This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - Jason Momoa - "Tempted" US TV 8/2 & 8/3

A movie that Jason Momoa co-starred in airs today in the US and is repeated tomorrow:

Tempted
    Tue Aug 02 6:45P on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network
    Wed Aug 03 11:39A on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network

Tempted (2003)
    LMN Aug 02 06:45pm Add to My Calendar
    Movies, 105 Mins.
    **+ (Rated NR) (Y)

A married woman becomes attracted to a young man after she takes the ashes of her nanny to Hawaii.

Cast: Virginia Madsen, Lainie Kazan, Jason Momoa, Andrew McFarlane, James Dean, Kieu Chinh, Mikhael Wilder.
    Director(s): Maggie Greenwald.
    Producer(s): Randy Sutter, Peter Sadowski .
    Writer(s): Vivienne Radkoff.
    Distribution: Columbia

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Well...good news. To my complete surprise, this was an interesting and entertaining movie -- it was even a one hankie movie, and despite being filmed in Australia when it was supposed to be Kauai, Hawaii, (and casting Lainie Kazan as a native Hawaiian - Oy!) -- I really enjoyed it.

Jason Momoa was also WAY too young (in age in real life -- 26) to believe that he had a 15-year-old screen son -- but what the heck, go for the movie magic. He's got long hair in this flick, but it's not in his current hairstyle.

Jason delivered a very nice performance. He can't help but have screen presence because of his height (6'5"), but he also has a very easy going manner, a lovely smile, beautiful eyes, oh heck say it, a nice bod, and his voice just resonates in your bones.

Oh, yeah, a plot. Yes, there was a plot. Somewhat convoluted a plot, but this was a made-for-tv movie for Lifetime Television, but I thought it was well written, directed with some finesse, and even handled with a bit of...honesty.

Which was refreshing.

Also much fun is the use of "Over The Rainbow" performed by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole several times in the movie. Lovely adaptation of the song.

Virginia Madsen also gives a knock out performance. She's great; I wish we'd see her in more movies and TV productions.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
      Oh, yeah, a plot. Yes, there was a plot. Somewhat convoluted a plot, but this was a made-for-tv movie for Lifetime Television, but I thought it was well written, directed with some finesse, and even handled with a bit of...honesty.

Morjana
      You forgot to mention what the plot was
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

A movie that Jason Momoa co-starred in airs today in the US and is repeated tomorrow:

Tempted
        Tue Aug 02 6:45P on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network
        Wed Aug 03 11:39A on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network

Tempted (2003)
        LMN Aug 02 06:45pm Add to My Calendar
        Movies, 105 Mins.
        **+ (Rated NR) (Y)

A married woman becomes attracted to a young man after she takes the ashes of her nanny to Hawaii.

Cast: Virginia Madsen, Lainie Kazan, Jason Momoa, Andrew McFarlane, James Dean, Kieu Chinh, Mikhael Wilder.
        Director(s): Maggie Greenwald.
        Producer(s): Randy Sutter, Peter Sadowski .
        Writer(s): Vivienne Radkoff.
        Distribution: Columbia

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana
        It is a good movie...I've seen it three times, and have it on tape..yeah I know your shocked LOL. Had to watch it several times because I was so taken with Momoa on screen, I didn't pay attention the first time to anything else but him...yes, I know your shocked again. LOL
        Purple's Biggest Fan
        A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          You forgot to mention what the plot was
          Oh...well, I didn't want to give EVERYTHING away about this movie...

Basic plot (as provided by Yahoo TV):

Complex plot:

The "nanny" turned out to be the best friend of the mother of the married woman (Virginia Madsen) -- and her mother isn't dead as she was told. Her mother (portrayed by Lainie Kazan), a native Hawaiian, fell in love with a US Naval Officer (originally from Boston old money) who was stationed in Hawaii, they married, returned to the States -- and the father-in-law was not pleased, and managed to convince the son to divorce the wife, and kept the mother from having custody of the child.

So, the mother moves back to Hawaii, and her best friend moves to the States to take care of the child as a "nanny" -- and even after the child grows up, loves the States (and the adult) so much, she stays, resisting the pleas of her family to return to Hawaii.

Virginia Madsen's character returns the nanny's ashes to Hawaii, finds out her dead mother isn't, is attracted to Jason Momoa (one very hot kissing scene), the Hawaiian family's ancestral land is being threatened by the sale of neighboring land by a guy who wants to build a housing development, Jason Momoa's character has a 15 year old son (very improbable, as 26 year old Momoa definitely did not look old enough to have a 15 year old screen son), Virginia Madsen's family (hubby and two kids - daughter and son) decide to fly to Hawaii after hubby finds daughter with boyfriend making out on living room sofa, Jason's son tells Virginia's daughter that her mom and his dad are an item, Virginia and mother fight, Virginia and her daughter fight, Virginia and her husband fight, Virginia's daugher and Virginia's mother fight, Virigina and Jason exchange hurt feelings, Jason's son and Virginia's daugher and son decide to go look at some fossils in a cave, a storm comes in and parents are concerned children are still outside in the storm and go looking for them, Jason's son is hurt, Virginia's daughter goes for help - leaving brother behind to watch Jason's hurt son, finds parents, rescues Jason's son, they discover not only the fossils but also that the cave houses an ancient burial ground for Hawaiians, so the land is protected and can't be sold for development purposes, the family's land is saved, moving funeral for nanny, Virginia and mother reconcile, Virginia and her hubby reconcile, Jason still loves Virginia but realizes she loves her hubby and wishes her well, movie ends.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I cant say that it seems enthralling
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              I cant say that it seems enthralling
              Well...that's the problem with revealing too much plot, as you miss all the other input -- the lovely music, the gorgeous cinematography (of Australia it turns out, not Hawaii where the movie was "located") -- of the landscape, flowers, fruit, insects, the beautiful Virgina Madsen (who has the best pair of legs...), the handsome Jason Momoa (who is TALL) and who has a wonderful speaking voice, the background of the Hawaiian culture, the swimming to the sea-water cave, the KISS and so on.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Oh great, I get hundreds of channels, got my new TV yesterday and I DON"T get the Lifetime Movie channel. FOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks anyway, it sounds like it would have great to watch.(sighs)
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Well...that's the problem with revealing too much plot, as you miss all the other input -- the lovely music, the gorgeous cinematography (of Australia it turns out, not Hawaii where the movie was "located") -- of the landscape, flowers, fruit, insects, the beautiful Virgina Madsen (who has the best pair of legs...), the handsome Jason Momoa (who is TALL) and who has a wonderful speaking voice, the background of the Hawaiian culture, the swimming to the sea-water cave, the KISS and so on.

Morjana
                  I never would have guessed it morjana, you ARE a romantic! I love it.

And thanks for the heads up on the movie!
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                  X