Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has it been annouced if SG-1 The Alliance will be compatable with Xbox 360?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has it been annouced if SG-1 The Alliance will be compatable with Xbox 360?

I don't currerently have an Xbox, but I'm strongly considering getting a 360(since it'll have better 3rd party support) and I know the 360 only has limited backwards compatablity). I do currently have a PS2, so if its not compatable I'll just get the PS2 version(though I'm afraid it'll be inferrior and my PC only has a Radeon 9250).

Any ideas?

Try checking the website http://www.stargate-thealliance.com/
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

At this point it seems unlikely at the game will be playable on XBox 360 -- unless Microsoft can pull a 50-foot golden rabbit out of their hats and improve the new console's backwards compatibility for all or nearly all XBox games, or The Alliance surpasses all sales expectations.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks kinda what I was thinking Darren, thank you.

Comment

I dont like the current Stargate alliance game but It would be amazing if they made a strategy stargate game, just like Command and Conquer Generals.
          But instead of having all those China, Usa and GLA armies. they could have Tau'ri , Go'uld , Wraith, Asgard, Ancients, Replicators, and maybee Orii, Noz, Tok'ra and Furlings.

Watcha think.

I have been giving it some serious thought. For example, The nox are not good at taking orders. They want peace. The ancients like screwing with everyone. Tauri like to blow everything up and the asgard just like having super cool commander names.
          The furlings... Well, before you can attack them you'd need to find them first. More Hide n Seek like.
          sigpic

Comment

Hmm... I'm not much of a strategy fan to be honest, but to each his own. I personally love to have games with a strong exploration factor, I love to explore the game's world(or worlds ) and I'm hoping I'll be able to do a lot of that in The Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Balmug
              I don't currerently have an Xbox, but I'm strongly considering getting a 360(since it'll have better 3rd party support) and I know the 360 only has limited backwards compatablity). I do currently have a PS2, so if its not compatable I'll just get the PS2 version(though I'm afraid it'll be inferrior and my PC only has a Radeon 9250).

Any ideas?
              Well you don't mention what the rest of your PC setup is, but you COULD try upgrading your video card to something a bit better. You could get something like a Radeon 9700/9800 Pro for around $100 or a bit more. Or if a GeForce 6600 for about $115. Even though they're a bit older, the 9700/9800 cards are still darned could and should easily be able to handle the alliance. The 6600 is a newer card and is similar in performance, probably just a bit better overall.

Or you could just wait until the XB360 goes on sale. I've heard that MS MIGHT sell the original Xbox for $99, though I've also heard that production will be stopped so that wouldn't be likely. You can probably find a deal on a used/refurbished Xbox somewhere too if you wanted. Personally, I'd rather play the game on PC (though would consider xbox 360 if it comes out on that platform).

Comment

A 2nd hand xbox would do the trick
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by UNRE4L
                  I dont like the current Stargate alliance game but It would be amazing if they made a strategy stargate game, just like Command and Conquer Generals.
                  But instead of having all those China, Usa and GLA armies. they could have Tau'ri , Go'uld , Wraith, Asgard, Ancients, Replicators, and maybee Orii, Noz, Tok'ra and Furlings.

Watcha think.

I have been giving it some serious thought. For example, The nox are not good at taking orders. They want peace. The ancients like screwing with everyone. Tauri like to blow everything up and the asgard just like having super cool commander names.
                  The furlings... Well, before you can attack them you'd need to find them first. More Hide n Seek like.
                  I think there is a StarCraft mod out there somewhere that turns the game into Stargate based missions. I will try to find it and post a link

Comment

heres some mods http://www.stargatemods.com/sgm/index.php
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                      Well you don't mention what the rest of your PC setup is, but you COULD try upgrading your video card to something a bit better. You could get something like a Radeon 9700/9800 Pro for around $100 or a bit more. Or if a GeForce 6600 for about $115. Even though they're a bit older, the 9700/9800 cards are still darned could and should easily be able to handle the alliance. The 6600 is a newer card and is similar in performance, probably just a bit better overall.

Or you could just wait until the XB360 goes on sale. I've heard that MS MIGHT sell the original Xbox for $99, though I've also heard that production will be stopped so that wouldn't be likely. You can probably find a deal on a used/refurbished Xbox somewhere too if you wanted. Personally, I'd rather play the game on PC (though would consider xbox 360 if it comes out on that platform).

Lets see... I have an Athlon 64 3300+ running at 2.4GHZ, 1 GB Ram, 160 GB harddrive, with the graphics card I stated above.

I know there are better graphics cards out there, but I really don't want to spend that much upgrading my PC considering I don't use it for a lot of games, if I did I might consider it, but I'm mostly a consle gamer.

And yes a cheeper Xbox is an option, I just don't want to buy one just for one game(which I could play on my PS2)

Comment

If u have a PS2 then just stick with it i say
                        love Torri

Comment

Lets see... I have an Athlon 64 3300+ running at 2.4GHZ, 1 GB Ram, 160 GB harddrive, with the graphics card I stated above.

I know there are better graphics cards out there, but I really don't want to spend that much upgrading my PC considering I don't use it for a lot of games, if I did I might consider it, but I'm mostly a consle gamer.

And yes a cheeper Xbox is an option, I just don't want to buy one just for one game(which I could play on my PS2)
                          Well, that's a pretty decent system. One of the cheaper cards I mentioned above should work great for you and that way it WOULD give you the ability to play some awesome games that are still PC only (e.g. Half Life 2 and most any game based on that engine, probably will be a number of games based on the Doom 3 engine as well). Despite the hype there are still a number of good PC only titles coming out and many of the cross platform games are going to offer improved graphics on the PC version compared to the x-box/PS2/Game Cube. Oh yeah, and the controls on the PC version are almost certainly going to be better. KB+mouse PWNZ console gamepads. :-)

That said, the card you've got probably WOULD play the game, you'd just have to turn down the resolution and details so that it would look only somewhat better than the PS2 version would instead of lots better.

Oh yeah, you might could find a better deal on one of those cards by looking on ebay. Or check newegg for refurbs:

If even $100-115 is too rich for your blood, then maybe something like one of these:
                          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16814102344R

You'd really I think be better off paying the extra $25-30 for the Radeon9700 Pro, but it would still be decent.

Listen, I know it's your money and your decision which route you go. Personally, I've got an X-box and a Gamecube and multiple PCs at home. I probably do more gaming on the x-box since I can rent games for it. That said, my honest advice would DEFINITELY be to go the video card upgrade route. As I said, you get a better control setup, it gives you the ability to play many games with improved graphics and sound and there are still quite a few PC only games coming out. Another reason would be if you want to run the next version of Windows, it's likely going to require a video card with decent 3-D power. What you have might work but I think it'd be snappier with a better card.

A second choice route would be to pick up a used X-box to go with your PS2.

Listen, if you do decide to go the video card upgrade route and you want/need help finding a good deal, let me know. I've got a good handle on where to find some great deals on stuff. Just take it up in PM.
                          Last edited by Avatar28; 03 August 2005, 02:50 PM.

Comment

A 6600gt would be perfect for that system. Great bang for buck card that is. Just make sure you get the AGP version rather than the PCI-E one

Comment

The company making the Stargate gme ins making it there flag game to put them on the map for making games. (did that make since?) The last time I turned my PS2 on was to play GTA vice city. Xbox is the way to go. But then again, I mostly play online. The Alliance is goint to be online to and that is Xboxes main playing field. So with the makers of the Alliance wanting to make it there foot in the door for video games, it would make since that it would be compatible for the 360.

At least that is what I am hoping for. And I pumped it up enough to actually make since in my head.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                              X