Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-Vala thread - For complaints about the character ONLY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many people have not seen that the massive sexual banter is there just to compensate for the highly romantic nature of the cosmic ties.

It is the myth of Tristan & Isolde, which in its turn corresponds to Season 9 exploring Christian middle-ages.

Isolde with a 'tude, that what Vala is.
    No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
    I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
    Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

But then I am one of those strange people who love her!
      What do you mean??? Most of the people like her and they are not strange at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        I don't like her, don't want her dead, just gone. I think too much focus has been put on her character.
        Too much focus? You realise without Vala the Ancient communication device wouldn't have been discovered (and thus neither the Ori) and Season 9 would have been quite flacid

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
          Too much focus? You realise without Vala the Ancient communication device wouldn't have been discovered (and thus neither the Ori) and Season 9 would have been quite flacid
          heheheheh...too true

Comment

I'm also one of those that hope that CB's character of Vala becomes a recurring guest, like Jacob/Selmak, used to be. One of the things that has kept SG-1 "fresh" all these years, is it's ability to laugh at itself, in addition to being serious and taking the moral high ground in many episodes. Vala has been a breath of fresh air and a much needed diversion, with the exit of our beloved RDA and the abscence of the wonderful AT.

CB is a fantastic actress and it is obvious, she has been enjoying the role of Vala, one so unlike Aeryn Sun, and I've been enjoying watching her. Has a little of the dialogue been over the top....yes, but over-all, I like the character and I'd like to continue to see her in the future. As for "ships", only the kind that fly, please.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by acce
              I don't know why they've put her on the show....She is stupid to death... she makes stargate looks stupid and non-serious.... Season 9 would have been good if she was not on the show.....

KILL VALA please!!!!
              I praise the lord that she will never come back.....
              I disagree. She's a very smart character. No one gets away with what she's done and be dumb. Get below the simple surface and there's a lot there.

I love the character and hope that they bring her back more. She could become a very complex and interesting character, but we have to set her up first.

Comment

Long live Vala! An interesting character portrayed by a fantastic actress. If we're fortunate enough to have Claudia back to play her, I hope the writers will be able to add some more layers to Vala.

Comment

Well, add me to the list of people who can't wait to see Vala gone. It's too bad; I was starting to warm up to her in the last couple of eps but TTTB was way too much for me.

What frustrates me the most is I know that she's smart, I know that she's confident, yet it's all ruined when she acts like a child. She's immature, uncaring, impatient, and runs around with a constant cutsie-wootsie "did I do that?" attitude. She has little patience when Daniel was upset that he didn't go to Atlantis, but has no problem trying to seduce him when he's not interested. Worse, she pulls sob stories out of a hat when the seduction fails. This is a woman who plays games to get what she wants. That's unfortunately common practice in high schools, but to see it in a woman of her age is awkward at best.

Running her mouth at the committee hearing, while I'm sure was meant to be funny in a "look at how wild Vala is!" sort of way, was the final straw for me. For such a potentially smart woman she does have a nasty habit of talking before thinking. And if Vala thought out that little speech first, well so much the worse for her.

Comment

Originally posted by VALAasg
                    Long live Vala! An interesting character portrayed by a fantastic actress. If we're fortunate enough to have Claudia back to play her, I hope the writers will be able to add some more layers to Vala.
                    Let's hope for it, I'm going to miss Vala very, very much after "Beachhead", without her SG-1 will be probably boring as hell...
                    As for having Claudia back to play Vala... in an interview for Chicago Tribune (July 9th) Claudia said: "It really depends on if I'm available, and they can get what they want [storywise]. It's a nice position to be in, to be in love with a character you've played, who may live on again, who you want to go back to."

Claudia IS in love with Vala's character. And I'm sure it hurts her very much to read comments written with real hatred. Unfortunately there're many posts of this kind

Comment

I haven't like Vala since her first appearance, but I don't want her to be gone forever. I just don't want her to be a main character. I haven't enjoyed these first shows of the season. I have never been so bored by SG-1!

I think she adds back the spark that is gone now that Jack is gone.

If she shows up once in a while I think it would be fun. The reaction from Landry after her comment to the senator was the best scene this season! I thoroughly enjoyed The Ties That Bind.

Bringing Vala back once in a while, like they did with Maybourne, would be fine.

Comment

I REALLY LIKE Vala. Full stop.
                        I knew SG1 long before I knew Claudia Black and lately I simply found it quite boring. This has changed completely. For the first time in ages I was looking forward to the new season.

A.
                        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          <snip>Carter does not try to make herself seem perfect (even though she is)
                          In the words of Jay Felger "that's just another dimension of her perfection"

I personally would not like to see Carter go and Vala stay
                          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                            I disagree. She's a very smart character. No one gets away with what she's done and be dumb. Get below the simple surface and there's a lot there.

I love the character and hope that they bring her back more. She could become a very complex and interesting character, but we have to set her up first.
                            I totally agree with you. Vala is not dumb. The woman has years, if not decades, of experience as a Gou'ald host. In PU, she managed to hijack the Prometheus filled with USAF crewmen and a team of marines all alone as well as managing to break into the Prometheus' computer system. These are not the feats of an ignorant person.

I think what bothers me the most is that despite knowing all this about the character, that the writers continue to use her simply for sexually charged one-liners and to look pretty in front of the camera.

Spoiler:

Like in The Ties That Bind, when Daniel and Vala are up on the cargo ship. Why didn't they let Vala take control and open the doors instead of having Daniel do it? Vala is a thief, an ex-gou'ald host and obviously knows her way around a cargo ship. So why would the writers have her just sit back and do nothing while Daniel tries to unlock the doors. I mean does Daniel even know how to do this sort of thing? Vala has a lot of potential, but in four episodes the writers still haven't managed to even strip off her first layer.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              I totally agree with you. Vala is not dumb. The woman has years, if not decades, of experience as a Gou'ald host. In PU, she managed to hijack the Prometheus filled with USAF crewmen and a team of marines all alone as well as managing to break into the Prometheus' computer system. These are not the feats of an ignorant person.

I think what bothers me the most is that despite knowing all this about the character, that the writers continue to use her simply for sexually charged one-liners and to look pretty in front of the camera.

Spoiler:

Like in The Ties That Bind, when Daniel and Vala are up on the cargo ship. Why didn't they let Vala take control and open the doors instead of having Daniel do it? Vala is a thief, an ex-gou'ald host and obviously knows her way around a cargo ship. So why would the writers have her just sit back and do nothing while Daniel tries to unlock the doors. I mean does Daniel even know how to do this sort of thing? Vala has a lot of potential, but in four episodes the writers still haven't managed to even strip off her first layer.

Kat
                              Yep. Vala is WAAAAY smarter than they've allowed her to behave, and it's a shame. We only have two more eps with her, and I don't think that's enough for them to make us see how intelligent, deep and thoughtful she really can be. You're right Kat. I have no idea why they didn't have her take care of that. They've portrayed her as more of a distraction and a hindrance to Daniel (forcefully playing up the sexual tension between them), when she's perfectly capable of taking care of a situation.

While I don't think I'd like it if Vala became a main character, I like the idea of seeing her again later on. She annoys the CRAP outta me sometimes, but her character adds a spunkiness to the show that hasn't been there before - partially because it wasn't ever really needed.

Rather than kill her off, it'd be nice to think that she walks away from the SGC with a respect for and from Teal'c and Mitchell, and a handle on her feelings for Daniel... whatever the heck those are.

I'd like to see her again some time after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                                In the words of Jay Felger "that's just another dimension of her perfection"
                                Point taken
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X