This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prior In Flames!

Hey you know when that prior got sent into the MW galaxy to try and convert people; you know that guy that was captured at the SGC? Ok you know in the end when he caught himself on fire? He was covered with flames without any weapsons.!

Do you think that since he sacrificed himself that he was ascended? Because after all the ORII are taking the form of fire (fire of enlightment)?
    -- Mike

That depends on whether the Ori really want people to ascend or if its all a rouse
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SGMike
      Hey you know when that prior got sent into the MW galaxy to try and convert people; you know that guy that was captured at the SGC? Ok you know in the end when he caught himself on fire? He was covered with flames without any weapsons.!

Do you think that since he sacrificed himself that he was ascended? Because after all the ORII are taking the form of fire (fire of enlightment)?
      Why do you think he was sacrificing himself? Just curious; I don't know, maybe he was. I just never thought to interpret it that way.

Since flame is a huge part of the Ori religion, perhaps this was a spectacular way for the Ori to recall their agent. Normally such a display would impress the natives, especially if the same prior returns later.
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        Why do you think he was sacrificing himself? Just curious; I don't know, maybe he was. I just never thought to interpret it that way.

Since flame is a huge part of the Ori religion, perhaps this was a spectacular way for the Ori to recall their agent. Normally such a display would impress the natives, especially if the same prior returns later.
        Because the spoilers said the prior would burn himself to death
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          .. but yah just because the spoilers said that he burnt himself to death doesn't mean he didn't die and Ascended to a higher plain of existance right? I mean in the previous episode when ...

Spoiler:
          Vala was burnt at the stake for not being a non-believer, one of the priors was able to bring her back to life right?

.. so one would think that just because you can burn yourself to death doesn't mean another prior cannot bring you back to life right?
          -- Mike

Comment

I thought it was their version of beaming technology.

Comment

I was wincing when I saw this topic title, thinking someone was making a Richard Pryor joke. Thank heavens that wasn't what it turned out to be. Good taste wins out.

I think he did sacrifice himself. Kind of a measure of what devotion those who serve the Ori have. It's not the same kind of "I worship these guys because I fear them" ambivalence of the Jaffa. These guys BELEIVE.

-IMF
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                I think he did sacrifice himself. Kind of a measure of what devotion those who serve the Ori have. It's not the same kind of "I worship these guys because I fear them" ambivalence of the Jaffa. These guys BELEIVE.

-IMF
                And there superpowers are the biggest concern to the SGC
                love Torri

Comment

Oh. Okay, then.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Plus if he was being recalled why would they waste time with the burning
                    love Torri

Comment

Plus if he was being recalled why would they waste time with the burning
                      They' aren't wasting time with the burning, it's the effect they are after. Now wouldn't you be surprised if you saw that Prior again in the next few episodes? Wouldn't you be thinkin' "hey didn't he set himself on fire?" Then that prior could be like -- Hallow the Orii for they have saved me from the fire! That could happen you know
                      -- Mike

Comment

It would be lame though if he came back- just like deascension is lame
                        love Torri

Comment

If he had burned himself to death you would expect some remains, ashes or at least something.
                          Well not if he was ascended orii style (which would also be strange, perfect timing ascension) but it seems to me if you are an orii and want people to worship you, you don't just let everyone become a god like you.

Comment

Yes lack of ashes was strange
                            love Torri

Comment

I think he burn himself to death..

Maybe thats why they "recruited" the other new guy

Comment

Working...
                              X