This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something of interest

I know it doesn't belong in this thread, but most of the people that I know who would appreciate this willl be in this section (I may be wrong).

This link is to a HiDef.WMV (Windows Media Video) of Shuttle Discovery's launch.

The file is 1.29 Gigs in size and will take about 40 minutes to download ****IF**** you have broadband, 23-27 hours if you have dialup.
    You will need hardware that is considerable, but if you a video card that is with in a year old a CPU that is 1.8 Ghz or faster, WMP 10 and at least 1.6 gigs of HD space you can deal with it (it's looks good on both CRT and LCD, but LCD is the best)

Don't just click on it, right click on it and select 'Save target as....".
    http://edn.redswoosh.net/@c=161&v=1&..._Discovery.wmv

Lol, I want to see it but, 1.29 gigs, my computer is allready messed up.

I will save the link and maybe get it tommorow, but thank you very much. I missed the launch when it was on t.v.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      Lol, I want to see it but, 1.29 gigs, my computer is allready messed up.

I will save the link and maybe get it tommorow, but thank you very much. I missed the launch when it was on t.v.

Owen Macri

nice link, you do need a fast connection like T1 or T3 to download it without getting angry for it taking so long.

I have a home made movie of a shuttle lauch. I made it in french guyana at le base spatial.

Comment

You guys must have slow Cable connections for you to suggest a T1 or T3. I have roadrunner and it was done in about 38-40 minutes (it jumped back and forth a bit).

Refresh my memory, when did any of the Shuttle launch from French Guyana?

Comment

... I don't know about you, but I saw it on TV

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Oh, I missed it, so I will probably end up downloading it. How long is it?

Owen Macri

Comment

Cool thread. If my internet connection didn't suck so badly at the minute I'd download it.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

You could always just start it downloading and then leave your computer alone with almost nothing running in the background, it won't really speed up the download but you will forget it is even there.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                  You could always just start it downloading and then leave your computer alone with almost nothing running in the background, it won't really speed up the download but you will forget it is even there.

Owen Macri
                  Yeah but I'd have to be somewhere else or I'd use the computer and notice how slow it was. Might SSH in from work on Monday though. At least that way... hey no wait a minute... my work has freakishly fast access. Downloading it from work it is!

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Lol, I want freakishly fast acces, even though my cable internet is incredibly fast already.

Owen Macri

Comment

I have T3, It downloads things so fast that i'm not cursing at my internet connection, i'm usually cursing at the hosts for having a slow connection.

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10
                        You guys must have slow Cable connections for you to suggest a T1 or T3. I have roadrunner and it was done in about 38-40 minutes (it jumped back and forth a bit).

Any of which ?

Comment

Originally posted by nicedog
                          I have T3, It downloads things so fast that i'm not cursing at my internet connection, i'm usually cursing at the hosts for having a slow connection.
                          Oh, yes, but it is also more expensive than others.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10
                            I believe the French/European Union launch their satellites out of French Guyana. The closer to the equator you launch from the less fuel you burn getting into geosynch, or something of that nature. I think the rockets are Ariane-5s, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

I know where the ESA launches from, but the comment that I made was in referance to someone saying that they either at one time launched the shuttle from there or they are launching from there, either way I don't remember NASA doing that ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X