This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori armies

If the Ori really are the same race as the Ancients that means well get to see ships as Advanced as Ancients or better and what there ground wepons are. Ideas?

Their ground weapons are, the phycic abilitys, probably the ability to blow your head up by just thinking it, we don't rightly know yet, and the technology, definately, it stand to reason they should hav technology more advanced if they have people working for them and stuck around unlike the Ancients that left about 10,000 years ago technology wise..

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

The humans have a serious task ahead of them.At least when the Priors and Possibly Doci show up.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Most likely the armies of the Ori, will mostly be made up of regular humans, who will likely be fanatical in their faith in the Ori. They will have very advanced ships and weaponry (although the people themselves probably won't know how they work, seeing as up till now they've been kept in a medieval type existence.) of Ancient design. (Since, the Ori ARE basically Ancients) The commanders of those armies and fleets will be Priors, and perhaps a few Doci's as well. The regular Ori army trooper won't have any special abilities, and the Priors will most likely be able to be killed... just a little harder. Same goes for the Doci. They won't be able to explode your brain by thinking about it though... but they probably could kill you lots of other ways. They could do the "Vader" choke, or slam you against a wall (like in Origin). However, only the Priors and Doci, high level commanders will be doing anything like that. As I said, the rest will just be regular old human, cannon fodder. Their ships and weapons will be awesome, but the people using them (with those few exceptions) won't be any thing special.
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I imagine the Orii and the Ancients do not want a direct conflict. The Orii will educate the Priors on weapon system technology. Because the Priors accept the education out of free will, the Orii can use extraordinary means to educate them. However, if the Orii directly provide the weapon systems themselves, I wonder if that would constitute interference in the 'human plane'.

Without such constraints, the Orii could build thousands of warships that could not possibly be stopped by anything in the Milky Way. With the build it themselves constraint, there is at least the constraint of time and resources. Other than direct interference by the Orii that violates free will, would anything else induce some kind of support for the folk in the Milky Way from the ancients in the form of guidance/advice, technology, or dating services.

As this whole conflict seems to be a battle for the willful choices of the humans, too much military weaponry would distract from the goals and exhaust the production budgets from CGI costs.

Despite all said above, the Earth humans have benefited and continue to do so from acquiring Ancient technologies. I expect that point will be made sometime.

Cheers,

Eirik

Comment

I am sure some ancient like Orlin would not just stand by and let us get our ass kicked.

i can''t wait to see there ships i would love to see it in action against the asgard.
            i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

They stood by and let it happen once don't see why they'd bother this time unless the Orii got directly involved. I think the Orii are smart enough to know that if they just send common ppl to war with weapons they can't use they'll get slaughtered. I think all their warriors will be highly trained will super advanced weapons.

Comment

I don't think the ori would care if a lot of the people they send would get killed, as long as the ultimate goal is reached.

Comment

Working...
                X