This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky One

I have no idea whether this has been asked already cos I never come into this area cos I don't like spoilers. But, does anyone know if Sky One are going to take up Atlantis? In fact, does anyone know if they are going to take up SG-1 for another season?

I'm not sure where you would fit them in here, but I would prefer if no spoilers come up in this thread. Thanks.
    Godspeed, Don.

S8 has been bought and is on its way. Instead of running 2 weeks behind the states then running ahead for the second half, Sky One will be showing it later in the year. Iv seen places saying September others saying August, last time i asked Sky said they hadnt got a schudule worked out yet.

Again, last time I asked, they said they hadnt bought Atlantis yet, but I would be very surprised if they didnt - Sky One have actually invested in the show directly (it wasnt just Sci-Fi that kept it alive after season 5) afiak, so they seem to like the franchise, it is very popular after all.

Comment

Sky have purchased the rights to season eight and as far as I know they have brought the entire lineup of new seasons if season eight is not the last.

Last time I emailed Sky, the said to me that they had no specific details on Stargate Atlantis at the moment but they'll release further details later this year.

No TV scheduel has yet been made
      __

__

Comment

For the last few years Sky has shown Stargate SG1 in September, so I would expect that this year it will be the same. I'm not sure what they will do with Atlantis - they may hold it over and run it once S8 of SG1 has finished.
        sigpic

Comment

they probably wait and see how it does on SciFi

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
            they probably wait and see how it does on SciFi
            I loathe the midseason gap.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think they'll put season eight on and then Atlantis. I don't think that's the way MGM want it to be broadcasted. I think they want a one week gap difference between the two shows
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by MadEyeTed
                S8 has been bought and is on its way. Instead of running 2 weeks behind the states then running ahead for the second half, Sky One will be showing it later in the year. Iv seen places saying September others saying August, last time i asked Sky said they hadnt got a schudule worked out yet.

Again, last time I asked, they said they hadnt bought Atlantis yet, but I would be very surprised if they didnt - Sky One have actually invested in the show directly (it wasnt just Sci-Fi that kept it alive after season 5) afiak, so they seem to like the franchise, it is very popular after all.
                I already told you in the other thread, Sky always start in September, and it was only two weeks ahead last year, they were further ahead for all the other seasons...

Comment

I got an email from Sky yesterday, and they told me "Unfortunately, Sky has no information available regarding Stargate Atlantis." Hopefully that just means they haven't got the rights to it yet, as opposed to they're not that bothered about getting Atlantis....

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    I loathe the midseason gap.
                    It's always a killer..
                    The midseason gap in Australia is almost a year long... or at least going by the way season seven has only aired until Space Race - its a long wait.

Comment

I E-Mailed sky a few weeks ago, heres what i wrote:

Dear Sky

I have a few questions about your show Stargate.
                      1. I have heard several rumours that Stargate SG-1 will begin in early
                      August on Sky One rather than the usual late September date, could you
                      please clarify this for me?
                      2. Has Sky One bought the rights to show Stargates new spin-off series
                      Stargate: Atlantis?
                      3. Both shows will run along side each other in the US on the sci-fi
                      channel as cast members will cross over from either show, so if Sky
                      One has bought/will buy the rights will they be run along side as to
                      make both shows make sense?

Thanks,
                      Karl

lol, I sound a bit... hmm..., anyway here is the reply.

Dear Karl

Thanks for your email about Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis.

Unfortunately, no information is available at present with regard to the
                      above programmes. However, please be assured that your interest has been
                      noted and passed to Sky One for their information.

Thanks once again for contacting Sky.

Kind regards

Margaret Tannock
                      Viewer Relations

Comment

They give the same response to everyone. Simular to myself and other members. However, if they are to buy Atlantis which I'm assuming they will then they should air it like Sci-Fi does
                        __

__

Comment

You'll never be able to get some information from any TV network regarding such stuff

Comment

True, but it's just what Sky always say, no difference
                            __

__

Comment

Hmmm.Looks like I'll get the same standard response if I write too !

Back to just "Wishing and hoping" then....mainly wishing and hoping for such a good response for Atlantis, by Sci-Fi Channel viewers, that Sky will merrily sign up and show the series !
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X