X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you wonder

or maybe you don't.

But if Atlantis is a city - during their exploring did they find stores or shopping areas?

Do they have laundry mats? Where do people wash their clothes? Speaking of clothes - where'd they get the "real people" clothes they were wearing in tonights ep (maybe the ones that came back on Prometheus got to bring more)

Did they bring all their furniture with them - how else did Rodney get a special order mattress? They didn't look like they carried that much with them through the gate.

Do they watch movies - Shep watched a taped football game so do they have a dvd collection? And where did the tv come from? Surely they need some "entertainment"

I wonder if Atlantis has a "swimming pool"

I asked Joe this but no answer - if the furniture was left by the ancients - why were there only single beds? No families in Atlantis?

anyway....

Well, I do wonder about some things but over all, most of what we see we can explain. We haven't seen shops and stuff maybe because there's just not much reason to show them or maybe the Ancients did away with all that. The beds are definitely Ancient and I don't think they're really single beds, it looked to me like there were some double beds (I seem to remember some Athosians on them at one point). Some of the stuff, like bed covers are Athosian made and others stuff they brought from Earth, but there isn't much of that though.
    The 'TV' is really an Ancient screen thing and the football game John was watching was the one he'd brought as his 'one personal item'. I doubt they have a DVD collection... not essential and it would take up valuable space...I imagine some people may have brought some movies along but not a collection. It's possible Daedalus brought them some later though...
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by SophieTucker
      or maybe you don't.

But if Atlantis is a city - during their exploring did they find stores or shopping areas?
      Presumbaly Atlantis, once powered by a ZPM can supply simple needs, like clothing, all we'd have to do is input some specifications.

Do they have laundry mats? Where do people wash their clothes? Speaking of clothes - where'd they get the "real people" clothes they were wearing in tonights ep (maybe the ones that came back on Prometheus got to bring more)
      Well, it's likely we'd send experts in many fields with the reinforcements. Besides, there's no shortage of water on Atlantis, so laundry isn't really a concern. Besides, it's highly likely the Daedelus brought many dry goods to Atlantis.

Did they bring all their furniture with them - how else did Rodney get a special order mattress? They didn't look like they carried that much with them through the gate.
      Again, along with reinforcements, the Daedelus presumably brought many necessities to Atlantis. Not only food stores, but other necessities and some creature comforts. The Asgard could have provided us a way to transport much material via transporter buffers.

Do they watch movies - Shep watched a taped football game so do they have a dvd collection? And where did the tv come from? Surely they need some "entertainment"
      Once it was determined Atlantis could house millions, they probably decided to send as many creature comforts (entertainment) as they could.

I wonder if Atlantis has a "swimming pool"
      You can count on it! Atlantis is a rich, wondorous playground.

I asked Joe this but no answer - if the furniture was left by the ancients - why were there only single beds? No families in Atlantis?
      We'll have to wait to see how this all plays out (all of this is up to TPTB, naturally, including JM), but it's not out of the realm of possibility the Daedelus brought some of these things, and will continue to do so. But chances are the original expedition only sought out the most necessary accomodations in the beginning. Of course they are only moderate priority, but certain things would only help our forces in the Pegasus Galaxy to properly relax and focus their energies.

anyway....
      Yeah, it's just speculation and fantasy, so at this point, anything goes.

Good post, SophieTucker!
      Last edited by Quartz; 05 August 2005, 09:25 PM.

Comment

i know i thought about the same things like how come we never see like the malls, libraries etc like a real city would have, or maybe 10,000 years ago they didn;t have all that. But it's weird when you think of your own city and compare it to Atlantis. This is funk but i wonder if they ever go swimming in the ocean around atlantis.

Comment

I've always wondered why there were no shops, markets, or entertainment on atlantis so far. What the hell did the ancients do for recreation?

Comment

They made the stargate system, spread life in the Milky way galaxy, created super advanced cloak and "defence" systems and created a whole city full of they're super advanced technology...
            I doubt they would have had time to go to the librarys like we do or things like that with all they're off-world exploring, fighting the wraith, and such.
            Maybe they did have these things, but they had them all randomly set up around the city and shut them down before they left for Earth? ever wonder what those big empty rooms were used for (If there are any that is...) And no, i didn't read the previous posts. Sorry if this contradicts anything already said.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I doubt they would have had time to go to the librarys like we do or things like that with all they're off-world exploring, fighting the wraith, and such.
              The Ancient database is probably the Atlanntian version of a public library. Afterall it doesn't contain all the information in the city. Labs (and probably other important locations) have there own computers unconnected to the database. Like the viral lab in "Hotzone" which wasn't hooked up to the city database. The database contains their knowledge but not their specific designs/plans
              Maybe they did have these things, but they had them all randomly set up around the city and shut them down before they left for Earth?
              Yeah the war with the wraith lasted over a hundred years. Ancients were never that numerous in the first place and as the war went on their numbers probably dwindled further. As Atlantis' population shrank they probably closed down sections of the city to conserve power. Parts of Atlantis could have been abandoned long before they even left for Earth
              sigpic

Comment

The Ancient database is probably the Atlanntian version of a public library.
                Agreed

As Atlantis' population shrank they probably closed down sections of the city to conserve power. Parts of Atlantis could have been abandoned long before they even left for Earth
                I doubt the ancients would have closed down sections of the city to conserve power, Their the Ancients, if they had a power problem they would have just farted a new ZPM.

I think the ancients children ran around scaring the primitive culture's that their parents made with their fancy tech as the primitive cultures didnt understand what tech was and was scared by what their tech did.

just imagine a man and a woman from a 1000yrs ago being brought forward in time to this day. They'd be scared sh**less of everything like cars, skyscrapers, planes etc. ect..lol
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

so the Ancients seeded live in the Peguse Galaxy right so does that mean there is a devise in pegisus like on Dakara and if so would they be able to fix it to kill all the Wraith
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                    so the Ancients seeded live in the Peguse Galaxy right so does that mean there is a devise in pegisus like on Dakara and if so would they be able to fix it to kill all the Wraith
                    I think so but Pegasus' Dakara IS Atlantis

Of course if the "weapon" is still active, and can be powered by 1 ZPM, and the wraith can be singled out by it then they could use it but I doubt. However SG:A defeat the wraith it'll probably be something that no ones thought of yet
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                      I doubt the ancients would have closed down sections of the city to conserve power, Their the Ancients, if they had a power problem they would have just farted a new ZPM.
                      If it was that easy to make new ZPMs they'd probably have left some in Atlantis before leaving (or after they knew when we would come back...
                      It's not like they can be refueled or anything. Seeing how they entrusted some humans to keep one in a secret place it is not something they can mass produce.
                      Else Rodney would have figured out how to make one
                      Besides, the whole ZPM thing makes me not like the ancients much as ecological and respectful of nature... in fact they share much with us.

Hmm I should go to sleep, hopefully I'll dream up with the solution for a new clean energy source... </dream>

(clueless signature picture)
                      Yes my IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, but I use Opera under BeOS, so no you messed up, and no you didn't infect me since I'm immune to wraith virii.
                      Wonder why the other governments has let the US chose Bill Gate's thing to control the Dedalus... no wonder it got infected.

Comment

Besides, the whole ZPM thing makes me not like the ancients much as ecological and respectful of nature... in fact they share much with us.
                        Huh?
                        Are you saying you think the ancients are polluting or not?
                        ZPMs seem to be very nature friendly though - not radiation or harmful by products, and they draw on a infinite power source. Of course their construction could be very harmful
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mmu_man
                          If it was that easy to make new ZPMs they'd probably have left some in Atlantis before leaving (or after they knew when we would come back...
                          It's not like they can be refueled or anything. Seeing how they entrusted some humans to keep one in a secret place it is not something they can mass produce.
                          Else Rodney would have figured out how to make one

Hmm I should go to sleep, hopefully I'll dream up with the solution for a new clean energy source... </dream>
                          If the ancients were able to seed life in galaxies im sure they can make a ZPM no problem. But if they let spares around it would give us no story as we would just raise the shield when the wraith attacked. I doubt rodney or sam could make a zpm, its to far beyond their comprehension of science.

Yes my IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, but I use Opera under BeOS, so no you messed up, and no you didn't infect me since I'm immune to wraith virii.
                          Wonder why the other governments has let the US chose Bill Gate's thing to control the Dedalus... no wonder it got infected.
                          Aha you only think i messed up. The wraith virus can infect anything. But it wont infect microsoft windows based pc's because...well...it feels sorry for the users already having to put up with the trillions of bugs in windows ,
                          and if the sign got your info wrong you should contact danasoft @ danasoft.com and tell them rudely that their sign got your info wrong(its ment to be able to tell anyones OS,browser and IP)
                          or.............................
                          Spoiler:
                          its the wraith virus messing with your head .

Comment

If the ancients were able to seed life in galaxies im sure they can make a ZPM no problem. But if they let spares around it would give us no story as we would just raise the shield when the wraith attacked. I doubt rodney or sam could make a zpm, its to far beyond their comprehension of science.
                            I still have doubts about that.

and if the sign got your info wrong you should contact danasoft @ danasoft.com and tell them rudely that their sign got your info wrong(its ment to be able to tell anyones OS,browser and IP)
                            Well it's quite easy to find out:
                            User-Agent: Mozilla/4.73 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; BeOS R5.0.4;I) Opera 3.62 [en]

Comment

Originally posted by mmu_man
                              I still have doubts about that.
                              Ok the ancients moved to pegasus several million years ago, the must have run out of power sometime before they were at war with the wraith-and walla they made new ZPM's.
                              During the 100yr war the ancients were under constant bombardment from wraith hive ships for a number of yrs, so if one ZPM will only power the shield for a couple of days when under constant bombardment, three ZPM's will only last three times the time one ZPM will last, so the ancients must have made new ZPM's during their war or else they would have been toast.
                              And again if the ancients were to have left a few spare ZPM's around, we would have no story. Its just imo though .

Well it's quite easy to find out:
                              User-Agent: Mozilla/4.73 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; BeOS R5.0.4;I) Opera 3.62 [en]
                              LOL... i have no idea what that means or how the sign works

Comment

Working...
                              X