This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanks on Daniel - TV GUIDE

Here's something I surfed across and hadn't seen anywhere on Gateworld. But maybe I missed it. Good reading for people like me who wonder "what happened to the geek?"

TV INSIDER: 'Stargate's' Shanks Shares Stages

“Stargate: SG-1” returns for its eighth season July 9 and regular Michael Shanks says his character is past feeling like an old coat.
    “It used to be a coat…now it’s become part of my pajamas, too,” says Shanks, who plays Dr. Daniel Jackson on the Sci-Fi Channel series. “When you’re involved with a character for this many years, sometimes you’re not sure where the character leaves off and you begin anymore, so it’s an interesting dynamic.”

Shanks says his character’s evolution has in many ways mirrored his own.

“I would say my character started off a bit naïve, which is probably a metaphor for how I was in the business. When I first came to this I was in my mid-20s and I was just wide-eyed and happy to be working. Then you gain a little cynicism and start to figure out exactly what you’re made of and what you stand for. Being the old curmudgeon that I am now made the character carry a little bit more baggage. Now he’s more of an adult with a little bit of a cynical edge.”

I haven't seen that on here before, thanks.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I read that in my tvguide i got He says the most intelligent things, haha...
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

That's quite interesting. Thanks.
        Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Working...
        X