This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Did They Wake Up Anyway?

I am still confused as to why killing a couple of Wraith guards would cause every Wraith in the galaxy to wake up out of hibernation. Or was it because they detected the presence of the Ancient gene?
    Last edited by Liam Kincaid; 03 August 2005, 09:33 AM. Reason: Spelling

The first ones woke up when their keeper was killed

The rest woke up because from Sumner they found out about a rich new feeding ground - Earth
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

The Keeper is basically the Wraith who's assigned to keep watch during hibernation. The Wriath are telepathic so once the Keeper dies, they'll know. If the Keeper dies, then something is a threat to the Wraith's existance because people can kill them whilst they're in hibernation. Therefore, they must wake, cull the worlds and feast. Then search for and destroy the threat to them.
      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Plus they must regain their place as topdog in the food chain
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

It is the whole Hive mentality thing.
          In the beginning there was I and I said, "Here hold my Scotch and watch this SH#*

Comment

Well, wouldn't you wake up if you found out that someone killed your Hive Keeper?

I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
              Well, wouldn't you wake up if you found out that someone killed your Hive Keeper?

I know I would.
              I would also, only after hitting the ole Wraith Snooze Alarm.
              In the beginning there was I and I said, "Here hold my Scotch and watch this SH#*

Comment

It was a trigger
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I wonder if there is anymore "keepers" on other hive ships or if they r now leaders or "captains" of Hive Ships.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

This is what i think we learned that the wraith comunicate by subspace so what if when the female keeper transmitted what she learned from Colonel Sumner about Earth and all teh people and how Atlantis is the only gate back to Earth.

Comment

this might be stupid but did they know that the Atlantis gate was the only gate back to Earth. When the wraith got all the info from Sumner.
                      “If I have to say what one more time heads are gonna roll!”

Comment

Originally posted by spacemonkey8882001
                        this might be stupid but did they know that the Atlantis gate was the only gate back to Earth. When the wraith got all the info from Sumner.
                        Yes. As far as I was aware that is why they wanted to take Atlantis intact - because it was the gateway to new feeding ground.
                        sigpic
                        by Kaaatie

Comment

Well they know that the Ancients fled the Pegasus Galaxy to another galaxy (MW) through Atlantis when they stopped fighting and there were no more life signs in the city. Also, I don't think Wraith darts and ships can go underwater so they weren't able to salvage the city. Even if the ships could go underwater, there was the shield intact. Now they could salvage the city because it is above water and there is no shield.
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                          X