This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

earth ZPM, new theory for interface

ok we know that our naquada generators are compatable with ancinet technolgy or at least atlantis and the rings/stargates, so why can we use multiple generators in a ZPM interface to better distibute(not sure if thats a correct term) the energy.
    from what i can tell our interface it sloppy at best, esp. in atlantis, so if we created a ZPM shaped device; from what i can tell the ZPM is a big crystel or arangement of crystel (presumable with information or programing allowing the device or the thing its plugged in to to draw its power from subspace/time); and our naquadah generators interface with a crystel node, so if we created a node that was shaped like a ZPM so we can plug more NG in to the city, by using a ZPM node to interface the ZPM node to provide a more suitable interface between the two technology's.
    basicly its getting an adapter for our technolgy to let us plug in to atlantis better, like going to europe from england

comments?
    immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

if we had the tech to make a zpm adaptor we could probably make a zpm
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

no because im only talking about changing the way we plug the NG's in, now we use 1 crystel shapped node, plugged in to X socket, but if we made a ZPM shaped node then the NG's might become more compatable with ancient technolgy;
      to make a ZPM ius a whole other story, if im correct and the ZPM crystel only contain information for a device to draw its energy from, we might be able to read that information and copy it on to another device that has an exact copy of crystels and the configureion of the crystels as a real ZPM........so really were just pretending to have a ZPM when we really dont, for both senarious.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

but just making the interface the same shape as a zpm interface wont necessarily mean it will work and how would we copy this information from crystal to crystal
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

carter does it all the time, daniel said in lost city...............and it would help because the ZPM power distibutor is alot more efficent at powering atlantis that what we do, if we can plug ourselves in to that then we cna power the city alot better than we are at the moment.
          sigpic
          11000! green me

Comment

I don't see how where you put the power into Atlantis will make a difference. x Watts are x Watts.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

because at the moment our interface with atlantis is sloppy at best, but the ZPM powered t he entire city perfectly, watts are watts yes but you can lose power through resistance or sloppy wireing.........if i recall science lessons properly.
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                because at the moment our interface with atlantis is sloppy at best, but the ZPM powered t he entire city perfectly, watts are watts yes but you can lose power through resistance or sloppy wireing.........if i recall science lessons properly.
                Yeah, but it's not the interface that makes a ZPM powerful. It's the fact that it exploits zero point energy which is several orders of magnitude more powerful than anything you could expect from a Naquadah generator.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

i know im not saying that we are going to get anything like the power of a ZPM, all im saying is that we could improve the efficentcy of the power we are delivering already.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    i know im not saying that we are going to get anything like the power of a ZPM, all im saying is that we could improve the efficentcy of the power we are delivering already.
                    But all you'd be doing is adding in another potential source of inefficiency.

NG -> Atlantis

is more efficient than:

NG -> Some Adapter -> Atlantis

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Good point
                      love Torri

Comment

no but we still have an adapter, it more like this

NG -> single crystel node > secondary power distribution system > atlantis

with the ZPM adapter it would be

NG -> primary distibution through ZPM node >atlantis

we use the secordary not primary system to power atlantis with our NG, it however we could power the city with NG through a ZPM node interface then the city would get the power better because the primart system is a better system for distibuting power than wht we currently use.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Ok, yes, X watts does equal X watts, however X watts distributed over X amount of time does not equal X watts distributed over Y amount of time, with one, energy will be being forced into systems faster, and if the systems do not require it, they will overload.

What immhotep is trying to say, is that simply connecting a naquadah generator to atlantis' power grid, is not as easy as it sounds, right now, we bassically plug them in wherever we can find, using our primitive wiring, with wiring there is a slower energy transfer, and energy is lost. With a diffrent type of transfer say through crystals, the energy transfer rate is higher. So, the naquadah generator can produce X watts, but by the time the energy reaches the system in which it is being used, the energy will have been reduced to Y watts.

As for how we could copy information from crystal to crystal, which I don't really think is relevant, but whatever, it is very simple, a crystal stores information like a hard drive, except the information is stored as the structure of the crystal, all you need to do is copy the structure and molecular make up of the crystal.

Owen Macri

Comment

If Owen is in favour then I will agree that it is possible
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                              Ok, yes, X watts does equal X watts, however X watts distributed over X amount of time does not equal X watts distributed over Y amount of time, with one, energy will be being forced into systems faster, and if the systems do not require it, they will overload.

What immhotep is trying to say, is that simply connecting a naquadah generator to atlantis' power grid, is not as easy as it sounds, right now, we bassically plug them in wherever we can find, using our primitive wiring, with wiring there is a slower energy transfer, and energy is lost. With a diffrent type of transfer say through crystals, the energy transfer rate is higher. So, the naquadah generator can produce X watts, but by the time the energy reaches the system in which it is being used, the energy will have been reduced to Y watts.

Owen Macri
                              So you plug the wires into the crystals, and you still have the inefficiency in the wires.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Working...
                              X