This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F302 weapons?

Now I know the F302 is armed with missiles but what else is it armed with? I have heard someone say Machine guns while another said railguns. Can someone know?

No, at present I don't believe the F-302 is armed with rail guns or gun, as for machine guns, yes some type of rapid fire projectile weapon is probably part of the F-302s' armament. Mostly they have diffrent types of missles, and regular projectile weapons. Perhaps a weapons of atomic power at one time or another and every now and then they enhance something with naquadah.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here!

Owen Macri

Comment

Furlings hopfully j/k

I am sure it was machine gun. Watch the episode in Antartica, where they were fighting anubis's forces.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh ya, they deffinetly have some kind of furlings on there. lol. Machine guns too, of course them too. But first Furlings! lol

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          No, at present I don't believe the F-302 is armed with rail guns or gun, as for machine guns, yes some type of rapid fire projectile weapon is probably part of the F-302s' armament. Mostly they have diffrent types of missles, and regular projectile weapons. Perhaps a weapons of atomic power at one time or another and every now and then they enhance something with naquadah.
          Well so much for that argument. Lost that one. But I thought the rail guns were to big to fit on the F302

Oh, and welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here!

Owen Macri
          Thanks!

Watch the episode in Antartica, where they were fighting anubis's forces
          Yeah I will.

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't think I was arguing with you. Sorry.

Rail guns are very large, perhaps one rail gun, the only problem is inertia, in space there is nothing (usually) holding you in place with a gun firing projectiles at speeds near and above mach 5, there is definetly going to be some force pushing you backwards, if the gun is aimed forwards.

I hope you enjoy it here!

Owen Macri

Comment

Nah, I was more wondering. I was argueing with someone else about the weapons

Oh

Rail guns are very large, perhaps one rail gun, the only problem is inertia, in space there is nothing (usually) holding you in place with a gun firing projectiles at speeds near and above mach 5, there is definetly going to be some force pushing you backwards, if the gun is aimed forwards.
              OK.

Comment

Oh ok. Well, it is entirley possible that there are more weapons that we haven't discovered, but as far as we know it only apears there are missiles and machine guns.

Owen Macri

Comment

I hope you enjoy it here!

Owen Macri
                  As i have said before most of the rail guns bullk is the seat and the power source and the F-302 should be able to use its naqadraia hyper drive or some form of naq generator to power a couple of rail weapons slung under the wing. As for at the mo probaly cannon of some kind as no US built fighter since Vietnam has not had them.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                  O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

It probaly has vulcan cannons and also seems to have amrams(i think thats the spelling).
                    Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                    Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                    - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                    - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Ya, now if we got rid of the seat and made them automated, we could fit a rail gun right in there.

Owen Macri

Comment

Not to flog a dead horse, but the same goes for firing a Vulcan cannon. In fact, given certain variables, a railgun could provide less recoil. Yes, less. While you often think "bigger is better" this is not always true with weapons ballistics. A thinner, faster projectile will give less recoil than a wider, slower projectile. See wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun for details.

I wish Colonel Everett had given the railgun's projectile velocity in meters per second, as projectiles are usually categorized. "Mach" is a very uncertain number depending upon your location, but if we presume he uses Mach 1 = 765 mph, then we can calculate the railguns fire a projectile at close to 1600mps. Most military "high-power rifles" do not exceed 2,000 mps (and the ones that do kick like a mule). If you want, the Wikipedia page has the equations necessary to calculate the recoil.

Comment

If you want, the Wikipedia page has the equations necessary to calculate the recoil.
                          Equations? You really only need one.

I don't see any weaponry on the 302 at all, nor any cowlings in the wings where they could be fired from, add to that the fact that Hammond implied that a 302 that has expended its ordinance is worthless. I believe the 302s only have missile hardpoints.
                          Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
                            If you want, the Wikipedia page has the equations necessary to calculate the recoil.
                            Equations? You really only need one.

I don't see any weaponry on the 302 at all, nor any cowlings in the wings where they could be fired from, add to that the fact that Hammond implied that a 302 that has expended its ordinance is worthless. I believe the 302s only have missile hardpoints.
                            Here's a shot of a 302 firing it's guns at the Daedalus' communications dish.

Not the best picture, but it definately has guns of some kind or another.
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I stand corrected.
                              Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Working...
                              X