This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omoc-What did he mean?

Hi I was just reading the script for Enigma (Season One) and this part interested me... Omoc and Jackson just left the SGC in order to sent something (a message) to the Nox...

OMOC: (Takes a twig in his hands) The distance between these two points seems far. Until you do this. (He bends the twig to where the ends meet)

JACKSON: OK... OK, I remember this from college physics. One of our scientists, Einstein, explained this the same way. You are talking about actually folding space.
    OMOC: No. You wouldn't understand.

Eh? If the device ( that light thinge) wasn't "folding space" to get to the Nox then how does it work? I take it that it means that all of our theories about space/time blah, blah, blah are wrong? Let me know what you guys think

Jack
    Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

What he meant was that we are sooooo far behind them technologically that we couldn't possibly understand the Tollans' method of bringing two points more closely together *without* folding space.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X