This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld/fans episode ratings

I noticed that "Runner" got a better fan rating than "Origin" while in the fan polls it was the contrary...

I find it unfair that Atlantis gets 5 polls choices when SG-1 only gets 4... especially when you can't give Atlantis a "0" note and when SG-1 second choice is only "7" and not "8" like Atlantis.
    It fakes all the results...

(Finally, I'm very surprised Origin only got 3 stars... what a lack of judgment. j/k )
    Last edited by Osiris; 06 August 2005, 04:05 AM.

Which rankings are you talking about?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Fan and gateworld ratings as mentionned above.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/ratings.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
        I find it unfair that Atlantis gets 5 polls choices when SG-1 only gets 4... especially when you can't give Atlantis a "0" note and when SG-1 second choice is only "7" and not "8" like Atlantis.
        It fakes all the results...
        We've used 4-option polls for SG-1 for years, and when Atlantis started we decided to go to 5-option polls for that shows. We'd rather keep new SG-1 fan poll results comparable (1:1) to previous SG-1 episodes.

But if someone once to run the mathematical comparisons for me and demonstrate that taking SG-1 to five options won't skew the results significantly over the 4-option polls, then we'll make the change. This is how they're calculated:

10 x Outstanding = A
        7 x Good show = B
        4 x Disappointing = C
        0 x A real stinker = D
        A+B+C+D / total votes = Fan Rating

10 x Outstanding = V
        8 x Good = W
        6 x Fair = X
        4 x Poor = Y
        2 x Terrible = Z
        V+W+X+Y+Z / total votes = Fan Rating

Originally posted by Osiris
        (Finally, I'm very surprised Origin only got 3 stars... what a lack of judgment. j/k )
        Short answer: Thhbbbbbbt.

Long answer: I loved the episode, but it's largely exposition. It's hard to get past three stars with me with just exposition, no matter how much it busts out the Stargate universe in an ultra-cool way.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          Short answer: Thhbbbbbbt.
          And that means?
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Thanks for answering Darren!

But you didn't repsond about the final fan rating.

Origin:
            Outstanding 2717 ... 53.12 %
            Good show 1694 ..... 33.12 %
            Disappointing 551 .... 10.77 %
            A real stinker 153 .... 2.99 %
            TOTAL 5115 ........... 100.00 %

Runner:
            5 (Outstanding) 1674 ... 44 %
            4 (Good) 1561 ............. 41 %
            3 (Fair) 444 ................ 12 %
            2 (Poor) 81 ................. 2 %
            1 (Terrible) 45 ............. 1 %
            TOTAL 3805 ................ 100%

Origin had 53% of "outstanding" when "Runner" only had 44%... even if you had the "good" results, that makes 86% for SG-1 and 55% for Atlantis.
            So why "Runner" finally got a 8,49 fan ratings while "Origin" only got 8,07?!

I remember "Avalon Part 1" was less appreciated in the poll than "Origin" and they got the same fan ratings... I'm just confused.
            Last edited by Osiris; 08 August 2005, 03:10 AM.

Comment

All these numbers are confusing me
              love Torri

Comment

Osiris, spreading the votes over five options instead of four will result in just this sort of thing. You can't judge one poll's "Outstanding" versus another in a one-to-one comparison, nor can you combine "Outstanding" and "Good" and compare them to the other poll's "Outstanding."

There is no one-to-one correlation between a 4-option poll and a 5-option poll.

This is why SG-1 is still using 4-option polls. It makes it less helpful to compare SG-1 fan ratings to Atlantis fan ratings, but more helpful to be able to compare SG-1 to past SG-1. We deemed this consistency to be more important.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Haha thank you for replying again.

I was just being annoying because I wanted "Origin" to have a better rating... sorry. LOL

It's still unfair though!

Comment

Does anybody know how to do the mathematical computations that Darren suggested?
                    love Torri

Comment

Working...
                    X