X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Scoring Atlantis?

Hi all!

I am new here, well in the forum anyway.

My question is this:

Who is scoring the new Stargate Atlantis Pilot and eventually the main theme???

And lastly, have any of you been so lucky to heave heard it, by any chance? I mean you never know... Some lucky person here might have...

I am very interested in what it sounds like and who is scoring it...

Thanks any input will do... Just please don't tell me it sounds as lame as Star Treks Enterprise...

I don't know anything on that. I don't believe anyone has heard the SGA theme, except that person who wrote the Rising Synopsis maybe. So one person may know. Besides that, no idea.

Comment

I think Joel Goldsmith is doing the theme music. He does lots of music for SG-1. (He's also the son of Jerry Goldsmith who scores the Star Trek movies and TV series... I think)

Comment

I believe Martin Wood mentioned in an interview that Joel Goldsmith scored the opening two-parter, so he probably did the theme as well.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I think it was some guy named....let me see....yeah, Snoop Dog, that's his name. I hear the word "Atlantizzle" can be heard many times throughout the new Atlantis theme.
          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Atlantizzle, cool. That is funny...

Yeah I kinda figured that it would be Joel. And yes he is son of Jerry. Anyway, thanks for the info all. I just got the last DVD from Season 7 and it has an Exclusive Preview of Atlantis. Hope that it is not a 2 minute spot, but rather a pretty informative deal. Will let you know in a few hours... I'll watch The Lost City and then I'll tell ya'll how the preview is... Send some screen grabs if that is possible. Or even legal?

Oh and Chris, having hair... Kinda does not work for me... But we'll see, perhaps it does... I just think that was part of what made him so cool...

Anyway, thanks for the replies...

Comment

Working...
            X