PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Movies

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 12:09 PM
I was looking in my local library, and was walking around, and i saw Halloween in the sci-fi section, wouldn't it be in the Horror section? I've been wondering for that for a while.

D.C.
June 25th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Yeah, it should probably be in the horror section. Friday 13th is a different story though, they did Jason X in space. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Yah, that movie was stupid :rolleyes: Haha... Although there were sci-fi stars starring in it, i thought it was still pretty bad :)

D.C.
June 25th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Yup... almost as bad as Halloween 10 or whatever it's called. Jason X had those two Andromeda chicks, right?

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Has there been 10 halloween movies? I thought there were only 8, haha... The last one being Ressurection.

D.C.
June 25th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I think you're right. I was talking about the last one. That stupid reality TV thing.

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Yah, although i thought that one was better than Jason X, haha... But i wonder, the main character girl, who Michael was after, was she somehow remotely related to him?

D.C.
June 25th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I don't think so. In the other movies I think the main character is either Micheal's sister or something. This new one was just some random crappy characters.

Did you see Freddy Vs. Jason? That was pretty stupid, but it's better then Jason X and that last Halloween movie.

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Yah, Freddy vs Jason was better than Jason X, although i consider Freddy vs Jason a comedy, haha...

yah, your probably right about Michael killing random people this time, but i just can't help but think she may have been, haha, since the story's mostly about her and stuff, but there was like no character plot, i didn't see or hear anything about any of the characters pasts, well maybe we did, i might have missed it. I was bummed out in the beginning, but i doubt shes really dead, haha, but yah :) She can be like Michael and not die haha...

D.C.
June 25th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I think they should stop making them if they're not going to attempt to make them good. It just looked like the studio wanted a new Halloween movie and just threw some cash to some random people.

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Majority of the cast was actually high-profile, or somewhere near famous during that year the movie came out, the main character got popular from Boston Public, Tyra Banks was in the movie, small role though, Busta Rhymes was in it, Sean Patrick was in it, a dude from a soap opera was in it (laughs), and a few other people, but i guess your right, they should stop making more sequels for your same reason. If they do continue making more sequels, they at least need to continue with the original storyline with Michael killing is relatives and such, which i thought was interesting, since hes killed almost all of them, haha..

D.C.
June 25th, 2004, 07:32 PM
I think the chick from Halloween H20's son is in hiding or something from Michael. That could be interesting if it's done well. They could even get a new serial killer. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I think the third halloween movie was an attempt to try to get a new kind of 'killer', but that failed, miserably, probably because people wanted more Michael Myers, but got a movie that had nothing to do with Michael Myers. Yah, the son is probably hiding somewhere... Or hanging out with his girlfriend in another continent, thats probably the smartest thing to do, is move to Hawaii, or somewhere out of the mainland, since Michael Myers seems to never go out of the main lands.

D.C.
June 25th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Halloween in Hawaii... that could be decent. :) Remakes are pretty popular, they could do one of them like Dawn of the Dead. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 10:00 PM
If they do actually make a good remake, i hope they leave that (imo haha) horrible credits scene out, even if its the credits scene, that ruined my experience :( Haha...

petzke_42
June 25th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Cary Chalk (Col. Chekov) was in Freddy VS. Jason

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Playing what character?

D.C.
June 27th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Maybe the main characters father?

petzke_42
June 27th, 2004, 03:20 PM
He plays the sheriff.

Elwe Singollo
June 27th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Oh, i remember now, didn't have much of a big part, did he? If he did, i didn't pay attention much, haha..

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 02:31 PM
That movie could have been a lot worse then it was... Alien Vs Predator doesn't look as promising as Freddy Vs. Jason. :)

petzke_42
June 28th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I think it looks more promising (although it more than likely will suck)...it has Predators.

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I'm a fan of the alien movies (I haven't seen Predators), but I didn't like that Resident Evil movie and it's by the same guy.

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 08:11 PM
I think Resident Evil was ok, but i truly think that the second movie will be tons better. :)

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Yeah, the end of Resident Evil set up the second one nicely. It could be decent, but I'm not expecting a zombie movie as awesome as Dawn of the Dead, though. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Problem is, Dawn of the Dead wasn't zombies ;p, well not 'zombies' exactly, haha... Just being on the technical side :) Anyways, did Dawn of the Dead have Nemisis? I'm scared Nemisis will look so horrible cheezy, i would be so sad :(

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 08:51 PM
They were zombies. Just not your standard zombies. I liked them. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 08:54 PM
I thought they were people infected with 'rage' disease, but i guess they are zombies :) Anyways, i liked them too, more dangerous, haha... I've seen some clips to Resident Evil 2, Jill Valentine (from the games) doesn't look so 'Jill'... Haha... But thats just my opinion.

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Nah, that was the 28 Days Later... zombies. :) They didn't even tell you how the zombie outbreak happened in Dawn of the Dead. The only difference from your usual zombies is the fact that they can run and stuff.

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 09:03 PM
The whole running zombie thing mixed me up :) Thanks for correcting, wow you sure like zombie movies (i'm assuming) Haha... Yah, i want to know how the zombies come about!

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Heh, I saw Dawn of the Dead twice pretty recently in the same week and also rented 28 Days Later earlier this year. I think Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, and 28 Days Later are the only zombie movies I've seen. I've probably seen some others, but not many. They're making a sequel to 28 Days Later called 28 Weeks Later. Zombie movies are pretty cool when they're done well. Resident Evil was probably my least favourite out of all those, but it was still entertaining enough. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I think probably because it was lower budget compared to the others, and less 'massive' compared to the others, Resident Evil was stuck in a small place underground, wow, i wasn't too 'omg factor' on the location, haha... I was 'wowed' by 28 days later, how they removed everyone in the city, that was just 'wow', haha... If you listen to the commentaries, in Resident Evil, they had to use a same door for like alot of things, it was funny (in a nice way). :)

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Yeah, one thing I liked about Dawn of the Dead was how it felt sort of real and the huge scale that it took place. But you didn't really get that same feeling with the first Resident Evil movie cause it was all contained in some top secret labratory. :) The scenes from 28 Days Later in London were pretty good. It seemed strange that all the cars disappeared though. You would think people would be panicing and there would be traffic jams and stuff, but there was no sign of that at all. The cars just disappeared. The second Resident Evil could be cool, cause it's set in Racoon City. :)

Heh, we should probably get back onto topic before the moderator sees the thread. Talking about zombies and horror movies is fun though. The only Halloween movies that I've seen are Halloween H20 and the new reality TV show one.

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Ok, -back on topic :)

Yah, i liked how they got away with killing Michael Myers at the end of H20 by making it someone else, that was sneaky :)

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah, it was a paramedic or something wasn't it? The main character chopped his head off. That was pretty funny. :) I prefer zombie horror movies to the slasher/serial killer horror movies. :) (Heh, back to talking about zombies again, but atleast it's linked to the topic now.)

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Yes, me like the linkage :) Haha, that sounded so stupid. I thought it was really interesting how the main character, or the actress, Jamie Lee Curtis, who plays the main character actually got smarter, haha, well she had like 10-11 years to get used to Michael Myers killing her family or going after them and her, gosh that would suck... haha...

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Yeah, but like you said earlier in the thread. She should have left the mainland. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Gosh... STUPID WRITERS! Well if she did... That wouldn't be fun, haha...

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 09:26 PM
It would be funny to see the serial killer sitting on a passenger airplane though, taking his knife through customs and stuff so he can kill her in Hawaii. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 28th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Gosh, it pissed me off that she was so close to killing MM at the mental hospital, but no... She had to see if it was him, common! He was practically going after her with the knife, well i think he was... Anywho, yah, then bam, she had to "@#[email protected]#$' :(

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 02:42 AM
They're like the people in the old zombie movies who still get caught even though the zombies are limping slowly. :) (I've brought up zombies again. :))

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Gosh, thats probably one of the most unrealistic things on horror movies, walk versus running, walking always wins ;), that makes me so sad :( Haha...

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 04:05 PM
If you ever find yourself being stalked by a serial killed, try walking. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 07:20 PM
That would be such a funny thing to do in a horror movie, a typical victim would run, but now, the person would walk, and while the killer runs after the helpless person, the person outwalks the running killer, haha...

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Heh, or they both could be walking at the same pace. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Now that would be disturbing... Haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:47 AM
They could make it a trilogy. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Was it the only time we actually get to see Michael Myers face was in the first movie?

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 01:54 PM
I don't know, I've only seen the last two movies though. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Yah, i was just thinking outloud :) But anyway, you should really watch the original, and how annoying the song is (The Michael Myers theme song :)) They play it like, every other scene, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:24 PM
The theme song? I think it's cool and atmospheric. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I think it is kewl, but wow, the first movie overplayed it. I maybe overexaggerating, but im just trying to stress that they played it alot, :)

It does make me scared, its a lot more scary than Jasons theme song (did he have one?), he was like, breathing, or something... I dont know...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:31 PM
I don't think the other horror movies have a theme song, they could, but it's not as awesome as the Halloween theme. :) I remember when the newest movie was released, there were stupid pop up ads at websites that played the theme song over and over again. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 02:34 PM
:D Yah, he could be smashed into the ring between Freddy and Jason, to prevent getting chopped up into pieces, he can just find a paramedic in his place, haha...l

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I think Freddy's the creepiest horror movie serial killer, followed by Jason, and then Michael Myers. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Freddy, he kills because hes sick, and yes, he is the creepiest, Jason, hes just mad that he never got any, so he goes and kills horny teens, and others in the way (laughs), and Michael Myers, hes just crazy, and someone who won't die, makes me laugh that both Jason and Michael both do the samething, 'walk', haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Atleast Freddy's got that supernatural angle to the storyline. You know, the whole dream stuff. It's pretty funny how the other serial killers just casually walk, pick off people one by one, apparently get killed, stand up, and do it all over again. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Yah, the whole 'dream' killing to the story just scares me the most, makes you not want to sleep. I like the phrase in Freddy vs Jason, "We aren't safe awake or asleep", or said differently...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:43 PM
I think the Freddy stuff had lots of potential in the Freddy Vs. Jason, but they ignored most of it so they could just beat the crap out of each other. :) If they were going to do that they should have just made Michael Vs. Jason.

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Yah, Jason was just stupid, it was so retarded, ahah... I mean, i guess they ignored all the 'Freddy' abilities because he was weak, just a guess though :)

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Maybe, it would have been more interesting with more stuff though.

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 02:52 PM
I was dissapointed with the death of the Black Girl in the movie... But anyway, lets return to the topic :)

In one of the Halloween movies, in the beginning, was a girl running into a bus station (or train station) and it was like empty, it had a sign saying the work people would come back soon, and while she runs around, and ends up in the bathroom, Michael Myers busts in the station, and yah, eventually dies, this same exact girl was in the previous 2 movies, as the main character, a little girl and it was mentioned somewhere that she was related to Michael, being her uncle i think. So yah, she left her baby in the bathroom back at the station (she died somewhere away from the station to attract Michael). Wow, i have no idea why i typed this, but i'm not gonna delete all this, because this would have been a waste of time :(

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:54 PM
There's also that chicks son from Halloween H20.

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:00 PM
That was him? I was alot more young when i watched it, haha... Heres another fun fact, Seth Green played one of the kids that the main character babysat. That little kid turned out to be in the future Halloween movie, forgot which one though...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure if it's him, if it's not there's even more people for Michael to kill. What do you think of the new stupid horror movies like Scream and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:03 PM
I was pissed that in 'I know what you did last summer', they killed off my SMG, it the movie didn't make sense to me, haha... Scream Trilogy was entertaining for me, haha...

Also, the bit about what you said "i'm not sure its him", what do u mean?

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure if it was the guy you were talking about in the post before that. Probably not, cause his mother was in Halloween H20, and she couldn't be if she was dead. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Oh no, we are talking about different kids/people, haha... I was saying that the kid grew up (before the son in H20 was born) and took the baby that was left behind by the girl who was in that bus/train station, and left her baby there and ran away, but ended up dying anyway. The dude then took the baby and tried to avoid Michael Myers, which ended up going after him and the baby and another lady (who was living in Michael Myers house), so yah... Its all confusing, i'm going to have to watch all these movies again, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Heh, yeah it's pretty screwed up. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Thats why a few pages of posts before this, i said in the newest Halloween movie, that the main character girl may have been related, although she may not have been, and Michael Myers were killing them because they were in his house, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I figured he was just killing them cause they were in his house. It's not like he had fond memories of the place though, so why would he give a damn? :) (Probably just insane and protecting his territory. :))

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Maybe if he pee'd on the area, the people wouldn't want to stay, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:14 PM
The knife way is probably more effective. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Haha :) Wasn't it funny in H20 when the main character(what is her freakin name?!) was getting chased by Michael Myers at the school, and she opens a drawer of knifes, and starts throwing them at him, that was funny, although it shouldn't ahve been, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Her names Laurie or something. I haven't seen the movie in a while, it sounds pretty screwed up and funny though. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:18 PM
She then changed her name in H20 didn't she? But anyway, thanks, i forgot her name, and got annoyed by calling her "the main character" haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah, she probably did change her name. The series is too confusing. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:21 PM
They need to get the story back on track with the 'actual' family members, haha... I want to see 'Laurie' s son and his girlfriend that survived in H20, maybe they got stuck in a mental hospital somewhere...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Hawaii. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Well of course, they could show Michael Myers sneak onto the Cargo, and then killing in the plain, then figure out in the whole Hawaii where they are :)

D.C.
July 1st, 2004, 02:41 PM
That's a plausable storyline for a horror movie. :)

LordAnubis
July 29th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Who would win, Michael Myers or Anubis? Heh
:D

Elwe Singollo
July 29th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Well i think Anubis wouldn't want to fight him, maybe just possess him and kill his insides, haha...

Ancient 1
August 7th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I was looking in my local library, and was walking around, and i saw Halloween in the sci-fi section, wouldn't it be in the Horror section? I've been wondering for that for a while.
:o You should have done the librarian a favor and put it where it belonged, i.e. Horror section. Only the first 2 of these movies were worth watching. :eek:

Elwe Singollo
August 7th, 2004, 08:33 PM
I think it can be classifies as scifi/fantasy i guess, i don't know, because horror movies always show up on the scifi channel, so why not?

Ancient 1
August 7th, 2004, 11:05 PM
That movie could have been a lot worse then it was... Alien Vs Predator doesn't look as promising as Freddy Vs. Jason. :)
I didn't actually see Freddy v Jason, but the trailers for Alien v Predator look intriguing. "Whover wins; we die."

Elwe Singollo
August 7th, 2004, 11:25 PM
I think AVP and FVJ is pretty much the same, except that FVJ is less epic, and they fight in a smaller place compared to AVP, but i think both is stupid in a way, hopefully AVP is better than i think it is going to be.

AgentX
August 8th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Less epic??? That would mean both AVP and FVJ are epic in the first place. FVJ may be a lot of things, but epic ain't one of them.

Freddy Vs. Jason was tremendously stupid - I'll give you that :) and I don't think AVP has enough of the right bad elements to make it as stupid, so score one for FVJ.

The tagline to AVP is quite cool though: "Whoever wins. We Lose"

Elwe Singollo
August 8th, 2004, 09:20 PM
What was FVJ's? Something like, blah blah blah... takes all, i forgot, haha..

AgentX
August 8th, 2004, 09:22 PM
I think it was: "Winner Kills All"

Elwe Singollo
August 8th, 2004, 10:10 PM
I think thats just stupid, i don't know, maybe its just cheesy in my head, but thats just my head. Haha... I even think AVP's tag line is kind of cheesy.

AgentX
August 8th, 2004, 10:15 PM
They aren't making Schindler's List. I think those taglines are entirely appropriate for the quality and type of film they are attached to.

If you want crappy taglines look no further than the DVD for the NBC Telemovie about giant earthquakes 10.5: "The day the Earth would not stand still" I mean...cmon.

Elwe Singollo
August 9th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Oh, those movies, haha... I loved that tagline for nbc movie, but not for the reasons you think, its just so retarded, i just had to laugh.

Ancient 1
August 9th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Less epic??? That would mean both AVP and FVJ are epic in the first place. FVJ may be a lot of things, but epic ain't one of them.

Freddy Vs. Jason was tremendously stupid - I'll give you that :) and I don't think AVP has enough of the right bad elements to make it as stupid, so score one for FVJ.

The tagline to AVP is quite cool though: "Whoever wins. We Lose"
Thanks for correcting my misquote