, 10:12 PM
So I see, there's an RTC article that has the whole netiquette... statute, I guess, all written down, here's an article regarding diret linking: http://www.wagsouth.com/netiq.html

_Owen_
August 9th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I think that is a really big stretch. People put pictures and stuff on there websites so you and other people can look at them. Whether it is on there site or linked to their site, they offered the pictures, so you are completley entilted to show them to people. As for stealing bandwidth. Come on. Seriously who wrote this? People start website, most of the time, fully aware that they only have so much bandwidth, yet they still create their websites. What they are saying is insane. So, if you go onto someones site you are also using their bandwidth, and you are using it, so you are stealing as well. Whoever starts a website, offers its' contents and its' bandwidth to the general public, unless stated otherwise. Except for the bandwidth when you start a website you have to expect people to use your bandwidth where it is by directly viewing your site, or linking to it. It is not stealing what so ever.

That article has to be the absolute stupidest thing I have ever read in my life. I cannot believe someone would actualy believe it. I really can't I am not trying to be insulting, I really cannot believe someone would say something like that.

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 9th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evodently you've never run a website and, therefore, can't know the frustration of seeing your months' bandwidth eaten up because some thoughtless... person has linked your picture to a page that is hit quite frequently. Some people with banners get money for every hit on their page, every time you hotlink that's their income going away, as well as their bandwidth. Even if the webmaster got none of those chagrins it's still bad manners.

People put pictures and stuff on there websites so you and other people can look at them.
They're not here for your website, they're there for theirs. So go to their site to look at them.

So, if you go onto someones site you are also using their bandwidth, and you are using it, so you are stealing as well.
Wrong. People intend you to visit their sites to read their content, they're not Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com).

Except for the bandwidth when you start a website you have to expect people to use your bandwidth where it is by directly viewing your site, or linking to it.
Linking to it is acceptable and encouraged, hotlinking images is condemned.

_Owen_
August 10th, 2005, 05:17 PM
If I had a website promoting pictures, I would very well expect people to hotlink to them, and I would not complain. Sure, you might loose bnadwidth a little faster, but who cares. Next month you will start all over again.

Posting a picture on the internet, is like putting a picture out on the street and leaving it. Anyone is free to take it because the street is public property, and you have left it there purposley. However, putting a picture into a safe, putting the safe on the sidewalk and chaining it to your front porch, with a camera inside showing the picture inside the safe on a screen on the outside, then you would obviously not want someone to take it, but only to view it. And there are ways to prevent hotlinking, and even to prevent copying images.

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 10th, 2005, 05:29 PM
If I had a website promoting pictures, I would very well expect people to hotlink to them, and I would not complain. Sure, you might loose bnadwidth a little faster, but who cares. Next month you will start all over again
As before, you've evidently never run a website.

You can construe anyway you like in your mind and it won't change the fact that webmasters resent you stealing their bandwidth. Forget why? Just read my post again, it addresses every retort you may have. If for no other reason then don't hotlink because it's discourteous.

_Owen_
August 10th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Webmasters have the option to prevent hotlinking, if they don't want to use it, then it is as good as an invitation to link. However, I can see we are going to have diffrent oppinions on this so perhaps we should get back on topic.

Owen Macri

Lightsabre
August 10th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Nettiquete demands that you do not link directly to remote images and instead provide a link to the article that contains them.

Sokar, you've mentioned netiquette several times in yoiur last couple of posts on this thread and others.
You do know there is no requirement on this board to observe those rules, right.
As long as you follow the forum rules, it's fine.
Demanding that everyone follow, exactly, your version of netiquette won't win you many friends. Esp when all they were doing was adding a link to help make their post more understandable.

_Owen_
August 10th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Thank you Lightsabre! Rep to you! Anyways, everyone here is still my friend, anyone that wants to be!

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 10th, 2005, 07:15 PM
You do know there is no requirement on this board to observe those rules, right.
Of course I do, I'm not stupid.

There's no rule that says I'm not allowed to shout at people who bring their shopping trolley into the elevator with me but I don't, no matter how much I want to, because I'm also very mannered. Do you catch the drift?

Demanding that everyone follow, exactly, your version of netiquette won't win you many friends.
I'm demanding nothing, and it's not my version of anything.

Esp when all they were doing was adding a link to help make their post more understandable.
Post a link, there's nothing demanding a hotlinked image.

Webmasters have the option to prevent hotlinking, if they don't want to use it, then it is as good as an invitation to link.
I see, so if I forget to lock my door that's the same as inviting people to rob me?

Is this thread now about image hotlinking, or are we waiting for jaden to tell us all what's what?

_Owen_
August 10th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Personally, I think what you just posted is offensive in many ways, especially to jaden. That was unnecesary. However I am not going to make it a big deal, do you know why. Because I just think you need to cheer up a little. Yep, I think so, so relax calm down and have fun.

A hug wouldn't hurt either...

Owen Macri

Lightsabre
August 10th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Of course I do, I'm not stupid.

Well, you see, when someone starts insisting we follow netiquette, it's cause to wonder if they do know this.
You've highjacked 2 or 3 threads with this netiquette fixation of yours, so I figured I'd make sure you knew.

There's no rule that says I'm not allowed to shout at people who bring their shopping trolley into the elevator with me but I don't, no matter how much I want to, because I'm also very mannered. Do you catch the drift?

No. I don't. I"m saying we don't have to follow netiquette. In point of fact, I"m saying Owen's link did NOT break forum rules, so it's fine.
I don't see the relevance in what you are saying here at all.

[
Demanding that everyone follow, exactly, your version of netiquette won't win you many friends.
I'm demanding nothing, and it's not my version of anything.

Agian, when you highjack threads with it, you are.
And your version of netiquette isn't mine.

[
Esp when all they were doing was adding a link to help make their post more understandable.
Post a link, there's nothing demanding a hotlinked image.

No, and there's nothing saying he can't either. FOr god's sake, this is such a minor thing to throw a tantrum over.
Was it your site he linked to? No.
Either way, take it up with owen in private or the mods. Stop highjacking threads.

[
Webmasters have the option to prevent hotlinking, if they don't want to use it, then it is as good as an invitation to link.
I see, so if I forget to lock my door that's the same as inviting people to rob me?

Is this thread now about image hotlinking, or are we waiting for jaden to tell us all what's what?
I didn't write that one, but I'll take it.
If I put a picture up on the web and people link to it,. where's the harm.
And don't spout off about bandwidth please. Unless your host is incredibly miserly, a single image hotlinked isn't likely to burn through all of it.
It's not teh same as someone physically stealing from you.

Lord §okar
August 10th, 2005, 11:19 PM
EDIT: Would you really like to continue this? I will if you'd like but it's dreadfully dull, no?

Lightsabre
August 11th, 2005, 02:32 AM
EDIT: Would you really like to continue this? I will if you'd like but it's dreadfully dull, no?
Not really.
Wil you stop hi-jacking threads?

Lord §okar
August 11th, 2005, 03:53 AM
You've highjacked 2 or 3 threads with this netiquette fixation of yours,
No, only this one and only because it's disused (to be expected since the purpose of it was to try to get jaden to back up his statements).

Agent_Dark
August 11th, 2005, 03:59 AM
ffs Lord §okar, no-one thinks you're cool by dragging each thread down into an arguement. Try posting something useful for once.

Lord §okar
August 11th, 2005, 04:05 AM
You're obviously 100% ignorant so stop talking.

Agent_Dark
August 11th, 2005, 04:23 AM
You're obviously 100% ignorant so stop talking.
HAHAHAHA

Evidently rules regarding spam and off topic posts are less important than others here.

If you want to make inane posts, or posts that begin with or contain anywhere in their body the word "lol" you have an off topic form.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=15484

Your sig just about sums you up. gg dude.

Lord §okar
August 11th, 2005, 04:28 AM
If you weren't so dull you'd realize I created that thread to make a point satirically.

Your sig just about sums you up. gg dude.
Yours has me torn since I liked Perfect Dark alot.

_Owen_
August 11th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Ok, now we have all had our fun, but I can tell this is going to get ugly, perhaps we should move the thread back on topic before a mod bans all of us.

Owen Macri

Agent_Dark
August 11th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Ok, now we have all had our fun, but I can tell this is going to get ugly, perhaps we should move the thread back on topic before a mod bans all of us.

Owen Macri
Meh, it was never on topic in the first place. I think I'll just leave this little section of the forums and let you chaps wang it out.

Lord §okar
August 11th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Your sig just about sums you up
I'm not useless. :eek:

_Owen_
August 11th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Lol, then what is up with your signature?

Owen Macri

Lightsabre
August 11th, 2005, 02:11 PM
You've highjacked 2 or 3 threads with this netiquette fixation of yours,
No, only this one and only because it's disused (to be expected since the purpose of it was to try to get jaden to back up his statements).

Nope, you also hujacked another that Agent Dark highlighted with some crap about people not being able to say LOL.
Basically, if you don't like the way we post, leave. Otherwise shut up.
Same with this.
You asked a question, Owen answered it.
Then you turned it into some netiquette crap. Do you do this anytime you don't have an answer??

Three PhDs
August 11th, 2005, 03:23 PM
You asked a question, Owen answered it.
Then you turned it into some netiquette crap. Do you do this anytime you don't have an answer??Sokar always answers, he just happens to be polite to a fault.

Lightsabre
August 11th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Sokar always answers, he just happens to be polite to a fault.
Really, since when??
All Iv'e seen is he asks a question, someone answers, he start spouting off on netiquette.
That's not polite, it's simply thread-jacking.

_Owen_
August 11th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Thank you again Lightsabre. I just had a quick question. What is this thread about. The first post seems to be Lord Sokar attacking Jaden10. Is there something wrong with this thread?

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 11th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Jaden offered to explain how hyperdrives work, I took him up on his offer. That's what this thread is about. It's actually explained in the initial post...

All Iv'e seen is he asks a question, someone answers, he start spouting off on netiquette.
There's been no answer, I'm waiting on it.

Lol, then what is up with your signature?
It's a line from a Radiohead song, "Let Down", that I happen to adore.

_Owen_
August 11th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Allright, thank you!

Owen Macri

Lightsabre
August 11th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Jaden offered to explain how hyperdrives work, I took him up on his offer. That's what this thread is about. It's actually explained in the initial post...

There's been no answer, I'm waiting on it.

Oh, so Owen didn't post an explanation? And you didn't then go balistic over him linking an image.???
Or do you mean jaden, who possibly doesn't even know this thread exists, has yet to answer you. Cause if you want to talk to just one person, try private messaging.

_Owen_
August 11th, 2005, 07:17 PM
If you would like I can repost my theory on how Hyperspace and Subspace, work?

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 11th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Oh, so Owen didn't post an explanation?
No he didn't, and even if he did the purpose of the thread would not be satisfied since I took jaden up on his offer.

Ok but I'll just repost my reply which came in the post directly after it.

And you didn't then go balistic over him linking an image.???
Sigh. I politely teold him that you shouldn't hotlink images which spawned a discussion. Do you have some aversion to reading a thread?

Or do you mean jaden, who possibly doesn't even know this thread exists, has yet to answer you.
He knows. I told him.

You can't possibly imagine the extent of self restraint I just exercised. Go away.

Lightsabre
August 11th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Oh, so Owen didn't post an explanation?
No he didn't, and even if he did the purpose of the thread would not be satisfied since I took jaden up on his offer.

And you didn't then go balistic over him linking an image.???
Sigh. I politely teold him that you shouldn't hotlink images which spawned a discussion. Do you have some aversion to reading a thread?

Or do you mean jaden, who possibly doesn't even know this thread exists, has yet to answer you.
He knows. I told him.

You can't possibly imagine the extent of self restraint I just exercised. Go away.

You can't possibly imagine how little I care. Post something relevant or get lost.

Three PhDs
August 12th, 2005, 07:13 AM
If you don't care, don't reply.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 01:41 PM

You should have either taken him up on his offer in the threads which he posted his offer, or discussed it over the private message system, or through e-mails.

Allrighty then I will leave you here in your little splendor.

You used the phrase "nettiquette demands..." tell me, how is that polite?

He knows. I told him.

He, does have the right to not reply, if you want him to posting in here will not help as he might not even view this thread. So perhaps the Private Message system or e-mail?

Owen Macri

Lightsabre
August 12th, 2005, 03:27 PM
If you don't care, don't reply.
I don't care about his self restraint.

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 04:38 PM
You can't possibly imagine how little I care. Post something relevant or get lost.
Yes you do you pretentious dullard, no-one, not even someone in such dire need of a gene pool clean as you would post a page of rhetoric on a topic they don't care about. What's even more laughable is that you're still diligently checking to declare your lack of interest. :p Even you must be capable of appreciating that irony.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Niles/rolleyes.gif To think you have the temerity to suggest I derailed this thread...

You used the phrase "nettiquette demands..." tell me, how is that polite?
Erm, how is it not? I could have said, "Don't hotlink images you ill-mannered boor!" but instead I simply stated that netiquette demands (and it does) that you don't do that.

Allrighty then I will leave you here in your little splendor.
What on earth could that possibly mean?

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Erm, how is it not? I could have said, "Don't hotlink images you ill-mannered boor!" but instead I simply stated that netiquette demands (and it does) that you don't do that.

Well... when comparing the two I believe I will take the former, however, it is still not polite in my oppinion. Instead you could have said:

"Owen, next time would you mind just adding a link to the picture, as when hotlinking images directly to forums, it eats up the websites bandwidth pretty fast. And some smaller websites can't afford a lot..."

What on earth could that possibly mean?

It just means that I will not waste your time posting again.

And just for the record, I understand your concerns, and with smaller sites, yes, I can understand why linking images would not be such a good idea, however I hotlinked this image from wikipedia, so I don't think monthly bandwidth is going to be a problem.

Owen Macri

Lightsabre
August 12th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Yes you do you pretentious dullard, no-one, not even someone in such dire need of a gene pool clean as you would post a page of rhetoric on a topic they don't care about. What's even more laughable is that you're still diligently checking to declare your lack of interest. :p Even you must be capable of appreciating that irony.

I never said I didn't care about the topic. I don't care about the self restraint you claim to have exercised.
When someone took the post the wrong way, I clarified it.
And I don't need to resort to personal insults.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Niles/rolleyes.gif To think you have the temerity to suggest I derailed this thread...

Yes, since you did. I entered it to read a tech discussion, as I quite like them.
All I say was Owen trying to talk and you going on and on about netiquette.
So I stuck up for him.
YOu are the one who got offended, has repeatedly attacked me and derailed the thread.
I'm not even in the first 6 or so posts, so how can I have derailed it??

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 07:51 PM
All I say was Owen trying to talk and you going on and on about netiquette.
So I stuck up for him.

And I thank you very much for it.

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 08:20 PM
I entered it to read a tech discussion, as I quite like them.
And instead instigated this entire line of discussion. Mine was a statement, "dont hotlink images because", you insisted on debating it, a truly absurd position since you shouldn't hotlink images, and you've been doing so for two whole pages even after I suggested quits and for even longer after the debate between Owen and myself came to a close.

Technically you're both to blame for sending us off topic since the topic was a debate between myself and jaden, no-one's interested in you interlopers.

YOu are the one who got offended,
People do that when you tell them to shut up. I'm sick of being civil here while fending off these halfwitted gripes of supposed incensed forumites.

jaden10
August 12th, 2005, 08:31 PM

Lightsabre. At least I know I am not the only one of few that are annoyed by his padantic comments.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 08:39 PM
So, now the topic is closed to all members except you and jaden, hmm... strange seeing as I thought the forum was open to all. But I could be wrong.

Strange indeed.

Owen Macri

jaden10
August 12th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Hey all, I have been sandbagging and just reading and reading the threads. And you know what I see the most? Lord Jackass (Lord Sokar for those who don't know who I mean) is actually being insulting with his sarcastic comments, his personal attacks (and if you need a example Sokar here is one (Yes you do you pretentious dullard, no-one, not even someone in such dire need of a gene pool clean as you). Where is the "netiquette" with those comments. So now not only are you personally attacking more people, with comments above, but your also a hypocrite. The only thing you proving is your a pretensious wind bag with a serious lack of honour by not sticking to your word, but also proving that you lack the common sense and intellegence God gave a doornob. I don't think you come into these areas to debate, you come here to barade people because you have a serious lack of respect for yourself, and I apparently a serious lack of honour.Screw this, David is getting a email about this, and HIGHLY suggest everyone else who is taking offense to this bragget and cad to do the same.

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 08:52 PM
There you have it, I've been told! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Niles/thumbsup.gif

EDIT: Points for that wickedly derisive mockery of my name. I can say with complete certainty I haven't seen the likes of such subtle satire since the last time a concrete mixer collided with a semi-trailer.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Ok, that post does contain some material that does not suit forum rules. You should probably edit it before a moderator does for you.

I would have to agree though, you are talking to me about netiquette while insulting other forum members.

Now, I strongly believe we should discontinue this discussion seeing as it is going to errupt into a massive ruckus and it will ruin this whole section. Now please cane EVERYONE stop this, including myself.

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 09:06 PM
You should probably edit it before a moderator does for you.
Although I doubt it, he may, I'd better put it on record then.

Hey all, I have been sandbagging and just reading and reading the threads. And you know what I see the most? Lord Jackass (Lord Sokar for those who don't know who I mean) is actually being insulting with his sarcastic comments, his personal attacks (and if you need a example Sokar here is one (Yes you do you pretentious dullard, no-one, not even someone in such dire need of a gene pool clean as you). Where is the "netiquette" with those comments. So now not only are you personally attacking more people, with comments above, but your also a hypocrite. The only thing you proving is your a pretensious wind bag with a serious lack of honour by not sticking to your word, but also proving that you lack the common sense and intellegence God gave a doornob. I don't think you come into these areas to debate, you come here to barade people because you have a serious lack of respect for yourself, and I apparently a serious lack of honour.Screw this, David is getting a email about this, and HIGHLY suggest everyone else who is taking offense to this bragget and cad to do the same.

In regard to: "I don't think you come into these areas to debate, you come here to barade people because you have a serious lack of respect for yourself, and I apparently a serious lack of honour."

I'd just love to have a debate with you, jaden (about the Hubble or hyperspace, for example), but you'll never give me the chance. Oh well.

I promise I'll be civil if you'll engage me on any topic. :p

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Just the fact that you decided to quote the message so that jaden could not delete his mistakes, tells me a lot about you...

Owen Macri

jaden10
August 12th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Ok, that post does contain some material that does not suit forum rules. You should probably edit it before a moderator does for you.
Owen Macri

Perhaps, but there is one thing about me and it goes back to how I grew up. I don't pad the truth, if the mods wish to edited then by all means. But I will not beat around the bush, when it is soo much easier just to get it out and say it. I am not going to appologize for anything that I have said.

And so help me as I walk on this earth, I will stand by what I say and what I have said.

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Just the fact that you decided to quote the message so that jaden could not delete his mistakes, tells me a lot about you...
It should tell you that if David going to be reading this thread because jaden dobbed there's no way I'm getting in trouble if he isn't.

In regard to: "I don't think you come into these areas to debate, you come here to barade people because you have a serious lack of respect for yourself, and I apparently a serious lack of honour."

I'd just love to have a debate with you, jaden (about the Hubble or hyperspace, for example), but you'll never give me the chance. Oh well.

I promise I'll be civil if you'll engage me on any topic.

I don't pad the truth,
*stifles raucous laughter*

jaden10
August 12th, 2005, 09:14 PM

I promise I'll be civil if you will.

Give me a reason what I should? You completely lost that right when you started your attitude issue with everyone. If you kept your comments and attitude in check, then I would have explained in the fine details of my theories on Hyperspace travel and the hubble space telescope. From where I stand the chances of you getting ANY debate from me are just a hair better then in snowing in Death Valley California in the summer.

jaden10
August 12th, 2005, 09:18 PM
It should tell you that if David going to be reading this thread because jaden dobbed there's no way I'm getting in trouble if he isn't.

So what? apparently you don't understand BBS systems, they have what are called LOGS, they record everything that is done on this system. So I can edit it a million times and the original comment is going to be there right at the top of the comment list. And you know what, that comment that you just made, reminds me of when my kid was in 1st and 2nd grade. (in a little childs voice) If you tell on me i am going to tell on you.

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah, but he has to look through the logs, which I doubt he would.

reminds me of when my kid was in 1st and 2nd grade.
Funny that.

Give me a reason what I should? You completely lost that right when you started your attitude issue with everyone. If you kept your comments and attitude in check, then I would have explained in the fine details of my theories on Hyperspace travel and the hubble space telescope. From where I stand the chances of you getting ANY debate from me are just a hair better then in snowing in Death Valley California in the summer.
Wouldn't you just relish deftly laying a smackdown argument on me and forever shredding my credibility, not to mention overtly hostile nature?

I don't pad the truth,
Must... restrain... comment.

Madeleine
August 12th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I don't know the intricacies of Netiquette, but I do know that hotlinking without permission can be really irritating or even damaging to website owners.

Please do not post pictures off other people's websites without explicit permission. You can link to them instead.

As for the bickering, it's not even bickering about the topic, it's bickering about bickering, which is pretty stupid. Please could it stop now.

Thanks.

Madeleine
GateWorld Moderator

(Now, is there a topic in the house?)

jaden10
August 12th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I don't know the intricacies of Netiquette, but I do know that hotlinking without permission can be really irritating or even damaging to website owners.

Please do not post pictures off other people's websites without explicit permission. You can link to them instead.

As for the bickering, it's not even bickering about the topic, it's bickering about bickering, which is pretty stupid. Please could it stop now.

Thanks.

Madeleine
GateWorld Moderator

What about posting pictures that we upload to a website that is made for hosting pictures that will be posted on different websites via "Hot linking"

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 09:45 PM
That's ok, those sites are made so for forumites to post pictures. See:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Niles/justabouteverysound.jpg

There is indeed. jaden?

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Well I don't know about you but I am acheing to discuss something serious!

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I really want to discuss jaden's hyperspace and Hubble telescope theories! Champing at the bit, as it were.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Very well, I will observe and post the occasional comment.

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Once he posts the thread is open to the floor, I should think.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Ok, thank you, I would like the opportunity to comment on such a subject.

Owen Macri

Lightsabre
August 12th, 2005, 11:45 PM
I entered it to read a tech discussion, as I quite like them.
And instead instigated this entire line of discussion. Mine was a statement, "dont hotlink images because", you insisted on debating it, a truly absurd position since you shouldn't hotlink images, and you've been doing so for two whole pages even after I suggested quits and for even longer after the debate between Owen and myself came to a close.

Actually, I simply tried to point out that netiquette is not strictly enforced here. And that continually making reference to it was likely to make people less interested in what you have to say. Jeez.
And you and Owen were having quite the discussion on the 'netiquette' topic before I joined in.

Technically you're both to blame for sending us off topic since the topic was a debate between myself and jaden, no-one's interested in you interlopers.

Ah but not you?? I will say it again. IF you create a thread, I can post on it. IF you want a private convo, use the PM system or email.

YOu are the one who got offended, [/b]
People do that when you tell them to shut up. I'm sick of being civil here while fending off these halfwitted gripes of supposed incensed forumites.
You got your back up way before I lost my temper and tol,d you to shut up.
And since when have you been civil???

jaden10
August 13th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Well people it looks like Sokar plans on holding all the threads hostage unless of course I hand him over 2 papers. I think I am most certainly emailing david, cause I will be damned if I am going to be dictated protocal.

Lord §okar
August 13th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Well people it looks like Sokar plans on holding all the threads hostage
What land do you live in?

Three PhDs
August 13th, 2005, 10:18 AM
So what? apparently you don't understand BBS systems, they have what are called LOGS, they record everything that is done on this system. So I can edit it a million times and the original comment is going to be there right at the top of the comment list.Nope. Not a word of that was actually true. I own and run another forum and have developed code modifications for vBulletin of my own. I can assure you that even in vBulletin 3, the logs you speak of don't exist and mods cannot see any and all changes you make.

Ryuu
August 13th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Jaden, as someone who's studying theoretical physics I am interested in everything that you can tell us about current subspace/hyperspace theories. Could you please give us some information?

_Owen_
August 15th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Jaden, as someone who's studying theoretical physics I am interested in everything that you can tell us about current subspace/hyperspace theories. Could you please give us some information?
Jaden10 has started another thread, if you would like to read the papers he has written you may send him a Private Message requesting the papers and providing your e-mail.

Owen Macri