This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Wraith Eat Ori and Ancients?

If I understand it correctly, when you ascend, you have no physical existance and become pure energy. And it seems as though , when Wraith feed, they drain the energy out of their victim and leave the physical husk. Since the part of humans that the Wraith actually eat is the same part that you keep when you ascend, is it possible that Wraith can eat ascended beings? It would be kind of neat if they ended up helping to wipe out the Ori.
    Last edited by Liam Kincaid; 07 August 2005, 03:01 AM. Reason: typo

Well, there's an actual biological aspect to the Wraith's feeding process. We know that start by injecting enzymes into the victim. As ascended beings lack a body which could be injected into, let alone touched, I doubt that they would be a possible meal.

Not to mention the way ascended beings can wipe hive ships from existence with simply a thought.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
      Well, there's an actual biological aspect to the Wraith's feeding process. We know that start by injecting enzymes into the victim. As ascended beings lack a body which could be injected into, let alone touched, I doubt that they would be a possible meal.

Not to mention the way ascended beings can wipe hive ships from existence with simply a thought.
      Correctly said!

Wraith can only feed on Pre-ascended Ancients, since most Ancients are now ascended, and the Ori are ascended beings too, I doubt that the Wraith can feed on the Ancients and the Ori.
      Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
      WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

That lone wraith in "THE DEFIANT ONE" feed on ancients, but i dunno about
        ascended ancients. I guess a lot wraith feed on ancients during the war.

Maybe when a wraith evolve into a enegry being similar to the one SGA team
        encounter "Hide and Seek" can a wraith feed on ascended ancients.
        Last edited by EyeStrain; 07 August 2005, 03:56 AM.

Comment

I was just thinking, you know how the Hive Ships act as a carrier ship of darts and has humans in stasis, and we now know that when they get beamed (or scooped), and get rematerialized that they are temporarily paralyzed.

We have seen humans in little alcoves on board the Hive Ships, in "stasis", now what if, they are in a state of constant paralysis? Now, since the Wraith have been hibernating, not all the humans or Ancients stored have been fed upon, and no doubt the Wraith have captured many Ancients during many cullings through thousands of years, surely there must be many Ancients still in constant paralysis, in those "alcoves", not yet fed upon.

As they act as emergency food, despite the fact that too many Wraith is awakened and not enough food is going around.

So in a big showdown, it could be possible to obtain an Hive ship, release the Ancients as well as other humans and over time they will slowly regain motor control and all. Could it be possible or am I suffering from another case of "wishful thinking"?

Over time, they will regain motor control and all.
          Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
          WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

They cannot feed on ascended beings - even if they could these beings would kill them before they could
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter

How about while the Ori are possessing somebody ( like the Doci for example)? Can the Wraith eat them then?

Comment

They can drain the lifeforce out of the host but the Ori would just leave the body
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

The Doci and Priors will probably "Vader choke" the Wraith or use telekinesis to throw them against the wall. Or... set them on fire. LOL!
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

wow you guys are really thinking deep about this! that's so awesome! but i agree, the wraith seem to need the physical body to be able to "suck" the engery out...
                    WA: Wraith Anonymous!
                    and
                    See if you can spot the elusive Dissie
                    and
                    FA: Furlings Anonymous!

Comment

It seems like when the wraith feed they feed on the energy source in the bodys cells. Ancients lack bodies and mitochondria. They are pure unadulterated energy. The real question is, could we power atlantis with an ancient!
                      Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                      Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                      Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                      Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious
                        The real question is, could we power atlantis with an ancient!
                        "Hide and Seek" containment device able to capture enegry being. Once a
                        ascended is capture, just plug the wires to shield generator and it will
                        last maybe weeks, years or more.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
                          "Hide and Seek" containment device able to capture enegry being. Once a
                          ascended is capture, just plug the wires to shield generator and it will
                          last maybe weeks, years or more.

If we used an Ori to power it, would that make the city turn evil?

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid
                            If we used an Ori to power it, would that make the city turn evil?
                            Yes, lol.
                            Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                            Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                            Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                            Vicious

Comment

Speaking of Ori, since they are out to convert all humans to their religion (since they were humans once), would wraith be human enough to the Ori to be worth converting? Ori dosn't seem to mind Jaff, then again, Jaff is a lot more similar to human then a wraith is to a human.

Comment

Working...
                              X