This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The picture by Rodney's bed...

I tried to rewind and look at the picture but I couldn't tell for certain....was that a picture of his cat?

Originally posted by SophieTucker
    I tried to rewind and look at the picture but I couldn't tell for certain....was that a picture of his cat?
    I don't remember a cat... okay, I just looked. I can see how it would look like a cat to you(down on the right corner) but to me, the whole picture looked like a harp. I know a harp seems odd, but he used to be an aspiring pianist. He also had a bunch of his degrees on the wall, along with a picture of himself ( I'm assuming) holding a degree or award of some kind. Kind of funny actually, it shows how he can be too self-occupied, I mean the degrees or diplomas were plastered everywhere
    Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
    1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
    2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
    3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

I think it WAS a cat, but his cat in the pilot ep was a short-hair and the one in the pic looked long-haired. Maybe a past cat? Or someone in continuity messed up.

Or maybe he had his cat shaved. Except I don't think the coloring was right.

Comment

It is definately a cat. A fluffy cat too hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
          I don't remember a cat... okay, I just looked. I can see how it would look like a cat to you(down on the right corner) but to me, the whole picture looked like a harp. I know a harp seems odd, but he used to be an aspiring pianist. He also had a bunch of his degrees on the wall, along with a picture of himself ( I'm assuming) holding a degree or award of some kind. Kind of funny actually, it shows how he can be too self-occupied, I mean the degrees or diplomas were plastered everywhere
          Oops! I didn't read the title of your post thoroughly enough, Sorry. I looked at it... again, and the pic I was typing about is in his room when he walks in but not the one by his bed. It's on the wall along with all his diplomas. I'd say the picture by the bed is definitely a cat too. The picture on the wall looks like it has a cat in the bottom right portion but it could also be a harp. Who knows, McKay's a bit weird
          1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.

Comment

Just double checked, and that is definitely a cat in the picture. As well, Lt. Cadman has a pic of a dog in a little "best friends" frame next to her bed. So she's a dog person trapped in a cat person's head?

a time to mourn

Comment

So what was the picture on his wall to the upper left of the one of him holding his diploma? Is that the 'harp' you were talking about? It looks like part of the space shuttle to me....

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                So what was the picture on his wall to the upper left of the one of him holding his diploma? Is that the 'harp' you were talking about? It looks like part of the space shuttle to me....
                I thought that too, and a fan over at SGAHC confirmed that it indeed the space shuttle arm as she's got that exact photo.

The cat photo: definitely a different cat, looked like a white Persian. In "Rising," he had a short-haired tabby as I recall, so, it's either a favorite cat or else he's cheated on the tabby (most likely, the set dressers were told to put in a picture of a cat but weren't given details).

My favorite shot is the photo of himself with some awards or whatever in his hands.

Comment

Yup it is the Canada Arm. When I saw that it made me think that they were trying to set up a background for Rodney in Canada's Space Agency.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    My favorite shot is the photo of himself with some awards or whatever in his hands.
                    Ahahaha! Mine too. That one gave me quite a laugh. *shakes her head* Oh McKay....

This is the world we live in. These are the hands we're given. Use them and let's start trying, to make this a world worth living in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                      Jeez, I don't know, I thought it looked kind of like a harp I hope it's just my weird tv and not just weird me My username means crazy you know.
                      1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
                        Jeez, I don't know, I thought it looked kind of like a harp I hope it's just my weird tv and not just weird me My username means crazy you know.
                        Yeah, a realy cool outer space harp! Lol. So I guess it is part of the shuttle (grr, Discovery didn't land today), but I wonder it we'll be hearing more of it in later storylines. You would have thought that if Rodney had been part of the CSA he surely would have bragged about it during that whole satellite scene in Siege I. *shrug*

Comment

Working...
                        X