X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be another Trek series?

After the crapfest that was Enterprise I doubt it

What does everyone else think?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

It failed because of B&B , They can never admit error even when its laughing in there face they are more likely to blaim the fans then themselves.

Season 4 was a vast improvement for Enterprise, Cause atleast it finally had a half decent season with some spectacular episodes like the In a mirror darkly arc,Which was probaily the best mirror universe episodes ever, Having the "TOS" constitution class ship the one that phased out in the "tholian web" lots of unique races the regular universe continuity wouldnt allow such as the "gorn".
    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Some day they may but not anytime soon I dont think.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think there will be another series eventually, but not any time in the next few years.

Networks are all about making money. There are a lot of Star Trek fans out there, myself included. A new Trek series will eventually sell, for that reason. It won't sell immediately... but let a few years go by, introduce a new series, and many Trek fans are likely to give it a shot, at least.
        I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

But where will it be set? they can't have it after picard's days, cos they wrapped up basically all the storylines (romulans, klingons, borg etc.) unless they introduce new crew/bad guys. and as far as i know (never watched it) tied up from enterprise to TOS. Also they've been to the gamma and delta quadrants and established ties/enemies there.

On a side-note, who would be the "guest star" to launch the show, as being ST tradition!??

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

You have to notice that it's Star Trek. There'll always be a new adventure.

Thing is, with Voyager's set timeline, they can't exactly talk about space exploration if they set it any further than the 27th century. At that point, the story would become insanely hard to produce (time travel, anyone?)
            Enter my game site...

Comment

They should have made a series set right after the Dominion War. It was the perfect time period for a new Star Trek, a new age of peace and exploration, returning to the roots of Trek. It would have been like the transition between TOS and TNG, old enemies becoming friends, new frontiers being explored, a better future for humanity.

Comment

Sounds cool to me
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

If I were doing another trek series I´d try and do something that´s very different from what they´ve done so far. All of the series have more or less been the same, a noble crew of federation officers going about and saving the universe and I for one think that this formula is getting extremely worn out.

I posted this idea in another thread but here it is again.

Set maybe a 80-100 years after Voyager, the federation is falling on hard times. A series of incidents have caused a lot of tension to build up between the various member races of the federation and the situation is rapidly heading into either civil war or at least to the collapse of the federation. High ranking humans have started wondering why they are carrying the weight of the other races around (humans seem to comprimise over half of starfleet personal.

The shows main cast would be at the heart of the events that are tearing the federation apart, possibly they are to blame for the whole thing. The high command can´t court marshal them for fear of alienating one faction or another and so puts the ship on sh!t duty. The crew is practically at each others throats, each blaming the other and racial lines are marking the gorunds (possibly a straight humans vs. aliens). Over the course of season one the crew would manage to get it´s own problems in order but would then have to save the federation or pick a side in the civil war.
                  -----------

That´s my idea, it would call for things that have never been done before in star trek series. It should all be planned out in detail and have a plotline that developes from the first episode to the last.

Comment

Since their is no quality Scifi at the moment, I'm sure a new Trek will surface.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                      Since their is no quality Scifi at the moment, I'm sure a new Trek will surface.
                      Ehmm, there´s SG-1, SGA and BSG. All are of way higher quality then Star Trek ever was or ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                        Ehmm, there´s SG-1, SGA and BSG. All are of way higher quality then Star Trek ever was or ever will be.
                        Come on matey, you can say Stargate is popular sort of Scifi, but you wouldn't call it quality Scifi these days. Galactica-haven't seen enough to judge, but what I have seen, it comes across as a bit one note- meaning dull.
                        Trek will always be held in higher regard that Gate ever will. It's a fact of life. Trek has the runs on the board to prove it. Gate is on its last legs.

Comment

Give it 5 or 10 years. Then it will be back
                          sigpic

Comment

i don't think we'd need to wait 5 or 10 years.

i think that for too long, star trek has followed the same basic premise, explore space, seek out new life, boldly going and making peace and stuff like that

for 41 years (or 39 if you don't include The Cage, the original ST pilot made in 1964) its always been about the federation and thanks for Voyager and Enterprise we have learnt 1 very important thing, the federation will last for a very, very long time and wars and time travel won't change that.

i think that Star Trek needs to change, something to give the series a breath of fresh air and i have 2 words, mini series.

instead of doing 20 episodes of a federation starship exploring space, being nice and helping people, why not made 2, two hour movies on a klingon ship, being hard, cold cruel and blowing the **** out of stuff, or some new, random species fighting of a borg invasion or do something with the Enterprise B or Sulu and the Ecelsior

plus, they could go back and do something with DS9, show what happened after Voyager, or turn the games or books into a live action mini series (like Elite Force, the Armada games or William Shatner's The Return books)

sigpic

Comment

I would like to see what happens after the end of DS9 and Voy - a mini-series would be great
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X