This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kull Questions.

Hey everybody, I joined a few weeks ago and I wanted to know if anyone can help me?

I'm in debate between 5,000 Kull warriors and 1,000,000 Trade Federation Battle Droids. At spacebattles.com

Does anyone have any numbers for how much DET and KE the armor can handle?

And how mich KE the Kull can handle?

And how much DET and KE the blasters can dish out?

Also' rate of fire would be nice.

And for comparison does anyone know the DET and KE from a Staff weapon?

Has there ever been any mention of projectile weapons that can pierce the armor besides the trinium dart?

"Fools! Don't you realize yet, you're up against the Perfect weapon?!"-Perfect Cell

"Those wounds look painful...I'm sure this makes them BURN!"-Perfect Cell

I'm sorry, I don't know the specifics, but maybe someone else does. Welcome to the Forum, by the way!

Owen Macri

Comment

Thanks, nice to meet you.

Hope you're right.

"Fools! Don't you realize yet, you're up against the Perfect weapon?!"-Perfect Cell

Comment

Around here, if you are looking for information about Stargate, someone is going to know.

Owen Macri

Comment

On all of my fora.

C+P:
          Kull armor is impervious to all DET; does that mean just small arms what
          That's fully impossible. You are claiming a "no-limits" fallacy. Kull armour has the ability to absorb some energy, not an infinte amount. After it's absorbed it has to be dissapated and since we never see that happen with staff blasts etc, it must happen fairly slowly. If all the battle droids at the front shot it just once the Kull would be vapourized, no ifs, no buts, there's too much energy.

FYI staff blasts have pitiful yield, blaster bolts are capable of blowing enormous chunks out of metal detention walls and a firefight fills the air with vapourized metal. Turn a blaster up to full power and it'd blow right through a Kull.

Furthermore, that the Kulls weapons will even be able to damage the battledroids is arguable since they have even less yield than standard staff blasts.
          Last edited by Lord §okar; 07 August 2005, 08:49 PM.
          Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Four others.

Comment

Well we've seen a Kull survive being hit by a missile (I think), in the ep where the Kull was chasin Sam (I think it was Death's Knell)

Comment

The energy could always be disapated as heat energy, it could be immediatley released, then if all of the droids shot at once, the kull warrior would release incredible amounts of heat in the direction of the droids, so it could backfire. And with the Kull warriors' regeneration powers and possibly heat shields in the armor, or even a forcefield, the Kull would not be significantly damaged by the heat release.

Owen Macri

Comment

The energy could always be disapated as heat energy, it could be immediatley released
                  1) There is evidently no obvious release of energy from the Kull, you can see this plainly with your eyes by looking at it when it's shot by energy weapons.
                  2) Even if there were, no process can possibly be 100% efficient and the kull-armour system will inevitably accrete energy over time.

And with the Kull warriors' regeneration powers and possibly heat shields in the armor, or even a forcefield, the Kull would not be significantly damaged by the heat release.
                  It would be turned into a rapidly expanding cloud of vapour before the second line of droids could even get the chance to fire.

Comment

Lol, you deffinetly have points. I know the Kull armour most likley doesn't do that, I was more offering a suggestion of something that it could do. You are right it can't be 100% efficient but it can be close.

Owen Macri

Comment

The Kulls armour is actually the worst possible design for dumping waste heat; it's shiny meaning the surface is smooth and has a low emissivity, and it's black meaning it has high albedo and will tend to absorb most of the energy directed at it (whose incident angle is small enough so as not to reflect off completely).

The thing is, we don't see any means for it to be able to dispense stored energy at any appreciable rate. It doesn't have emission ports or active cooling systems nor does the air ripple with the immense amount of heat that should be coming off it nor does the surface of the armour glow when a bomb goes off underneath it.

The armour itself doesn't get hot, but it doesn't radiate, either, so it must be thermally superconductive and send all the energy it absorbs to a resevoir, like it's backpack. When the storage device is replete or if energy is added faster than it can be taken away the plastic the armour's made of will easily melt.

Comment

You have a good points there. Perhaps instead the energy could be dissapated as kinetic energy, within the suit the energy could turn motors for no reason at all, or you could connect fans to them to cool down the kull warior. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

within the suit the energy could turn motors for no reason at all,
                          The energy's still within the suit, though, the energy of the suit-kull system hasn't changes. Plus your motors would get hot and burn out very quickly, as would the air around the rotating mass, and you'd get nasty, extremely powerful gyroscopic torque every time the kull tried to turn that might snap its legs in half at the knees and if you had two counterrotating masses they'd break free of their mountings.

or you could connect fans to them to cool down the kull warior. lol.
                          But, as before, the system still hasn't dissapated energy, it's just being shifted around and circulation inside that thing would be quite poor.

Comment

Ok, some more good points, forgive me it is 1:24 in the morning here, and I am tired.

Well what if the energy was routed to the gun, that the Kull warrior has, that little finger thing
                            that could work. Could it not?

Owen Macri

Comment

Well what if the energy was routed to the gun, that the Kull warrior has, that little finger thing
                              that could work. Could it not?

Yes. Though it would mean that the operation of the weapon requires people to shoot it which, admittedly, is hardly significant, but when the storage capacity is almost exhausted it'd have to shoot at nothing for a while.
                              Last edited by Lord §okar; 08 August 2005, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X