Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-Vala thread - For complaints about the character ONLY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers

Spoiler:
    from what i heard it will seem she is dead - but the book is open for her to return - hope she does.
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 08 August 2005, 02:49 AM.
    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Well, she's not all bad - just insufferably annoying. I swear - it's turning into the Micheal Shanks Show starring Micheal Shanks and Claudia Black and guest starring all those other people from S1-7 and a half. But, y'know, she's goofy - corrupting - annoying...eh. that's S9.
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Lets just say, I can't wait until Carter comes back(two more weeks). To say you would like to see Vala "killed off", is a bit harsh, don't you think? I actually would not mind her, in smaller increments and I am looking forward to her and Carter interacting.

Comment

i love vala, without here S9 would of been a bore, even without the leather shes a great character and i hope they do loads more, the universe is out there and she has more contacts than any of us, sure they hate her, but she still knows the backwaters like anything, she introduced us to loadsa ppl who we might trade with later and shes a breath of fresh air that only characters like her, and dare is say it tealc and ronan give to a show, without them its just a team going through the gate, saving the world and getting mushy when someone ascends/dies/get injured.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            i love vala, without here S9 would of been a bore, even without the leather shes a great character and i hope they do loads more, the universe is out there and she has more contacts than any of us, sure they hate her, but she still knows the backwaters like anything, she introduced us to loadsa ppl who we might trade with later and shes a breath of fresh air that only characters like her, and dare is say it tealc and ronan give to a show, without them its just a team going through the gate, saving the world and getting mushy when someone ascends/dies/get injured.
            Shes also made the Lucian Alliance our enemies Who needs the backwaters when you have a fleet of deadalus class ships - just blast anyone who stands in our way
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

If Vala goes I go.

Do you hear that, TBTP ?

Where is the smiley for "ominous threat"?

No kidding, at last a woman character with a life, an actress with a presence and great dialogues. Let's get Carter stuck in some desertic marsh planet, where she will "carry on test" hectically every day and night on every stone, and kill every caterpillar frantically with newly invented deadly alien weapons of hers.

In the meanwhile I'm a volunteer for dinner with Vala :-) ... Carter would just ruin my appetite with her technobabble and perfect carreer and perfect Dad and perfect uniform...
              No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
              I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
              Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
                If Vala goes I go.
                Goodbye then and Carter does not try to make herself seem perfect (even though she is)
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Shes also made the Lucian Alliance our enemies Who needs the backwaters when you have a fleet of deadalus class ships - just blast anyone who stands in our way
                  id quote vala if i could remember what she said to the senetor. *imagine it*
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

well they said Claudia has a busy schedule but if she wants to come back, the door's always open.

Personally, I don't know why people hate her. Seriously, she's a wonderful comic relief like McKay (sometimes, he's just an arrogant prick though) and also it is Season 9.. 9 years of a Stargate program and lots of alien technology. I understand why the appropriations committee would want to cut the budget.... but what Vala said was right... and also a fleet of Daedalus class ships won't stand a fighting chance against the Orii whereas against the Lucien Alliance, it may.

Vala may be a bit stupid but Claudia's a great actor and I'd love to see her again on Stargate as a recurring actor if not stay on SG-1. Seriously though, some people are just too harsh on her... it's only been five episodes. Sheesh. and she's better now I think... in Prometheus Unbound, she was really stupid but after Avalon, I thought she wasn't as dumb as before and now in the Ties that Bind, after she broke Daniel's glasses, she starts behaving a tad bit... except towards the senator... lol
                    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Then we will just have to use....Magnets
                      love Torri

Comment

Here you go:

Vala: Well it's all just so amusing, isn't it? I mean, only an idiot would assume that this backdoor of a planet would be safe because you have a few ships with decent shield technology. You don't look like an idiot to me. so I have to assume that the reason why you would want to build more ships is: like other men, you like big machines with big engines that fire big missiles because you have a deep sea of need to overcompensate for your own shortcomings.
                        Senator: Excuse Me.
                        Vala: See she knows what I mean.
                        Daniel: I think a good recess is in order.
                        Vala: I'm done here, anyway.
                        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I'd like Vala's character if she dressed decently, and wasn't quite as sexually suggestive. She's funny at times, gives a new dimension to the show and to Daniel. I'd miss her fresh youthful infusion to the show if she was gone, but would be happy to see her “needed” sex appeal gone. Besides, I miss Sam.
                          Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                          1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                          2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                          3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            I just knew that would happen lol

Anyway from the spoilers I think they are gonna kill her off so everyones happy (apart from those strange people who like vala)
                            Who you callin' strange?

I actually hope they don't kill her off, but let her travel to another planet or something for a bit...then bring her back from time to time. But then I am one of those strange people who love her!

Yes it is a shame that she doesn't have ANY scenes with O'Neill...that would be most fun to watch! LOL

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
                            I'd like Vala's character if she dressed decently, and wasn't quite as sexually suggestive. She's funny at times, gives a new dimension to the show and to Daniel. I'd miss her fresh youthful infusion to the show if she was gone, but would be happy to see her “needed” sex appeal gone. Besides, I miss Sam.
                            If they got rid of all the things you dislike, it wouldn't be Vala. It's part of WHO she is. That's like saying, I'd like Carter if they'd put her in sexy dresses more and make her less smart. It wouldn't be Carter anymore. Or, make O'Neill less sarcastic, or Daniel less of a historian, or Teal'C less of a Jaffa fighting to free his people and get them a decent gov't. They would all be totally different characters.

Vala is sexy, regardless of WHAT she's wearing, that's part of who she is. She's the kid that says what everyone else is thinking...she's just not learned that she really shouldn't be saying it. That's why it's funny, at least to me.

You know, for me the measure of how talented an actor is, are the passionate responses (both positive and negative) to any given character the actor portrays. I'd say that by the reactions here, that Claudia is awesome! But I've kinda always known that. LOL
                            Last edited by SunKrux; 07 August 2005, 03:36 PM.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I love Vala.

I can understand why some people feel that for now SG-1 it's a little bit of the Daniel/Vala show, but I'm sure that will all change once Carter returns and Vala exits (unfortunately). Personally, I LOVE the interaction between Daniel and Varla. She brings out a side of him that I have not seen EVER in Daniel Jackson. Usually, he's polite, diplomatic, tries to see the good in everyone, is forgiving, but boy oh boy, does she push his buttons. I really enjoy the banter between them, and although there are posters who seem to hate any kind of romance or shipping in Stargate (it's not a monastery, people), I would like to see something develop between these two, even if it's only one scene.

Right now, with RDA gone from the show, and with Amanda Tapping on temporary leave, it falls to the remaining cast members to pick up the slack. I've read on numerous sites and in interviews that both Chris Judge and Ben Browder don't like to have too much dialogue on-screen (they seem to like action scenes better), then ultimately, it will fall to Michael Shanks aka Daniel Jackson as well as newcomer (albeit temporarily), Claudia Black to fill up the scenes.

I'm going to miss her.

Comment

I really, really love Vala. She's sexy, and funny, and she's just the sort of character that Stargate has really always lacked: the character who says what she thinks, but never what she actually means.

-IMF
                                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X