This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
    ...And regarding the Cam/Lam/Landry scene... TOTALLY didn't see what some people seemed to have noticed with that damn button. I just figured that Cam only just noticed that it wasn't done up properly. Either I'm really dim (which I'm usually not) or some people are just reading WAY too much into ANY scene with Cam and Dr. Lam (jeez, I sure hope they don't end up together... just because of the name tongue twister... and wait until SAM gets back! )
    I'm gettin' cofuzzled... night!
    First, how did you ever get away with that screen name?

And, second, I'll let you in on a deep dark secret: Shhhhh... I think Cam and Sam would look great together as a couple. Shhhh, don't tell anybody I said that, 'kay? I'm pretty sure I don't want the show to go there and I definitely don't want UST and angst and all the crap that comes with hooking up main characters, but when I think of them together, I just think they will look soooo good standing next to each other. Oh, the pretty!

But, yeah, people are definitely overreading that scene. [IMO] Not that it won't necessarily lead to something, but as it was, nothing much happening there.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
      With Cam being a pilot, more so than Jack, I was wondering if Cameron will being flying (or learning to fly) some of the alien craft on the show.
      And maybe there will be more opportunity with that since it looks like there might be more planet hopping. In the past it was: go to a planet, go home, go to another planet, go home... There is the feel, now, that there might be more interplanetary travel, and maybe without the Stargate. Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost

And, second, I'll let you in on a deep dark secret: Shhhhh... I think Cam and Sam would look great together as a couple. Shhhh, don't tell anybody I said that, 'kay? I'm pretty sure I don't want the show to go there and I definitely don't want UST and angst and all the crap that comes with hooking up main characters, but when I think of them together, I just think they will look soooo good standing next to each other. Oh, the pretty!

But, yeah, people are definitely overreading that scene. [IMO] Not that it won't necessarily lead to something, but as it was, nothing much happening there.
        A Cam/Sam ship? You should start to run... and run quickly!

I'm not sure either to want an intimate relation between Mitchell and one of the main character. The writers don't seem to have a real gift for this kind of stuff.

Another subject :What can we expect from the tonight episode ? A wallpaper Mitchell or a little character development? I know the writers have chosen to introduce Mitchell slowly (and I think it's a wise choice) but now, I'm ready to know more about him. And you, guys, are you ready?
        "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley
          A Cam/Sam ship? You should start to run... and run quickly!
          LOL!
          Chillin you are going to regret admitting that, but at least we don't have to have any ship to see them looking pretty standing next to each other! I really think he and Dr Lam look mighty pretty side by side too! If there will be any UST, it probably will be there as the character is a civilian (IMO). Not so restrictive on how the writers can play the card, so to speak. However, I really, really, really want to get to know the characters as individuals before they delve into any romantic entanglements.

Another subject :What can we expect from the tonight episode ? A wallpaper Mitchell or a little character development? I know the writers have chosen to introduce Mitchell slowly (and I think it's a wise choice) but now, I'm ready to know more about him. And you, guys, are you ready?
          Oh, I'm more than ready, but I don't think anything major tonight. However, we will be learning all about what makes Vala tick and I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully, we'll get some more little things to make us see the man Mitchell is as he goes about vouching for her?

Comment

Yeah, I'm ready for tonight! Can't wait. Unfortunately, I don't think there is going to be much Mitchell. But I always watch his parts 2 or 3 times, so it seems like more!

I like Vala, but I do think they've been concentrating on her too long. It was fun, and still is, but I do find myself anxious for the return of Sam.

And, don't worry, I don't really want a romance! I'll just look at them both together and enjoy the pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
              Oh, I'm more than ready, but I don't think anything major tonight. However, we will be learning all about what makes Vala tick and I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully, we'll get some more little things to make us see the man Mitchell is as he goes about vouching for her?
              I haven't any problem either with Vala being the focus of the six first episodes. I love C.B and I like Vala a lot. I just want to see her character interacting with Teal'c, Landry, Lam and of course Mitchell. For Vala and Mitchell, I know that TPTB don't want that because of Farscape and I think it's ridiculous. Two movie actors can play together prominent parts in different movies so why it's not possible for two t.v actors?
              TBTP must believe that we are a bit stupid and not able to separate Aeryn & John from Mitchell & Vala. B.B and C.B are two great actors and I think it's a tremendous waste!
              I just have to say that. Now, I feel better. Peace and love!

P.S : if you don't understand my message because my english sucks, it's not a big deal. I just explain that I love TPTB and the deep relation between Vala and Mitchell.

Comment

WAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa My previous post got lost in the GW time warp! I'm crossing my fingers that it'll pop up later....

Comment

P.S : if you don't understand my message because my english sucks, it's not a big deal. I just explain that I love TPTB and the deep relation between Vala and Mitchell.
                  I understood very well Hurley and I do agree with you... I personally have no problem with actors playing different roles - the characters are so different from their previous ones - along with the storylines. However, her story is mostly connected (literally!) to Daniel. It does seem a pity not to see the characters interact a little more as Ben & Claude do have tremendous chemistry but I can sympathise with TPTB as some viewers posting on various boards do seem to see their former show/work in everything they do. So, I guess overall, that it has been wise to play it the way they have.

Perhaps...
                  Spoiler:
                  they will have more interaction with one another when Vala returns in the back half of the season, and Ben has had the chance to really establish Mitchell?

Question: Do we think that Cameron does use the shortened form of his name or was he just doing that for effect, to fit in with bounty hunter circles? I mean, his mother referred to him as Cameron on his hospital bed so she can't be calling him by a shortened form or she would have done it whilst he was so sick. He introduced himself as "my friends call me Cameron" ... so is Cam only going to be used on undercover ops?
                  Last edited by Kas; 12 August 2005, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Late to the party, as usual. Nice thread.

What can I say? I love Mitchell, and look forward to learning more about his personality. I'm sure he's a good guy and all, but I'm really interested in that kryptonite factor. It's those inner demons make us interesting.

For Vala and Mitchell, I know that TPTB don't want that because of Farscape and I think it's ridiculous. Two movie actors can play together prominent parts in different movies so why it's not possible for two t.v actors?
                    TBTP must believe that we are a bit stupid and not able to separate Aeryn & John from Mitchell & Vala. B.B and C.B are two great actors and I think it's a tremendous waste!
                    I don't know Hurley. I'm kinda glad they're keeping the distance between BB and CB. I loved them on Farscape, but I really want to distinguish them as separate beings, and although some fans may be able to separate the different parts, others won't. I also don't want to tempt fate, and not like them together, which I'm pretty certain wouldn't happen. I'm digging Vala and Daniel, so it's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo's Girl
                      Hey, you know what they say... 'Better late than never'

I'm really interested in that kryptonite factor. It's those inner demons make us interesting.
                      That's what I want to learn about too. I agree, it's the depths beneath the surface that makes a person what they are and I've a feeling that we are going to really like 'Collateral Damage'.

Comment

I'm also hoping to get further scoop on what's up with Cam and Lam. Cameron buttoning up didn't really bother me, but Landry's reaction to them together is what I noticed. Maybe some unresolved past issues still lingering between them that Landry knows about. It's probably nothing though. After all the fuss over Sam and Jack, I doubt they'd throw any relationships in the SGC mix. I'd love a shakey past angle though. Maybe he broke her heart years ago, or vice versa. That'd be fun to play with.

Comment

I don't know Hurley. I'm kinda glad they're keeping the distance between BB and CB. I loved them on Farscape, but I really want to distinguish them as separate beings, and although some fans may be able to separate the different parts, others won't. I also don't want to tempt fate, and not like them together, which I'm pretty certain wouldn't happen. I'm digging Vala and Daniel, so it's cool.
                          Hi, Mongo's girl !
                          I like "the Daniel-Vala show" too and I don't want a close relationship between Vala and Mitchell either. I just want to see them interacting normally.They are keeping distance like if they were afraid of catching a terrible disease.
                          Last edited by Hurley; 17 August 2005, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                            That's what I want to learn about too. I agree, it's the depths beneath the surface that makes a person what they are and I've a feeling that we are going to really like 'Collateral Damage'.
                            Same here. Can't wait for "Collateral damage" !

Comment

I'm also hoping to get further scoop on what's up with Cam and Lam. Cameron buttoning up didn't really bother me, but Landry's reaction to them together is what I noticed. Maybe some unresolved past issues still lingering between them that Landry knows about. It's probably nothing though. After all the fuss over Sam and Jack, I doubt they'd throw any relationships in the SGC mix. I'd love a shakey past angle though. Maybe he broke her heart years ago, or vice versa. That'd be fun to play with.
                              I don't think that's the case either. When Landry first met Cameron in Avalon I, it sure sounded like it was for the very first time... not like he'd even heard of this kid before his posting. If there had been any kind of past between Cam and Lam, I'm sure we woulda seen more of a reaction in that first scene between Landry and Cam. If you don't read spoilers at all, you probably won't understnd why.

And since I think my earlier post has been lost in the GW wormhole, here's the gist of what I posted then:

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                              It's a perfectly legitimate SG name... just ask Peter DeLuise! If it wasn't for him, I never would have noticed that name in the ep....

And I can't wait for tonight's ep!!! But I think Collateral Damage will be quite the Benathon! *thud*

Comment

Hey! Just noticed... I'm a Super Soldier! How appropriate is it that I have a Vala avatar and she was introduced to us as... a Super Soldier?! Yeah, me.

Comment

Working...
                                X