Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh Oh, I can just see all the jokes and Shaft pics coming now! Trying to keep the non-PG thoughts for the THUNK thread.

Back later when I have had a chance to view the eppy and hopefully can make a contribution.

How was the interaction between Mitchell and Daniel, Teal'c and Sam? Did we learn anymore character quirks?

Comment

Well, I'm about to watch the eppy at last

I have just seen the Basketball match... loved it! Poor Cameron, every time he passed Teal'c the Jaffa kept knocking him off balance...then he'd lift his team member up to score... the big cheat! LOL!

Yep, Teal'c and Mitchell are going to end up best of friends. They are all really bonding here... I notice how Mitchell is still snapping right to attention even in an off-duty sort of capacity. I'm not sure he has to, does he?... I wonder if he'll ever loosen from the rigid military breeding?

Comment

Originally posted by Kas

I have just seen the Basketball match... loved it! Poor Cameron, every time he passed Teal'c the Jaffa kept knocking him off balance...then he'd lift his team member up to score... the big cheat! LOL!

Yep, Teal'c and Mitchell are going to end up best of friends. They are all really bonding here... I notice how Mitchell is still snapping right to attention even in an off-duty sort of capacity. I'm not sure he has to, does he?... I wonder if he'll ever loosen from the rigid military breeding?
        I agree about Teal'c, first the cards, now baskeball...

Comment

I believe that Teal'c and Cam will bond more in the episode, Babylon. (Two weeks from last night.) I am wondering if humans can become honorary Jaffa.

EDIT: Babylon will be shown on 9/05 in three weeks instead of two weeks. Reason: A holiday weekend (US).
          Last edited by greytop; 20 August 2005, 01:41 PM. Reason: added contect

Comment

The little I've allowed myself to read, I'm so looking forward to Babylon... in fact, this is the first season in ages that I am excited about... the always looking forward to the next episode and not wanting to miss it feeling.

Tonight, I loved the feeling of team (except for poor Vala... made to feel her opinions suddenly don't feature as she's not military! )... but everyone on the team, connected with the mission had their expertise acknowledged and deferred to... Loved that Mitchell was recognised by all as the overall Mission Leader and came to make the decisions... As Carter said at one point, after giving the techno side, "It's your call". And so, it was.

I really liked how Mitchell was reading all he could before climbing into the spacesuit... he was poured all over the nuke and given his thirst for knowledge, I believe it to be a manual covering all things about the Mk 9.

"wanting to have a nuke-free career" - this could also have been a shout-out to Ben's previous show LOL! What is it with Ben & nuclear weapons?

Loved the giving of "30 earth minutes" after having sat-in and listened to Daniel's expositions... and for once he was done in seconds!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas

During the basketball scene, I realize [think?] that it was supposed to look like Teal'c knocked him down and ruined that last shot, but it just looked like Mitchell was trying a weird pass that failed miserably. I'm not sure what happened there, it looked like Teal'c barely touched him, if at all. I replayed it a few times to see if maybe Mitchell stopped his lay-up because he saw Landry walk into the room, but I'm sure regulations allow him to finish his lay-up before he snaps to attention. Anyway, I'm not sure they achieved whatever it was they were going for in that lay-up. I actually thought he looked like he wasn't totally rehabilitated from the crash and his legs gave out or something. The rest was good. "You need a new wingman." haha.

But about Mitchell and Teal'c - Wow, more comparisons to FarScape! I hope his relationship with Teal'c becomes the buddy-buddy relationship it was with D'Argo. When he starts calling Teal'c, Big T, I'll fall off my sofa laughing. This really has me excited! I hope they develop it well!

Oh, by the way, THIRD PAGE, PEOPLE!
              Obviously, there is a lot of love on this board, but... THIRD PAGE!!!

Comment

Hi Chillin... missed you here

I thought that it was meant to be a 'friendly' workout and that Teal'c and Vala were just having a little fun making sure that the boys were beaten at their own game...

Teal'c definitely pushed Mitchell both times... I guess that he couldn't really push the actor too hard but then again, you make an excellent point about the fact that perhaps Mitchell isn't absolutely fully recovered and perhaps his balance is effected still... a teensy bit still unsteady? Considering that he wasn't ever expected to walk again, he's come a long way but it would be interesting to see that he still has some little way to go and to see this incorporated into his initial storyline.

Need to know more about Mitchell... NOW! LOL!
                ---
                Originally posted by Chillin
                But about Mitchell and Teal'c - Wow, more comparisons to FarScape! I hope his relationship with Teal'c becomes the buddy-buddy relationship it was with D'Argo. When he starts calling Teal'c, Big T, I'll fall off my sofa laughing. This really has me excited! I hope they develop it well!
                LOL! .... Big T, that'd be the ultimate! I really want to see real team/Mitchell bonding character moments.

Originally posted by Chillin
                Oh, by the way, THIRD PAGE, PEOPLE!
                Obviously, there is a lot of love on this board, but... THIRD PAGE!!!
                Yeppers, C'mon Mitchell lovers... join us.

Comment

Loving Mitchell so far. But hey he is a pilot which is a huge plus. Looking forward to more of him in the coming episodes.
                  Last edited by lt. Matt Baker; 22 August 2005, 10:15 AM.
                  Character Name: Matt Coons
                  Position: SG2 team member
                  Stargate RPG at Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by lt.Matt Baker
                    Loving Mitchell so far. But hey he is a pilot which is a huge plus. Looking forward to more of him in the coming episodes.
                    Hi Matt,

I agree and now that O'Neill has got him back in the saddle by taking him up in the fighter plane (wise move there, as he might have felt some residual fear), I hope to see that skill find some use, especially with the potential Air Armada threat from the Ori and the new aircraft available to the SGC.

Comment

Page 3 : not good!
                      I've just watched Beachhead (difficult to obtain this episode, my computer seems to have his own life and don't care about what I want!).
                      I like this episode but I have mixed feelings about Mitchell. He was more in charge, a little more screen time, some good lines and some enjoyable scenes (I love basketball ! ) But I've always the feeling that the writers take a defensive stance with the character.
                      Last edited by Hurley; 23 August 2005, 05:45 AM.
                      "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

If by "defensive", you mean that they are afraid to put him out there in front of the group leading, I agree with you. I partially blame the early media blitz that focused on Ben and pissed off a bunch of fans. I can understand how they feel, though, because they were making it look like Ben was going to save this crumbling series. Problem was, the series wasn't crumbling and Ben is only as good as the scripts [so that even if they were that bad last year, adding Ben wouldn't have been a cure-all]. The show didn't need fixing, but they made it sound that way, instead of just focusing on the new and returniing actors.

Now it almost seems like they are backpeddling so fast [as far as Ben/Mitchell] is concerned that they are afraid to have him to anything. I think that, and the fact that they are so enamored of Vala, has kept Mitchell in the background. [I loved Vala, but it turned into the Vala Show for six weeks.]

Hopefully, things will settle down now and more emphasis can be put on the TEAM and Mitchell will get his fair share of screen time and character exposition.

Not that I'd complain if Mitchell got a bit more than his fair share. He can have Landry's time. And the doc's. And those guys that run in with their guns pointed whenever there is "Unscheduled Offworld Activation!"

Comment

This is an excert of the Mazzolli & Gero interview in the Official Stargate Mag #6 - words by Darren Summer of this site. (Full article at Terra Firma Site: http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=3074.0 )

I've just included the Words concerning Cameron Mitchell and just have to say that I find this whole thing quite alarming!

Gero: It's funny ... I remember when we were breaking Ties That Bind. We had buried Mitchell's character to reduce his days. Rob [Cooper] came in and looked over the board and was like, "You know, we don't have to write around him. We can use him in every scene if we want to." Oh, yeah! How wonderful is that! That definitely is freeing.

Mallozzi: On the other hand, I know he is the hero. I wouldn't think he's a replacement for Rick, but I mean he is the team leader at least for the first couple of episodes. But I still think the show is more about the team than a lead.

Gero: More than the sum of its parts.

Mallozzi: I guess what I'm tying to say is that I don't want the fans or anyone else to think that it's going to be the same old 'Cameron Mitchell Show.' We're always going to try to include all four of team members in any episode.
                          It seems to me that Mallozzi has been hanging out online a little too much. This is proof that they have been over cautious in their approach... No-one expects the story to be all about Cameron Mitchell but to virtually admit that they've been inclined to shove his character in the background is not good. I had hoped that while respecting fans that they wouldn't let a few dictate the storylines. I wonder how Mallozzi & Co are responding to reading that so many want to see Cameron Mitchell as a character...want him to have time and character development and expect him to have a fair amount of screentime as the new lead?

As to forgetting about having Ben there when breaking the 4th episode and how they don't need to write around the character tends to suggest that they really don't know what to do with the character or how to write him... what a waste of the talent they had available! I'm really hoping that they've got their act together now... Mitchell, with Ben as his player, has fantastic potential to be another military presence and hero, just write him as such - and stop walking on eggshells guys! The show was never just ONE man (good though RDA was) - get over it already. People do respond to well-written characters.

OK... rant over! This interview just annoyed me somewhat... I really want to see Cameron Mitchell expand and Ben really getting some meaty chances in a show he likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                            It seems to me that Mallozzi has been hanging out online a little too much. This is proof that they have been over cautious in their approach...
                            And when you know that online fandom is less than 1% of the total viewers...

As to forgetting about having Ben there when breaking the 4th episode and how they don't need to write around the character tends to suggest that they really don't know what to do with the character or how to write him....
                            It's quite distressing! My only hope is that, maybe, they were just kidding.

Malozzi : He (Mitchell) is the team leader at least for the first couple episodes"
                            Mitchell wasn't the team leader, there was no team! He was the SG-Me leader, that means that he had nothing to do, except to get up from bed and to go to the SGC. Very interesting! Thanks, TPTB!
                            Last edited by Hurley; 23 August 2005, 11:44 AM.
                            "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

Going back to Mitchell's call sign of 'Shaft'... did you see the real look of mischief that Claude as Vala gave Ben? Just after saying to Carter that his explanation connected to Camshaft of an engine was disappointing? I couldn't help but laugh. Cute moment!

I also liked the way that Carter and Vala shared a moment here - girls together contemplating . You know, I actually believe that they could actually have been friends - opposites attract sort of friendship. I would have loved to see more interaction between those two over a period of time.

So, I see that Col. Pendergast makes a point of calling Mitchell by his call sign still. Is that the norm?
                              Last edited by Kas; 23 August 2005, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Greetings! I am new to Gateworld.net and this forum. I have been reading posts for about 15 minutes now. I am really enjoying the actual talk about Mitchell's character and not just how hot he is (and make no mistake, he is hot). I can't wait to get a little more information on just what it is that makes this guy tick! I think Ben Browder is at his best when he is acting for highly emotional situations.

Well, that's all for now. Great forum!
                                Last edited by RikTikTavi; 23 August 2005, 06:05 PM.
                                RikTikTavi AKA The Chemist

Comment

Working...
                                X