PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite Voyager Character

Skydiver
August 2nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Vote for your favorite Voyager Character

MartoufMarty
August 2nd, 2005, 10:16 AM
Umm.... Tom or Seven Of Nine, or the Doctor lol.

Qasim
August 2nd, 2005, 10:21 AM
Seven

.:Lemon:.
August 2nd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Robert Picardo as the Doctor :D

Vala
August 2nd, 2005, 11:17 AM
Umm.... Tom or Seven Of Nine, or the Doctor lol.
agreed... but i voted the doctor.

MartoufMarty
August 2nd, 2005, 12:19 PM
If Icheb was on the list, I would have so voted for him...

But, you don't so I voted for the Doctor :P

Qasim
August 2nd, 2005, 12:36 PM
You liked this guy http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Icheb

AGateFan
August 2nd, 2005, 01:14 PM
Doctor had some of the deepest characterization on the show... and hes a fricken hologram.

Qasim
August 2nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Remember how he used to get peeved when they forgot to turn him off

Wyrminarrd
August 2nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
Seven, but then I tended to think they were all rather sub-par.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 2nd, 2005, 02:15 PM
The Doc because he's a Kick-ass doctor

MartoufMarty
August 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
You liked this guy http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Icheb
Yes I did.

You got a problem with that??? :P

Kevin
August 2nd, 2005, 05:28 PM
The Doctor

It's interesting that a hologram had the most complex character

Out...

L-JADE
August 2nd, 2005, 05:53 PM
I vote for Janeway, mainly becasue she the only woman Captain of the series-franchise. The Doctor's good too, but he's kinda irritating for me same as Neelix.
THe second fave for me would be Tom Parish, he changed a lot during those years.

IMForeman
August 2nd, 2005, 07:05 PM
What, no Mezoti? ;)

I'd have to go with the Doctor. Not to be confused with THE Doctor.

-IMF

Perriman33
August 2nd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Yeah the doctor was pretty cool, the characters all had their moments!

rolleson
August 3rd, 2005, 12:38 AM
I voted for Janeway. She was completely my favourite. But I used to have a bit of a thing for her.

The Doctor was a great character.

Hywel
August 3rd, 2005, 12:47 AM
Nobody's voted for Chakotay yet! :D I wasn't aware how disgruntled Beltran was with the show until recently. Has anyone seen this (http://www.firsttvdrama.com/funstuff/beltran.html)? This (http://www.firsttvdrama.com/funstuff/voyagen.html) was pretty darned funny too.

Willow'sCat
August 3rd, 2005, 12:55 AM
Easy one, Seven of Nine. :D

rolleson
August 3rd, 2005, 01:03 AM
Nobody's voted for Chakotay yet! :D I wasn't aware how disgruntled Beltran was with the show until recently. Has anyone seen this (http://www.firsttvdrama.com/funstuff/beltran.html)? This (http://www.firsttvdrama.com/funstuff/voyagen.html) was pretty darned funny too.

I love the Gripe Genenrator. Very funny.

tsaxlady
August 3rd, 2005, 01:34 AM
Captain Janeway gets my vote

Egeria
August 3rd, 2005, 01:46 AM
Couldn't decide between Seven and the doctor......voted for Seven in the end.:)

MarshAngel
August 3rd, 2005, 07:38 AM
I voted for Seven but I can't believe I forgot about Tom Paris. Tom was great. Having to make a choice between them all though, made me realize that despite my loving the show I wasn't very in love with most of the characters. There are a lot of "didn't bother me" classifications, but Tom and Seven I actually liked. The doctor could be annoying at times... somewhat like McKay. Tuvok, Janeway, Torres, Kes all fall into the "didn't bother me" category. Chakotay was a yawn and Harry was a little too wide-eyed innocent.

the_cadpig
August 3rd, 2005, 08:06 AM
Had to go with Seven on this one. She was just so straight forward - often with very humorous results (kinda like Data). This line was the clincher, I think, when she's talking to B'lanna about her off duty *cough* activities with Tom.

"There is no one on Deck Nine, Section 12 who doesn't know when you're having intimate relations."

That just about killed me. Loved Seven. Loved, loved, loved her. :)

CeeKay Sheppard
August 5th, 2005, 11:47 PM
I voted for Janeway for the same reason I picked her in the Favorite Captain poll: she represents how far we have advanced in the last half century.

Carl
August 6th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Captain Janeway is my favourite, the Doctor comes in close second and 7of9 is third.

the Fifth Race
August 6th, 2005, 05:39 AM
1) the Dr.
2) 7 of 9
3) Harry Kim
4) Tuvok
5) Janeway

Manic
August 6th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I voted for the Doctor. He was one of the best developed characters on the show.

Has anyone seen this (http://www.firsttvdrama.com/funstuff/beltran.html)? This (http://www.firsttvdrama.com/funstuff/voyagen.html) was pretty darned funny too.
"When a series of events strands Voyager in a Nebulae, Neelix must detonate an ion flux resonator and put feelings for a crewmember aside."

"When the Voyager is hijacked, Chakotay must negotiate with the Borg and overcome a fear of the dark."

And my personal favorite...

"When the Delta Flyer crashes, Harry Kim must perform a risky move and perform a risky move."

Gregorius
August 6th, 2005, 12:06 PM
The Doctor :D He's one of the best character in Star Trek.

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 12:11 PM
1) Janeway
2) Tom (RDMcN hugged me!!!!!)
3) B'elanna
4) Harry
5) Tuvok
6) The Doctor
7) Chakotay
8) Neelix (EP Hugged me too!)
9) Kes
10) Seven

Fave recurring roles - Icheb, Dr Chaotica (hee hee :P) and REGINALD BROCOLLI (lol...who also hugged me!)

blueiris
August 7th, 2005, 07:24 PM
I voted for Chakotay becaue he didn't have any votes. :( However, he does tie for my favorite with Parris. To be honest, I loved all of the characters on Voyager and miss them terribly. Can I vote for "The Cast"?

Cpt Larraq
August 7th, 2005, 08:50 PM
I noticed that the "No one" option is conspicuously absent from this poll.

Liam Kincaid
August 7th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Why was Q left off the list? Wasn't he on Voyager? Maybe not. I'm not sure. I know he was in more than one Trek series. If he was on Voyager, he gets my vote.

Qasim
August 8th, 2005, 02:53 AM
I copied the list from Wikipedia ask them why

SISKO
September 3rd, 2005, 01:34 AM
best voyager character? are u kidding me? these people are all re-hashes of of old characters with absolutley no depth of characterisation, the only one with any real depth was seven of nine , and maybe the doctor to, they deserevd to be on a better show

Ascended Times.2
September 3rd, 2005, 04:10 AM
How can you not love the little champ, Harry kim, the ensign that could :)
lol I always admired Harry and was always ticked of fwhen he did something REAALY sdmiral and didn't get promoted...

Anubis69
September 3rd, 2005, 01:46 PM
I say seven. Either that or the doctor. Well, anyway, i voted for seven! She had style!

1DanielForMe
September 4th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Kes! She was so sweet! I really loved the relationship between her and Neelix as well!

SlytherinGal
September 4th, 2005, 11:40 PM
I, of course, voted for Harry...I also liked Tom, Chakotay and Janeway. I loved the season two episode Resolutions...(yes I was a Janeway/Chakotay shipper)...I was also a Tom/B'Elanna shipper :p...I still have a few eppys taped too and I had many favorites

Qasim
September 25th, 2005, 04:59 AM
I noticed that the "No one" option is conspicuously absent from this poll.Thats the 'stay out of this thread' option

Naeara
September 25th, 2005, 09:50 AM

That gripe generator was hilarious. :D

My favourite was the Doctor.

Darth Buddha
September 25th, 2005, 10:10 AM
What struck me is how POOR most of the characters in Voyager were. Janeway was a cartoonish rendering of Kirk with a dash of Picard. Chakotay was a dud. Ensign Kim was a dud. Tuvok was a dud. Kes was a dud. Neelix was just annoying. That's more than half the cast right there!

When I contrast that to, say, Deep Space Nine, where I'm hard pressed to call anyone a dud (and if I did, it would be Cirroc Lofton's "Jake Cisco", who just happens to be the BEST child character I've seen in a science fiction series prior to LOST). Even their regular GUEST characters were more interesting than most of Voyager's crew.

After all, who would you rather eat lunch with? Garak or Tuvok? Ducat or Kes? Kai Winn or Maj Kulla (sp?)? In all cases,the more interesting lunch for me would be with the DS9 characters.

Given that Star Trek Enterprise ALSO had a lot of weak or poorly developed characters, I'm suspecting that weak characters are Bermaga's trademark. Braga's "Threshold" has only ONE interesting character by my standards so far (Spiner's), so if there's a dearth of depth in "Threshold" then it will be three for three on the dud parade for Braga.

N8ball88
September 25th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Robert Picardo as the Doctor :D

I agree! :D

Jeffer
September 25th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Seven or Tom

Mrs Caldwell
May 23rd, 2007, 04:01 AM
Chakotay.
Love the tat.

MB.Eddie
May 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Only mid way through season 3 atm, so will save my vote until i'm finished, but the Doctor and Tuvok are my favourites so far :cool:

Missster.Freeman
May 23rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
The totally snarktastic Emergency Medical Holographic program.

sueKay
May 23rd, 2007, 05:34 PM
I have no idea who's my fave anymore lol!

Can I be awkward and say I like Ensign Vorik best...he's the most pissed off Vulcan ever...I be his internally mantra is "Why me...why me and 140 humans...curse you Surak!"

Trek_Girl42
May 23rd, 2007, 06:57 PM
The Doctor without doubt. Wonderfully snarky and sarcastic, easily the most developed character on the show.

Oranos
May 24th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Finally finished watching Voyager. I thought that Tuvok, Harry Kim, Kes, and the Doctor were all quite good. In the end, however, and after much debate, Harry Kim eventually won my vote.

Col.SamanthaCarter
May 26th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I voted for B'Elanna :D....2 of my other favorites are Tom and The Doctor

Col. Shadow Quinn
May 27th, 2007, 12:54 PM
EMH, Seven of Nine, Lt. Barclay, Lt. Torres, Admiral Paris, The dying person on the USS Prometheus, etc...

poundpuppy29
June 1st, 2007, 11:31 AM
I can't choose between B'Lanna and Tom they are who I watched for when I watched occasionally.

lifeistoobrevis
June 5th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Definitely Janeway. Coming in at 2nd and 3rd are Harry & the Doc.

jds1982
June 8th, 2007, 08:08 AM
What no votes for Neelix?! I am simply shocked!

TheNarims
June 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM
It is definately Janeway for me too.

poundpuppy29
June 8th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I chose B'Lanna I liked her spirit.

Trek_Girl42
June 17th, 2007, 05:03 PM
What no votes for Neelix?! I am simply shocked!
LMAO.....actually, according to my Dad he's the only remotely interesting-sounding character on Voyager (aside from 7). Of course he's never watched a full episode. :P

Missster.Freeman
June 18th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Your dad obviously hasn't seen him serve up his infamous Alfarian Hair Pasta yet. :P

Integrabyte
June 18th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Seven of Nine. I was on the floor laughing when she played the EMH :). Could not stop laughing afterwards ;).

Skydiver, dear, you have a typo in your poll. EMH Mark 1 ;).

gopher65
June 18th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Having to make a choice between them all though, made me realize that despite my loving the show I wasn't very in love with most of the characters.

I had this same experience. Going up and down this list I was under-whelmed. Most of the characters didn't bother me, and most (maybe all) had some good episodes, but no one really stood out. They were just kinda "ehhh" for me.

The characters I liked the best were probably Harry Kim, Chakotay, Seven of Nine, and The Doctor (I voted for Doc). But even among them, Harry didn't have enough episodes for me to really like, The Doctor could be very annoying at times, Seven of Nine was almost always wearing a skin-tight suit, which bugged me (and she looked hotter in a science officer uniform anyway), and Chakotay's character was far too subservient to Captain Janeway.

I really liked that episode where Captain Janeway goes crazy and tries to kill someone (Equinox part 2 I think it was called), and Chakotay defies orders and goes and saves the guy. THAT is what I wanted from him. Someone who was willing to stand up for himself, and his former crewmates. Instead he whimped out most of the time:(. That displeased me.

Commander Ivanova
June 18th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Another vote for the Doc. The Trek writers certainly knew how to make their less-than-human characters, whether android or hologram, more human than most.

jmw326
June 18th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I have always been a big fan of Chakotay.

BeckettRulez
June 20th, 2007, 07:05 AM
The Doctor of course! I loved him and still enjoy Robert Picardo in Stargate. You can't beat the Doctor in my opinion;-)

Lady Vaako
June 21st, 2007, 09:37 AM
I voted for Janeway. She was a kickass captain and she brought a dimension the job that only a woman could bring. Second would be Seven and then the Doctor even if he could be slightly annoying and totally full of himself at times.:)

General David Niemi
July 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Barclay! Then Q, then the Doc (Robert Picardo is good in Stargate SG1 as Richard Woosley :))

Ozzy O'NeiLL
August 28th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Mine is Robert Picardo as The Doctor, with Captain Janeway as a close second. Without them there would be no Voyager.

Chakotay was pretty 'tresting too, and somehow I always secretly liked the idea of a Janeway/Chakotay ship. Can't help it...

Other than those, I always had a thing for Kes, but not Neelix.

Seven of Nine was a bit overused near the end imo, and I felt she was more there for the sex appeal or something... but what the hey.

Overall, a very good cast. :)

MB.Eddie
August 28th, 2007, 08:24 AM
My top 3 favourites are the EMH doc, Seven of Nine and B`Elanna Torres. I'll vote for the Doc, as he was probably the most consistent.

August 28th, 2007, 08:41 AM
its close between Tom Paris and Reg Barclay, mostly biased because i have a friend named Dom Parris, and my real name is R. Barclay, but i've had to go for Paris.

Lonnie
August 30th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I voted for B'Elanna. I just loved her, especially her fights with Seven.

Seven, Voyager's eye candy. Another one of my favorite characters, although I really hated those damn biosuits! (except for the dark red one *cough*.....)

Kathryn rocks, and so does the Doctor and Kes. Oh, and Harry of course. (when I think of Harry I always have to think of this scene with Seven *g* "Take off your clothes." His expression is priceless xD "Don't be alarmed, I won't hurt you." lol)

Tom and Chakotay are the only ones from the VOY crew that I don't like. Although I have to admit that I liked J/C. I still don't get the whole C/7 thing they threw in near the end. oO

Franklyn Blaze
August 30th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I voted for the doctor. He was very funny, and had lots of depth for a simulation who was only supposed to work for a day or two.

macktheknife
August 31st, 2007, 08:43 AM
See avatar.

This (http://www.firsttvdrama.com/funstuff/voyagen.html) was pretty darned funny too.

"When a Shuttlecraft crashes, Chakotay must escape the Vidiians and avoid an alien hunting party."

I'm sure that was a late season plot.

Ozzy O'NeiLL
September 2nd, 2007, 07:18 AM
Hey!

I thought I'd mention that I've finished my university paper about a comparison between Captain Janeway, President Laura Roslin from Battlestar Galactica and Dr. Weir from SG: Atlantis, and I must say I'm quite happy with the result.

I got a few ideas to include her from this thread, and I felt I should let you in on the fun ;) So before I start retelling the entire paper, I'd like to invite you to read it, so PM me if you want me to mail it to you. That way I might even get to talk to some of you more, as I'm not on here much, and I don't have much (read: almost no) fellow sci-fi fans, sadly, so be my guest.

Cheers!

Pink Galaxy
September 11th, 2007, 08:04 AM
I voted for B`Elanna Torres
But I also like Captain Janeway, the Docter and Kes

Spirit
May 26th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry but how in the world did the doctor out voted Janeway and 7 Of 9? Well considering that he was the most annoying, arrogant, idiotic, smart yet..did I mention obnoxious character? :P Sure enough for a hologram, he had a lot of storyline. :P

the fifth man
May 27th, 2009, 05:21 PM
The Doctor, definitely. Hands down my favorite character.

nx01a
May 27th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I was torn between the Doctor and 7/9... but I had to vote for Kes. The catsuit, the psychokinesis, the hair... Mmm. :D Also, I loved how her character evolved over the first 3 seasons. She came into her own, she went from being a child into a capable [and beautiful] woman.

Ncc-72452
May 27th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Tom Paris.

I'm a sucker for redemption stories. Unfortunately, his just kinda drifted away, like so many of the good ideas in Voyager.

nx01a
May 27th, 2009, 07:02 PM
He got a wife. child. friends, respect, a relapse, respect... That's a complete redemption story right there. ;) What more could they have done with him?

Ncc-72452
May 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
He got a wife. child. friends, respect, a relapse, respect... That's a complete redemption story right there. ;) What more could they have done with him?

Coulda done without that specific wife (Torres was not my favorite character; I would have preferred literally any other female lead, past or present) or the relapse (I hated 30 days, especially the fact that Janeway came down so hard on him when just about every other senior staff member betrayed her in exactly the same way, yet they were not demoted).

Believe me, they could have done WAY more with him. They did a lot with him in the first 3 seasons, but after that, he just sorta became the defacto troublemaker who rarely had a chance to shine. The light was too busy shining on Janeway, Seven, and the Doctor.

Seriously, name one ep after Season 3 where he saved the day. The only one I can think of is "Dark Frontier" when he flew the Flyer against the Borg and was key in Janeway's showdown with the Queen.

Pharaoh Atem
May 27th, 2009, 07:27 PM
mr. Woolsey

nx01a
May 27th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I loved how Paris stood by Torres [Lineage], even when he didn't know who she was, much less that her unborn child was his [Workforce]. Natural Law [ugh] had him fly to the rescue, literally. :) I'm sure there're other instances I'm missing, but Tom just got happy.
As for Tom betraying Janeway and trying to do good for the artificial environment... Sure, Tuvok and everyone else on the senior staff should have been demoted and imprisoned for giving up the federation database for that spacial folding technology [Prime Factors], but, by the time Tom went all Abyss, he had become a trusted member of the crew, making his betrayal even more hurtful.
Sidenote: He's got my respect just for re-writing the Doctor's holonovel and giving us the wonderful world of the USS Voyeur [Author, Author ]. :)

Alder
May 28th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Sidenote: He's got my respect just for re-writing the Doctor's holonovel and giving us the wonderful world of the USS Voyeur [Author, Author ]. :)
That's one of my favourite things ever. The awful noxious comb-over he gives the Doctor...:D

jelgate
May 28th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I swear I must be the only one who liked Kes

Spirit
May 28th, 2009, 03:27 PM
nooo...not the doctor... he's annoying :P and arrogant :P maybe that's why ppl like him? HAHA

Alder
May 28th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I swear I must be the only one who liked Kes
I have to admit, she did grow on me. Season three Kes is probably my favourite.

But I suspect part of it was just finding the Kes/Neelix relationship...ikky. For want of a better word. :rolleyes: It creeped me out a little, and I wasn't terribly fond of him at the best of times.
After she'd ditched him, though...yeah. I think I could've grown to like her more if she'd stayed.

jelgate
May 28th, 2009, 03:32 PM
The Neelix/Kes ship made no sense. Their was never any chemistry between those two. But her curioisty and compassion made me like Kes.

nx01a
May 28th, 2009, 04:38 PM
The Neelix/Kes ship made no sense. Their was never any chemistry between those two. But her curioisty and compassion made me like Kes.

I swear I must be the only one who liked KesI was #4. You're #5. :D
I completely agree with her curiosity and compassion being definite +s, as are her... other attributes I mentioned on the previous page in stating my reasons for liking her best.

Ncc-72452
May 28th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I loved how Paris stood by Torres [Lineage], even when he didn't know who she was, much less that her unborn child was his [Workforce]. Natural Law [ugh] had him fly to the rescue, literally. :) I'm sure there're other instances I'm missing, but Tom just got happy.

I guess how I hated that Paris could never have an episode to himself. Any episode that "featured" him almost always had Torres heavily in it as well. And when she wasn't in it, he was in trouble.

Natural Law [double ugh] had him save the "native" inhabitants from the other native inhabitants. That was thrilling (sarcasm). However, I will say that the Paris arc of that ep. is, IMO, it's only redeeming quality.

As for Tom betraying Janeway and trying to do good for the artificial environment... Sure, Tuvok and everyone else on the senior staff should have been demoted and imprisoned for giving up the federation database for that spacial folding technology [Prime Factors], but, by the time Tom went all Abyss, he had become a trusted member of the crew, making his betrayal even more hurtful.

Ahhh... You forget Chacotay stealing a shuttle (just like Tom) in "Maneuvers" (Season 2) to go after Seska. He also stole the quantum resonance oscillator and violated orders. Janeway's reaction: No big. Don't do it again.

The Doctor pretty much committed treason in "Flesh and Blood" (Season 7, which is far after they'd become so close as a crew) to help his holographic buddies. He disobeyed orders (just like Tom) and even gave Voyager's shield freqs to an enemy combatant (Tom never endangered the ship). Janeway's reaction: No big. Don't do it again. I won't even take your holographic emitter for say, 30 days, because it's apparently a good thing that he can be fallible just like everyone else.

You already mentioned Tuvok, but he was accompanied by Torres.

Who does some no-nos in an ep you haven't seen yet, so I won't spoil it :).

Lord, I could write an entire essay on what Seven of Nine got away with...

Neelix tried to steal from the ship and got involved in a murder (inadvertently) so that he could get a map. Janeway's reaction: No big deal. Don't do it again.

So, what was so egregious about Paris's stunt in "Thirty Days" that warranted both a demotion and brig time, especially in light of what everyone else has gotten away with?

No argument here. I laughed and laughed and laughed...

nx01a
May 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I guess how I hated that Paris could never have an episode to himself. Any episode that "featured" him almost always had Torres heavily in it as well. And when she wasn't in it, he was in trouble.
I'll have to check my notes and confirm or deny. :D
Natural Law [double ugh] had him save the "native" inhabitants from the other native inhabitants. That was thrilling (sarcasm). However, I will say that the Paris arc of that ep. is, IMO, it's only redeeming quality.
Tom's story was the highlight, definitely. A comedic episode about his trials and tribble-ations at the hands of the driving instructor would have been hilarious, cgi-filled, and featured no more than 5 minutes of 7/9 befriending a native girl.;)
Ahhh... You forget Chacotay stealing a shuttle (just like Tom) in "Maneuvers" (Season 2) to go after Seska. He also stole the quantum resonance oscillator and violated orders. Janeway's reaction: No big. Don't do it again.
Wasn't that to go get his baby mama? No... that was to get a traitor who then made herself 'his' baby mama. He was the 2nd in command. Putting him in irons might have led to a Maquid revolt... Which i would have really enjoyed, but still...
The Doctor pretty much committed treason in "Flesh and Blood" (Season 7, which is far after they'd become so close as a crew) to help his holographic buddies. He disobeyed orders (just like Tom) and even gave Voyager's shield freqs to an enemy combatant (Tom never endangered the ship). Janeway's reaction: No big. Don't do it again. I won't even take your holographic emitter for say, 30 days, because it's apparently a good thing that he can be fallible just like everyone else.
The poor Doctor had to choose between his friends and his 'family' or race. He chose wrong, of course... While I'm sure confining him to sick bay would be an effective torture, you don't want the man/machine administering your cortical stimulation to be mad at you and have cabin fever.;)
You already mentioned Tuvok, but he was accompanied by Torres.
I believe I said, "Tuvok and the rest of the senior staff." ;)
Who does some no-nos in an ep you haven't seen yet, so I won't spoil it :).
Why, thank you. Though now I KNOW that there're no-nos.:)
Lord, I could write an entire essay on what Seven of Nine got away with...
I can sum it up in a single episode title and word: 'Prey'. Murder.
Neelix tried to steal from the ship and got involved in a murder (inadvertently) so that he could get a map. Janeway's reaction: No big deal. Don't do it again.
We don't care for this Neelix.
So, what was so egregious about Paris's stunt in "Thirty Days" that warranted both a demotion and brig time, especially in light of what everyone else has gotten away with?
Can't think of one other than they thought he was past such juvenile acts and he really let everyone down.
No argument here. I laughed and laughed and laughed...Ok. You started me laughing again. Had to rewatch it. :D

Spirit
May 28th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I have to admit, she did grow on me. Season three Kes is probably my favourite.

But I suspect part of it was just finding the Kes/Neelix relationship...ikky. For want of a better word. :rolleyes: It creeped me out a little, and I wasn't terribly fond of him at the best of times.
After she'd ditched him, though...yeah. I think I could've grown to like her more if she'd stayed.

I liked her too... but no they have to replace her with 7 of 9 @[email protected] I don't know what I feel about 7 of 9. Why do they have to make her boobs so round and big? Even she said that it was so overly dramatic. HAHA

Where's all the Janeway supporters? The Doctor cannot out poll Janeway...NOOOO

Spirit
May 28th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Oh I like episode 513 - Gravity.. The Volkan master said "Emotions can be a powerful tool, to deny its existence is illogical. But you must learn to control them."

Alan Wake
May 28th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I liked her too... but no they have to replace her with 7 of 9 @[email protected] I don't know what I feel about 7 of 9. Why do they have to make her boobs so round and big? Even she said that it was so overly dramatic. HAHA

Where's all the Janeway supporters? The Doctor cannot out poll Janeway...NOOOO

I came on this thread, and voted for Janeway without thinking. If i could take my vote back, I'd give it to the doctor.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Janeway, But the doctor really made the show for me. He was such a likable, and fun character. I think he grew more then anyone else over the 7 years. Which is funny, because he's not even really alive.

Spirit
May 28th, 2009, 09:26 PM
i came on this thread, and voted for janeway without thinking. If i could take my vote back, i'd give it to the doctor.

Don't get me wrong, i loved janeway, but the doctor really made the show for me. He was such a likable, and fun character. I think he grew more then anyone else over the 7 years. Which is funny, because he's not even really alive.

nooooo

diana6echo
May 29th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I haven't seen Voyager for ages and the only character thata I remember is Cpt. Janeway so my vote goes for her. She reminds me of my aunt :lol:

Ulkesh47
May 29th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I love the Gripe Genenrator. Very funny.
Yeah. I love hearing about Robert Beltran's frustration.

I picked The Doctor, because he's The Doctor.

Col.Foley
May 29th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Oh tommy boy :D

Spirit
May 29th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I haven't seen Voyager for ages and the only character thata I remember is Cpt. Janeway so my vote goes for her. She reminds me of my aunt :lol:

Alright! one more vote for Janeway! :P

pinielf
May 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
The Holographic Doctor

maneth
June 7th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Tuvok followed by Harry Kim and Janeway. I have a thing for inscrutable Vulcans.

Thunder Hawk
June 7th, 2009, 01:18 PM
i'm split between the doc and seven of nine. but other all i pretty much liked everyone.

i missed kes in the later seasons

Sp!der
June 8th, 2009, 01:59 AM
not seen much episodes of voyager but always enjoyed the doctor ;)

Spirit
June 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
The doctor sure did got a lot of storyline for a hologram. I just finished watching 'Renaissance' - yes, another episode about 'The Doctor.' It's ridiculous how he was not punished for his foolish act. He should never have been given ECH. His character has his charms but some of the things they have written for him is so overly ridiculous. And I love how people never bothered to discipline the doctor for his wrong doing, instead just ignored it and accepted him. Yikes.

Michael'sQueen
June 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I am torn between Tom and Harrry, but everyone elso I like fairly evenly. There are certain characters I could see myself gravitating towards, though.
Also, Icheb should be in this poll, dispite the fact that he is a recurring character.

Spirit
June 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I am torn between Tom and Harrry, but everyone elso I like fairly evenly. There are certain characters I could see myself gravitating towards, though.
Also, Icheb should be in this poll, dispite the fact that he is a recurring character.

lol Icheb... I always thought his name was spelled Egypt... He was quite a charming character.

The Prof
June 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
people actually liked Janeway?

jelgate
June 14th, 2009, 05:25 PM

Yes. I loved Janeway as captain.

Fenrir Foxz
June 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Seven of Nine. I thought her growth as a person during her time on Voyager was done well.

Descent
June 14th, 2009, 05:42 PM

Yep. I am somewhere in the middle. Liked/lover her at times, but other times... not so much.

The Prof
June 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
her voice was jsut so annoying and she rarely seemed authentic

Alan Wake
June 14th, 2009, 09:55 PM
her voice was jsut so annoying and she rarely seemed authentic

I don't know, I'm finding Sisko's voice on DS9 more hard to deal with. It's just... the deepness. hehe.

i found her to be the best captain out of all the star trek shows. She seemed more than authentic to me.

Spirit
June 15th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I don't know, I'm finding Sisko's voice on DS9 more hard to deal with. It's just... the deepness. hehe.

i found her to be the best captain out of all the star trek shows. She seemed more than authentic to me.

Bravo! Well, her voice is unique but i came to accept the character :D She's great.

katjoy
June 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM
hard decision but in the end i voted for BLT, she was great...

also huge fan of chakotay, janeway, tom and the doc...

Mr.MacGadget
June 19th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I voted for Janeway - she's epic! :D - but The Doctor would be my second choice, actually he's the reason why I felt in love with Voyager, and Seven, such a great character! Those episodes, about her, clearly some of the best moments of Voyager, very special, interesting story.

Thunder Hawk
June 22nd, 2009, 05:44 AM

nothing wrong with a female as captain

nx01a
June 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
I don't think people had a problem with a woman as captain any more than a black man as captain. I think it was what her character did moreso than the sex. Personally, I love Janeway. She in a 3-way 2nd place tie for best captain, after Picard at #1, of course.

Ncc-72452
June 22nd, 2009, 05:06 PM
I don't think people had a problem with a woman as captain any more than a black man as captain. I think it was what her character did moreso than the sex. Personally, I love Janeway. She in a 3-way 2nd place tie for best captain, after Picard at #1, of course.

LOL

:indeed:

nx01a
June 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
1. Picard
2. Archer/Janeway/Sisko
3. Kirk.;)

I loved the relationship between Janeway and Kes. It was the little girl who idolizes her mother and the mother who opens her daughter's eyes to new possibilities and options for personal growth. Of course, that relationship continued with Janeway and 7/9, who was the rebel teenaged daughter torn between wanting to be like and hating her mother.

jelgate
June 22nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
Kirk's my 3rd favourite, of course. :D

Poor Archer. No one likes him except maybe Porthos:P

nx01a
June 22nd, 2009, 05:30 PM
I edited. See my ratings above. ;) I have much Archer-love.

Alan Wake
June 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
Everyone seems to love the Doctor.

Not much fight on him being a good character.

Ryan24
June 22nd, 2009, 07:19 PM
The Doctor :cool:

Spirit
June 22nd, 2009, 11:48 PM
I vote for Janeway, mainly becasue she the only woman Captain of the series-franchise. The Doctor's good too, but he's kinda irritating for me same as Neelix.
THe second fave for me would be Tom Parish, he changed a lot during those years.

finally someone agrees with me...the doc is charming..'cough' bout irritating. :)

Caldwell's 2IC
July 11th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I voted for Chakotay ( what the heck, I like the guy :D ), but I wish he was more like the other executive officers: Spock, Number One, T'Pol and Kira were great characters, more equal to their captains than Chakotay ever was. I don't know, maybe because he was in love with Janeway, but that's my humble opinion.

Alan Wake
July 17th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I voted for Chakotay ( what the heck, I like the guy :D ), but I wish he was more like the other executive officers: Spock, Number One, T'Pol and Kira were great characters, more equal to their captains than Chakotay ever was. I don't know, maybe because he was in love with Janeway, but that's my humble opinion.

I don't think he was in love with her, they were just really good friends.

Thinking about them two in a relationship seems a little bit creppy too.

katjoy
July 18th, 2009, 03:23 AM

i think chakotay was a great character and had so much potential... i think the reason that he was sidelined is because they didnt what to over shaddow janeway as star treks first female captain... so they kinda lost that balance they had between captain and first officer in the other series...

which is a shame because janeway was also a great character, and the dynamic those two had was well written, its my fave character relationship of the franchise...

I don't think he was in love with her, they were just really good friends.

Thinking about them two in a relationship seems a little bit creppy too.

chakotay definately had feelings for janeway...

in resolutions [s2] chakotay was embarrased to tell her the story of what she means to him... there was a definate awkward moment when he was giving her the neck rub...

and then in shattered janeway asks chakotay if they were more then friends, because she got that vibe, but he said that they have never crossed that line...

i reckon chakotay was jealous when janeway was dating the hologram in fair haven and spirit spoke... i also think janeway was somewhat jealous if not merely offput when she found out -

chakotay married 7 in endgame...

and those are the more obvious moments off the top of my head...

it would have made much more sense to me if chakotay had been paired with janeway then 7... granted they werent going to do that because janeway is the captain... but chakotay and 7 just didnt make any sense...

Michael'sQueen
July 21st, 2009, 03:04 PM
In the pocket book series for voyager, it shows that Janeway and Chakotay are very much in love with each other and always dismissed their feelings due to rank.

nx01a
July 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM
It was obvious that 7/9 and Janeway were in love. :)

Teslan
July 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
<snip>...but chakotay and 7 just didnt make any sense...

THANK YOU! Glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt that was a little awkward

jelgate
July 22nd, 2009, 07:18 AM
I think 90% of the fandom saw that

Linda06
July 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
chakotay and 7 just didnt make any sense...

Now as anyone who knows me will tell you, i'm a shipper, a big shipper...But geez way to go clutching a romance outta thin air here :mckay: I still ftind myself scratching my head wondering where this came from...It just.....Appeared :confused:

Descent
July 22nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Now as anyone who knows me will tell you, i'm a shipper, a big shipper...But geez way to go clutching a romance outta thin air here :mckay: I still ftind myself scratching my head wondering where this came from...It just.....Appeared :confused:

And it was a terrible pairing as well. Those two didn't go together at all to me. :S

Seven/The Doc made more sense and Janeway/Chakotay made more sense (even though that would be a crazy thing to attempt, imo).

Linda06
July 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
And it was a terrible pairing as well. Those two didn't go together at all to me. :S

Seven/The Doc made more sense and Janeway/Chakotay made more sense (even though that would be a crazy thing to attempt, imo).

Yes, see the doctor/seven I would have understood. They had so many scenes together and great chemistry. But Chakotay barely tolerated seven since she came aboard so I don't understand where or when he changed his mind and ended up loving her :confused: The didn't really have many scenes together either if I recall correctly. It was so confusing to say the least.

jelgate
July 22nd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Yes, see the doctor/seven I would have understood. They had so many scenes together and great chemistry. But Chakotay barely tolerated seven since she came aboard so I don't understand where or when he changed his mind and ended up loving her :confused: The didn't really have many scenes together either if I recall correctly. It was so confusing to say the least.

Their is a rumor that the Seven/Chakatoy ship was because a dare made by Robert Beltram. The rumor goes that Beltram dared Braga that he didn't have the guts to put a romantic scene between Chakotay and Seven because at the time because Braga was dating Jeri Ryan. But like all rumors who know how much truth their is to that

Linda06
July 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Their is a rumor that the Seven/Chakatoy ship was because a dare made by Robert Beltram. The rumor goes that Beltram dared Braga that he didn't have the guts to put a romantic scene between Chakotay and Seven because at the time because Braga was dating Jeri Ryan. But like all rumors who know how much truth their is to that

I thought the dare was about the kiss? That he dared him that he wouldn't put a kiss in there?

jelgate
July 22nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
I thought the dare was about the kiss? That he dared him that he wouldn't put a kiss in there?

Well you need a reason behind the kiss or it just looks stupid. Not that Seven/Chakotay was a smart idea to begin with

Linda06
July 22nd, 2009, 10:40 AM
Well you need a reason behind the kiss or it just looks stupid. Not that Seven/Chakotay was a smart idea to begin with

But there wasn't any romance, it was dinner then the kiss...That was it :p

HOLY HANNA, is this even worse than *gulp* Mc....Mc....McKeller :eek: naaaaaa that's not possible :p

katjoy
July 23rd, 2009, 02:19 AM

yep that was why chakotay and 7 ended up together out of nowhere...

Robert Beltran: I remember having a conversation with her and I said I guess now that you're with Brannon, there won't be any Chakotay/Seven of Nine kissing scenes. We can throw that idea out the window. She said, "I'm going to tell him what you said." I said, "Tell him. Tell him. Maybe he'll take me up on the challenge." It took a long time.

braga wanted to prove to robert he wasnt jealous of his then girlfriend kissing robert on screen - who lets face it is HOT ;)

it was however stupid to create a relationship out of it... as a stand alone episode 7 experimenting with romance with a holographic chakotay would have satisfied the dare without creating feelings in chakotay that simply didnt exist...

but i think most trekkers will agree that the chakotay/7 pairing was not a smart one...

jelgate
July 23rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
But there wasn't any romance, it was dinner then the kiss...That was it :p

HOLY HANNA, is this even worse than *gulp* Mc....Mc....McKeller :eek: naaaaaa that's not possible :p

Of coure Chakotay/seven was worse. McKeller had development. Poor and inproper development but development none the less. In Chakotay/Seven their was absolutely no development.

Linda06
July 23rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Of coure Chakotay/seven was worse. McKeller had development. Poor and inproper development but development none the less. In Chakotay/Seven their was absolutely no development.

McKeller had development :confused: hmmm lest seee, they had a drink together a few months ago.......Then Rodney declared his love months later...Nothing in between...Yeah I can se where the development was :p

Descent
July 23rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
McKeller had development :confused: hmmm lest seee, they had a drink together a few months ago.......Then Rodney declared his love months later...Nothing in between...Yeah I can se where the development was :p

I think Jel's right in that there was an actual hint of them possibly getting together as far back as Trio. With Chakotay/Seven, it was like "what... where... why??" :eek: :P

Teslan
July 23rd, 2009, 09:25 AM

Oh, you had the whole Rodney and Ronon are jealous of each other routine going on for what felt like forever, so at least you were aware that these guys knew of Keller's existence.

I remember watching the last season of Voyager and being like "What just happened here? Did I miss a whole bunch of shipping scenes?":mckay:

As someone who will ignore a ship if I don't approve, I honestly felt like I had just been oblivious of the whole thing. This was by far the worst Trek pairing of any series, IMO.

Linda06
July 23rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
I think Jel's right in that there was an actual hint of them possibly getting together as far back as Trio. With Chakotay/Seven, it was like "what... where... why??" :eek: :P

Oh, you had the whole Rodney and Ronon are jealous of each other routine going on for what felt like forever, so at least you were aware that these guys knew of Keller's existence.

I remember watching the last season of Voyager and being like "What just happened here? Did I miss a whole bunch of shipping scenes?":mckay:

As someone who will ignore a ship if I don't approve, I honestly felt like I had just been oblivious of the whole thing. This was by far the worst Trek pairing of any series, IMO.

ahhhh but the whole triangle from hell thing didn't happen till Rodney so suddenly declared his love for Keller out of the blue, so there was no indication from a drink in Trio to "I love you" in The shrine :p Nothing, nada :p

hehe, I can be a very stubborn sod :p

jelgate
July 23rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
ahhhh but the whole triangle from hell thing didn't happen till Rodney so suddenly declared his love for Keller out of the blue, so there was no indication from a drink in Trio to "I love you" in The shrine :p Nothing, nada :p

hehe, I can be a very stubborn sod :p

But you see their were hints before the relationship. Poorly hints. With Chakatoy/Seven it just appeared in Endgame

Linda06
July 23rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
But you see their were hints before the relationship. Poorly hints. With Chakatoy/Seven it just appeared in Endgame

There was A hint :p The drink, that was the hint :p

Well there was the holosuite program thingy, you could call that a hint on what Seven was thinking :p

jelgate
July 23rd, 2009, 11:38 AM

Well there was the holosuite program thingy, you could call that a hint on what Seven was thinking :p

Their was also McKay's decleration of love in The Shrine.
The love triangle of doom
Keller's uncertainity at the end Lost Tribe
The AU in The Last Man.

Like I said poor hints. The holodeck program only reveals that Seven had some mild attraction.

Linda06
July 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
Their was also McKay's decleration of love in The Shrine.
The love triangle of doom
Keller's uncertainity at the end Lost Tribe
The AU in The Last Man.

Like I said poor hints. The holodeck program only reveals that Seven had some mild attraction.

I know there was all those :p.....But my point I was trying to make was there was no hints between Keller asking McKay out for a drink and his declaration of love....There was nothing in between and , months surely must have past by this point so to cut a long story short, the declaration of love more or less came outta no where ;)

katjoy
July 24th, 2009, 12:56 AM

agreed... it was horrible... and as a person who does notice ship i can tell you you definately didnt miss anything... there was nothing to miss...

her and plenty of others ;) chakotay wasnt voted the sexiest guy in star trek for nothing [in the mags we used to buy]...

Alan Wake
July 24th, 2009, 02:42 AM
I liked the doctor/7 relationship... it might have been a bit weird, if not down right odd... but at least it had some build up, and several episodes with his feelings shown.

katjoy
July 24th, 2009, 03:37 AM
^ yeah the doc had established feelings for 7 and they were friends... the characters interacted all the time... there was a dynamic there... so while i personally didnt see them as a couple it still would have made more sense to me then chakotay/7...

there was practically no interaction between chakotay and 7 in 4 years... in fact when she came on board he didnt like nor trust her... and while he came to realise she wasnt going to betray them they never really established that he considered 7 one of his friends let alone that there was any romantic interest...

i was personally always a janeway/chakotay shipper even though i knew nothing would happen...

Linda06
July 24th, 2009, 04:30 AM
her and plenty of others ;) chakotay wasnt voted the sexiest guy in star trek for nothing [in the mags we used to buy]...

Really? That I didn't know.

I liked the doctor/7 relationship... it might have been a bit weird, if not down right odd... but at least it had some build up, and several episodes with his feelings shown.

It would certainly have made more sense. At least they interacted alot more, and we knew the doctor had a thing for seven.

jelgate
July 24th, 2009, 06:42 AM
It would certainly have made more sense. At least they interacted alot more, and we knew the doctor had a thing for seven.

He admitted that to the entire Voyager senior staff once:P

Linda06
July 24th, 2009, 07:13 AM
He admitted that to the entire Voyager senior staff once:P

I remember, he thought he was dying :p I felt embarrased for him :o

katjoy
July 25th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Really? That I didn't know.

yup... i found one of the mags (from back in may 2001 :p)... i cant find the mag from the 2nd time they did the poll...

star trek guys:

1. chakotay
2. tom paris
3. jean-luc picard
4. will riker
5. james t kirk
6. julian bashir
7. spock
8. worf
9. data
10. benjamin sisko

next 10 in order: harry kim, wesley crusher, the doctor, quark, morn, garak, dukat, deonard mccoy, q, tuvok...

star trek women:

1. 7 of 9
2. jadzia dax
3. deanna troi
4. belanna torres
5. kira nerys
6. kathryn janeway
7. leeta
8. uhura
9. beverly crusher
10. kes

next 10 in order: erzi dax, borg queen, kehleyr, savvik, ro laren, janice rand, tasha yar, robin lefler, the intendant, kamala...

the 2nd poll came out after enterprise had aired and if i remember correctly trip bumped paris to third... and tpol bumped 7 to second...

Michael'sQueen
July 29th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Yay!!!!! Go Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teslan
August 1st, 2009, 07:54 AM
Really? Chakotay? I'm a little surprised by that, but whatev.

Michael'sQueen
August 2nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I was supprised that Chakotay was #1 as well.

Teal'c_PI
August 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
One of Voyager's greatest strengths throughout all its 7 seasons was its characters. The only character I actually didn't particularly care for was Seven of Nine--otherwise, they were all likeable. All in all, though, I voted for Captain Janeway: a ship caught all the way across the galaxy with little hope of returning couldn't have a better captain!

Alan Wake
August 5th, 2009, 08:02 PM
So, since it seems like the doctor has won in this poll by a huge landslide, what does everyone like about him that makes him such a overall good character?

nx01a
August 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
He was the 'alien' character with the unique perspective on the human/alien races. It was fun to see him expand his program to become more 'human', then realize he was a hologram first and be proud of that. That and you gotta love the snarky one. :)

iheartshep
August 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Gotta go with Tom Paris.

IHS

Teslan
August 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Iheartshep, your choice wouldn't have anything to with the fact that Paris is the pilot much like some unnamed Atlantis character, would it?;)

Lyconia
August 18th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I picked Tuvok but its a three way tie between him the Doctor and Seven :)

nx01a
August 18th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Interestingly, Lyconia, that's my VOY trumvirate, too. 7/9-The Doctor-Kes would be perfect, but, without Kes, I'll defer to Tuvok.

travis
September 1st, 2009, 09:44 PM
I picked janeway, cause I loved her silly gods complex mentality, plus for being the first female captian.

Captain Obvious
September 7th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Vote for your favorite Voyager Character

definitely the doctor. he has a depth of character that isn't normally seen on voyager. the closest we saw to his character development were seven and Tom paris, who are tied for #2 for me.

not to mention robert picardo is one of my favorite actors..

Ice Wolf
September 10th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Torres, then Harry but he never really got any development could have been a lot better.

Paris was annoying with his early 20th century shtick, the controls on the flyer what the hell were they thinking could have at least been modern switches, dials and levers.

Saquist
September 14th, 2009, 08:19 AM
For me it was seven of nine.
The guys in the show were basicly...hm...toned down more than any other Star Trek. Ensign Kim ...always and ensign never a Lieutenant.
Chakotay was passive, never wanted conflicted.
Tuvok...loyal as a puppy (to Janeway)
Paris ...part time bad boy full time whipping boy.
Neelix...cook....(hmmm. But I like him notheless.) He was modern.

Seven was the most manly...assertive direct rebelious.
And she looked really good doing it.

Colonel Rebel
September 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
The Doctor. But Paris is a close second.

Nemises
October 3rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
I hate Seska....what a despicable evil woman. I'd have no problems beaming her inside a solid wall.

I was enraged when the daft voyager crew didn't also demand her along with Chakotay when he went to destroy the transporter module and got caught. The Kazon leaders had no choice and would have agreed in an instant. What a bunch of idiots. :rolleyes:

Gate Rider
October 4th, 2009, 06:57 AM
It's gotta be the Doc!

Flash Gordon
October 5th, 2009, 09:18 AM
i would have to say ze Docter

Saquist
October 12th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I did not know so many people liked the Doctor.
Wow...what is it?

lkg1980
October 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I did not know so many people liked the Doctor.
Wow...what is it?

Voyager's premise was falsely advertised including the character bio's when they did pre-air publicity which they spent a lot of money on. when Voyager ended the only character bio that came through was the 'EMH' who was the most interesting, he evolved from good character arcs and had depth.

- Christine

Saquist
October 16th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Voyager's premise was falsely advertised including the character bio's when they did pre-air publicity which they spent a lot of money on. when Voyager ended the only character bio that came through was the 'EMH' who was the most interesting, he evolved from good character arcs and had depth.

- Christine

But I find it odd that Seven of Nine changed greatly but has not garnered as much favor among the fans here. I mean Janeway is the DOC's competition, which is odd for me because I've heard alot displeasure for her as a captain.

But with Seven and the The Doctor, I've heard that most believe they were extremely over used.

lkg1980
October 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM
meet Captain Nicole Janeway played by Genevieve Bujold a Canadian Actress.

http://i.imagehost.org/0838/VOYAGER_S1D5-6.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0513/VOYAGER_S1D5-4.jpg

apparently they let her go in the middle of shooting in favor of Kate Mulgrew (runner up) because Genevieve didn't have the stamina to do 8, 9 scenes a day, keep in mind her imdb profile says she is 67 years old now.

I want to re-emphasize on my last post like I said Voyager's premise was falsely advertised it was supposed to share some of the Battlestar Galactica makeup but ended up being something completely different i'll quote Ronald Moore.

Before it aired, I was at a convention in Pasadena, and [scenic illustrator, technical consultant Rick] Sternbach and [scenic art supervisor, technical consultant Michael] Okuda were on stage, and they were answering questions from the audience about the new ship. It was all very technical, and they were talking about the fact that in the premise this ship was going to have problems. It wasnít going to have unlimited sources of energy. It wasnít going to have all the doodads of the Enterprise. It was going to be rougher, fending for themselves more, having to trade to get supplies that they want. That didnít happen. It doesnít happen at all, and itís a lie to the audience. I think the audience intuitively knows when something is true and something is not true. VOYAGER is not true. If it were true, the ship would not look spick-and-span every week, after all these battles it goes through. How many times has the bridge been destroyed? How many shuttlecrafts have vanished, and another one just comes out of the oven? That kind of bull****ting the audience I think takes its toll. At some point the audience stops taking it seriously, because they know that this is not really the way this would happen. These people wouldnít act like this."

Ronald Moore also went on record saying he wasn't allowed to write what he wanted to write or his fellow writers from Deep Space Nine Michael Taylor and Bryan Fuller, the staff were treated poorly and there was a lot of inner politics from the powers to be even the actors didn't see eye to eye Kate Mulgrew thought Robert Beltran was unprofessional because he went on record saying he was tired of the repetitive scripts and cardboard characterization, if you want an example on what cardboard characterization is watch the 2 part episode Year of Hell which showcases what Voyager should of been except the characters are still "cardboard" compared to the Enterprise episode Damage which is under similar circumstances. Brannon Braga was no Shakespeare either, his creative vision ultimately led to one of science fictions most recognizable villains the Borg turn into fairy's. in my opinion the show was a complete disaster from the bottom up.

- Christine

AresLover452
October 29th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I picked Chakotay, so loved his character. I would have picked Janeway too, she was awesome and Kate Mulgrew is spectacular in person.

Kidwizz
October 30th, 2009, 05:13 AM
The Doctor. FTW!

Jaden
October 30th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Out of that list. Seska, since shes on there. I loved her character. i thought it was really well done.

Out of the main crew, Captain Janeway, in the first 1-3 seasons. Something changed about her. Shes not as good in later seasons than she was in the first few.

Overall my favorite character is Tom Paris. He was a great character.

Saquist
October 30th, 2009, 07:30 AM
meet Captain Nicole Janeway played by Genevieve Bujold a Canadian Actress.

http://i.imagehost.org/0838/VOYAGER_S1D5-6.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0513/VOYAGER_S1D5-4.jpg

apparently they let her go in the middle of shooting in favor of Kate Mulgrew (runner up) because Genevieve didn't have the stamina to do 8, 9 scenes a day, keep in mind her imdb profile says she is 67 years old now.

I want to re-emphasize on my last post like I said Voyager's premise was falsely advertised it was supposed to share some of the Battlestar Galactica makeup but ended up being something completely different i'll quote Ronald Moore.

Ronald Moore also went on record saying he wasn't allowed to write what he wanted to write or his fellow writers from Deep Space Nine Michael Taylor and Bryan Fuller, the staff were treated poorly and there was a lot of inner politics from the powers to be even the actors didn't see eye to eye Kate Mulgrew thought Robert Beltran was unprofessional because he went on record saying he was tired of the repetitive scripts and cardboard characterization, if you want an example on what cardboard characterization is watch the 2 part episode Year of Hell which showcases what Voyager should of been except the characters are still "cardboard" compared to the Enterprise episode Damage which is under similar circumstances. Brannon Braga was no Shakespeare either, his creative vision ultimately led to one of science fictions most recognizable villains the Borg turn into fairy's. in my opinion the show was a complete disaster from the bottom up.

- Christine

I heard she walked off the set.
Couldn't take the schedule.

I'm still wondering why Mulgrew wasn't the first choice.