This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genii Weapons

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone else notice that the genii pistol is the same as the pistols used by the coalition in the outer limits?

I know both shows are filmed in Vancouver, so I'd assume it's just the prop department lending a hand every so often when they need new weapons.

I'v also noticed stargate things on outer limits, such as one episode of outer limits, the gate room was used for a power room, another room was used for holding a prisoner that was used in SG-1 the room where they kept reece, or they do the mdeical experiments.

Really? Thanks for pointing that out i'll have to go by some outter limits episodes and check it out.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

most of the prop budgets are tight depending on the show, reusability allows them to stay under budget and have fans notice cool little nuances.
      Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
      Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
      Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
      Vicious

Comment

I also noticed that the gun Ronon used on his planet against the Wraith, wasor looked just like a genii gun. Is possible that his planets was formally part of the genii coalition or alliance that spanned several planets,like the genii mentioned when sga first met them? Both are among the most advanced encountered thus far in the pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnarg
          I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone else notice that the genii pistol is the same as the pistols used by the coalition in the outer limits?

I know both shows are filmed in Vancouver, so I'd assume it's just the prop department lending a hand every so often when they need new weapons.
          If you'll also notice in SG-1 season six "Memento", the locals had the exact same weapons. I don't recall seeing the tribarrel gun, but the pistol and the submachine gun are both the same.

Bit of trivia - the Genii pistols appear to be based on the Colt m1911 .45, with that huge barrel jacket/slide

Comment

The show Sliders also used the Genii pistol in the second season episode El Sid. It's like episode 14 or 15, 14 if you watch it on netflix . I'm not 100% sure it's the same gun but it looks pretty close.

Comment

Working...
            X