This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheres the stargate? In the Ori

They never show a stargate but a Ori comes thro a stargate to preach..So why does daniel never see a stargate..?

Other side of the planet maybe. sure it stands to reason that some cities would be around a stargate but not all.

Comment

I dont think the Ori make their followers aware of the gates in order to stop them moving around too much
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

maybe the Ori have forbidden anyone other than them or anyone they deem "worthy" to use one, like the priors.

Comment

Kohars theory certainly makes sense.
          Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
          Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
          Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
          Vicious

Comment

If they were able to move around freely then there would be more scope for heresy
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

I agree...The Ori like to keep their people pretty dumb to outside influences.

Comment

Maybe they just build one, it's not like we haven't seen it before.
                The tollan build one, and orlin build one in a very short time.

Comment

I Thought the Orii wanted the Share the Knowledge of the Universe with everyone...

Comment

So they claim, but obviously they don't know ALL the knowledge of the Universe which makes their claim to godhood bunk.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by mindtwister
                      evidents of a stargate might have the same effect as the communication device, something that contradicts the book of orgin. the stargate predates their race, and was used by an advanced human race.

I don't think having a stargate on a world would contradict anything in the book of Origin, especially if it was interwoven with the myth of humanitys origin in their galaxy. I mean finding the stones and knowing that they came from an area that's very old is one way of catching the Ori out in their lies but if the Ori came down and said we put the big stone circle here so that we can send our messengers to you to bring you our word then whose gonna argue.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherNumsey
                        Maybe they just build one, it's not like we haven't seen it before.
                        The tollan build one, and orlin build one in a very short time.
                        If they did then their galaxy must be devoid of gates - i think thats unlikely
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          If they did then their galaxy must be devoid of gates - i think thats unlikely
                          I don't know, it is possible that the ancients invented the 'stargate'.

possible spoiler ahead on avalon part 2 (someone tell me how to use the spoiler tags)
                          In the book Daniels reads in Avalon part 2 the book says it says it took them thousands of years to get to a great belt of stars (the milky way) and that they build many astrea porta.

Which could mean that they developed the ring technology which does exist in the 'ori galaxy' into a system that works over much greater distances.
                          It is possible that that particular technology was just in development when they left their galaxy and the people left behind never made their own gate system but stayed with ships as main form of transportation.

Comment

Then why would they bother to start building gates now why not just send their ships (which they may not have as the doci said they were going to build some)
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              Then why would they bother to start building gates now why not just send their ships (which they may not have as the doci said they were going to build some)
                              Maybe because sending ships takes longer, and sending someone throught the stargate is much more easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X