This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Threshold be a ratings threat?

When I first read that CBS was putting its new Scifi series on Friday nights up against Atlantis I was a little concerned. On one hand I'm happy that network tv is again considering scifi - but Threshold also has veteran Trek actor Brent Spiner.

Do you think it will be a ratings challenge?

Originally posted by SophieTucker
    When I first read that CBS was putting its new Scifi series on Friday nights up against Atlantis I was a little concerned. On one hand I'm happy that network tv is again considering scifi - but Threshold also has veteran Trek actor Brent Spiner.

Brent Spiner was very very good as Data.

But you notice he hasn't done a whole lot else.

There might be a reason for that.

I've got a friend at CBS and she's into sci-fi. She hasn't mentioned word one of this to me yet. That says a lot.
    ~*~*~*~*~*
    not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

No I seriously don't think so. There hasn't been any buzz about the show and CBS notoriously mistreats its Sci-Fi shows. I hope this one fares a little better but its unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
        No I seriously don't think so. There hasn't been any buzz about the show and CBS notoriously mistreats its Sci-Fi shows. I hope this one fares a little better but its unlikely.
        I hope you're right - I just wish they would have put it on another night.

Comment

Agreed. I like to check out all new scifi series to see if they're worth watching but I'm not going to skip Stargate to check it out. Another night would be better.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

futon critic already gave it a bad review

besides: executive producer: Brannon Braga
            not very hopefull

Comment

I Just read the reviews, equally insulting to the series and the sci-fi channel which isn't exactly inspiring me to check it out... then again I just might, simply because it already has bad reviews, a space ship, and will fit nicely into my growing list of series I watched that got cancelled in ten episodes or less.

On the plus side, if it's as bad as they say it will only make Stargate look better. On the other hand one more scifi failure won't inspire them to keep trying to make good scifi programming.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave

not very hopefull
                I really haven't heard of it. *shrug*

Braga is in the same boat as Chris Carter, far as I'm concerned. I won't watch anything else from either of them. I'll stick with SciFi on Fridays.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  I really haven't heard of it. *shrug*

Braga is in the same boat as Chris Carter, far as I'm concerned. I won't watch anything else from either of them. I'll stick with SciFi on Fridays.
                  Agreed. Chris Carter "peaked" years ago and since his one success, has had none. As for Braga, eh!

I'll be watching SciFi on Friday evenings.....eating popcorn with FoolishPleasure. (Long distance, of course!)

Brent Spinner is an excellent actor, but an actor alone can't save a show. So to answer your question, I doubt Threshold will be a ratings threat, at least not after the first 10 minutes.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

mmmm...you know I haven't heard anything about Threshold, even if I had.. can't give up..no,won't give up watching Atlantis.
                    Purple's Biggest Fan
                    A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave

not very hopefull
                      I didn't realize that - I feel better already.

Comment

One reason that I'd be willing to give Threshold a chance is that David Goyer(Blade Trilogy, Batman Begins, Dark City, assorted issues of JSA )is one of the writer/producers of the program. With that street cred I'll be willing to give this freak a chance. Besides, doesn't Sci-Fi Fridays run of new episodes end mid September? So I don't see much clashing with the Stargate family of shows.

Comment

*snicker* Braga's making it? No threat. Besides, it's on CBS. No sci-fi show can survive on a mainstream network. And putting it up against Sci-Fi Friday? Brilliant move, simply BRILLIANT. One season. If that.
                          Last edited by Excali5033; 05 August 2005, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ONE AND ONLY
                            One reason that I'd be willing to give Threshold a chance is that David Goyer(Blade Trilogy, Batman Begins, Dark City, assorted issues of JSA )is one of the writer/producers of the program. With that street cred I'll be willing to give this freak a chance. Besides, doesn't Sci-Fi Fridays run of new episodes end mid September? So I don't see much clashing with the Stargate family of shows.
                            Yeah, Goyer was the one name that got me even remotely interested. But to be honest, he's had as many colossal failures as he has successes. For every Batman Begins, there'll always be a Blade Trinity or two. Plus, everyone knows that Geoff Johns was and still is the true genius behind JSA.
                            Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                            Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                            Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                            Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

You should all know by now that whenever Brannon Braga is in the house, expect the house to get burned down.
                              Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                              WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Working...
                              X