This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Future of the Stargate Franchise?

This show could either turn in a major hit or a complete bomb.

I do hope it turns into a hit because it would mean another major force in the world of science fiction which is always a welcome sight.

Besides Star Trek needs more competition so they can get their asses in gear and start making better episodes!!!

Atlantis just needs to keep the same science-fiction light-humor of the first Stargate series and it will be off to a great start!

Heres to 8 great Seasons of Stargate Atlantis!!
    Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
    Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
    Mayboune: *shrugs*
    - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

8 great seasons....so the last 4 are going to be mediocre?
    sigpic

Comment

Heh... if SG-1 lasts that long, I sure hope they're not mediocre. As for Atlantis, I have faith, and yeah, I hope they make Enterprise have to get even better... I just hope they don't kill it.
      Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

enterprise is dead really. stargate should dominate the sci-fi on a friday, and enterprise has rubbished the star trek franchise and this season is basically guaranteed to be the last as UPN only went with it as paramount agreed to do the episodes for half the cost, as paramount want to get almost 100 eps for syndication.

i'm just hoping that enterprise doesn't dig in to stargate's ratings and that it can still excel with that competition.
        spook

Comment

SGA will be AWESOME...no doubts here. I have total faith in the writers...they are some great minds in the sci-fi business.

I think this is only the beginning of major franchise. Stargate will be BIG.
          It feels good to be alive.
          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            8 great seasons....so the last 4 are going to be mediocre?

If atlantis went 12 seasons, i wouldn't care if the last 4 were mediocre

Comment

I just want Stargate to beat X-Files and go at least 10 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathox
                I just want Stargate to beat X-Files and go at least 10 seasons.
                I hear you! I'm fed up of hearing "Stargate, the second longest running sci-fi TV series". I want no. 1. No. 2 for Atlantis.
                Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Yea well you never know Stargate SG-1 might beat it. After all they did say Stargate SG-1 was gonna end in Season 7 now we got a Season 8, so anything is possible!
                  Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                  - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                  - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                  Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                  Mayboune: *shrugs*
                  - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

I've heard ShadowMaat say a couple of times that she doesn't want a season 9? Why? If you're watching the show and posting here, you must think that it's pretty good. So, why do you want it to kick the bucket?
                    Godspeed, Don.

Comment

I don't want a season 9, I didn't want a season 7, or 8 either. I wanted the show to go out with a bang and that doesn't seem likely now. Plus I rather have Atlantis shows and SG-1 do it's movie thing.

Enterprise is dead, the only reason why it's coming back is because they need to have a Star Trek name around because it makes them 200 million a year. They also need to reach 100 episodes for repeat rights, plus they cut the buget by half.
                      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

As long as they are putting out consistant stories and top quality television, they can go for as long as they want.

I don't like the idea of SG-1 and Atlantis running side by side, in my eyes it doesn't give the opportunity for Atlantis to shine on its own, but it will be in the shadow of SG-1 as long as that continues.
                        "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

I dont think you can make blanket comments like that PK. At least I'm going to wait and see for myself how Atlantis holds up to make judgement.

I'm actually incredibly excited about the new season of SG-1 and Atlantis. I think that while we may not agree with how things are going in terms of plot lines and focus and stuff, the show is still a a great show. And is definately a heck of a lot better than the reality tv crap they're force feeding us these days.

But, saying that, im so very very excited. I cant wait to see the first ep.

It basically comes down to, if you dont like it, dont watch it. it's no use complaining about it particularly since you haven't seen the show yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
                            I don't like the idea of SG-1 and Atlantis running side by side, in my eyes it doesn't give the opportunity for Atlantis to shine on its own, but it will be in the shadow of SG-1 as long as that continues.
                            I doubt that. With Sci Fi promoting the hell out of Atlantis and everything...
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                            X