Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was a gou'old ring transporter doing in the Ancient depository on Earth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was a gou'old ring transporter doing in the Ancient depository on Earth?

What was a gou'old ring transporter doing in the Ancient depository? (Under Antarctica)

I have just been watching Lost City

I thought that the ring transporters were gou'old tecnology, not ancient?

If this is so could RA or another old Gou'old knew about this desposit a while back (Could be a possible explanation where RA got the "Lost City" Book) or it could just be a mistake (or can ring transporters go anywhere, even tho these had a ring area for them)

SG-1 Beams down their in the Lost City part 2, Where Anubis fleet is above earth (Also two Kull warriors beam in using this ring transporter)

Correct me if i'm wrong with this...
    I Have Information...

THe goa'uld are said to have stolen everything they have, and the series never said that the goa'uld invented ring tech. Given that the Atlantis "closets" make the same sound it's been implied for a while that the rings are in fact Ancient tech.

Comment

They stated rings are Ancient tech in TLC IIRC. The goa'uld just copyed them.

And with out another ring platform to receive the matter stream the rings are limited to 5m range. (ref: Tangent)
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Yep, the rings were always Ancient technology (Pun not intended) and still are, The goa'uld just stole them. I'm assuming they made more of them like most of they're technlogy, Great scavengers the Goa'uld were i gotta give them a hand. i'm surprised there aren't any ring systems in the peguses galaxy, maybe before they upgraded to they're new transport systems whatever they may be...?

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Ah, thanks for the replys guys!

I always assumed that the Ring Transporters were Gou'old, guess it took me nine seasons to figure out they wern't
          I Have Information...

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
            Yep, the rings were always Ancient technology (Pun not intended) and still are, The goa'uld just stole them. I'm assuming they made more of them like most of they're technlogy, Great scavengers the Goa'uld were i gotta give them a hand. i'm surprised there aren't any ring systems in the peguses galaxy, maybe before they upgraded to they're new transport systems whatever they may be...?

good assessment since they were in the pegasus galaxy for millions of years till 10000 years ago. they'd upgraded to never tech and left us they "old" tech.

Comment

My theory is that the closets came before the ring tech but since the Ancients didnt have the resources and they technologocly regressed its fair to say that the ring tech was easier to use.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                My theory is that the closets came before the ring tech but since the Ancients didnt have the resources and they technologocly regressed its fair to say that the ring tech was easier to use.
                who's to say the closets are older tech? if anything they are newer tech because they have a better control mechanism, but based on the saounds of them working they are likely the exact same tech just integrated into the design of the city.

Comment

I beleive that the closets are old tech and that the rings are even older just that the rings used are newer kind of its confuzzling

Comment

I beleive that the closets are old tech and that the rings are even older just that the rings used are newer kind of its confuzzling
                    why though? what makes you think that the rings are newer tech then the closets? judging by the sounds they operaterate on pretty much the same basis, the only difference as far has been shown so far is that the closets are incorporated into the design of the city. im just wondering what you have seen that makes you think the rings and closets are anything other than the exact same technology.

Comment

NO im saying that the rings are older tech than the closets but since the resources for making closets are possibly unavailable in this galaxy they re used simpler ring tech as there was a lot of Naquadah around.

Comment

NO im saying that the rings are older tech than the closets but since the resources for making closets are possibly unavailable in this galaxy they re used simpler ring tech as there was a lot of Naquadah around.
                        oh sorry my mistake i totally misread your post, thats my bad. i wonder if the reason for the difference though is even simpler than lack of resources. (other than the fact that its a new show and they wanted something new and cool) if it is basically the same technology in both cases, just one more developed than the other, the basic mechanism and components should be the same, so if the have the resources, aka naquada to make rings they could make the closets. but in some ways the rings are superior to the closets, especially in a non city setting. for the instances that we have seen them, excluding goa'uld use on ships, they are generally in a larger open area, and the rings are more practical because they drop down in the floor and are hidden out of the way. outting a transoirt closet there in place of rings would be needlessly confining and aesthetically unappealing. in a city though, it makes more sense to have the closets for aesthetic and saftey reasons. with the closets you dont have to worry about some innocent passerby getting caught in rings that just pop to recieve an incomming matter stream. i bet that if we discovered other ancient cities that were more intact than what we have found, we would find transport closets just like atlantis, or at least same basic concept, maybe slightly different based on age and specific location. actually im starting to wonder if maybe there is no difference at all between the closets and the rings, since the closets are incorporated into the architecture of the city, it could just be as simple as the rings are hidden out of sight in the walls around the closets.

Comment

They are the same tech.
                          The closets simply swap contents.
                          So do the rings.

Comment

Originally posted by *Crash* View Post
                            What was a gou'old ring transporter doing in the Ancient depository? (Under Antarctica)

I have just been watching Lost City

I thought that the ring transporters were gou'old tecnology, not ancient?

If this is so could RA or another old Gou'old knew about this desposit a while back (Could be a possible explanation where RA got the "Lost City" Book) or it could just be a mistake (or can ring transporters go anywhere, even tho these had a ring area for them)

SG-1 Beams down their in the Lost City part 2, Where Anubis fleet is above earth (Also two Kull warriors beam in using this ring transporter)

Correct me if i'm wrong with this...
                            The rings are Ancient technology scavanged by the Goa'uld!

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                              The rings are Ancient technology scavanged by the Goa'uld!
                              Which was already established. I am curious as to why you decided to post in a 3 year old thread which for all intents and purposes was dealt with and buried.

Comment

Working...
                              X