This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith are Ancients

Given the events of Part 3 (in relation to Ford) I have come to the conclusion that the wraith actually directly come from the ancients.

Evidence
    In "part 3" we here that the enzym actually makes humans stronger
    In "38 minutes" we are told that the bug seems very similar to the Wraith
    in "Hide and Seek" it is suggested that the Ancients were studying an entity, possibly with th intention of facilitating ascention.

So here's my pet theory.
    Ancients find the bug and realise thatit produces something that makes them far stonger and generally more powerful, and use this a possible way of artificially reaching ascention. They realies that the chemical alters their brain chemistry and so stop, except either the changes have become more pronounced or they became addicted and some kept on using it, eventually 'changing' into a version of the wraith we see now.

Would explain why the Wraith became technologically advanced very quickly (obvioulsy the initial changee's had an amount of ancient knowlegde) and were able to beat the ancients.

The lil welcoming hologram can be ignored, as would you leave a msg informing starngers you were beaten by versions of your own kind that free-based an alien insect??:

So essentially, what you are saying is, that the Ancients, upon finding the "bug" and realizing it had certain potentially powerful properties, experimented on themselves, to what end? I don't see anything in the "bug" that would have helped the Ancients ascend, but then I'm getting really confused about the whole Ancient, Ori, Wraith origins anyway.........

Anyone want to try and unconfuse me, please.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Your theory is incorrect
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

ummm didn't they say in 38mins that the bugs evolved because of the ancients... meaning they contracted some of their dna into their own and thats how they evolved... hello their language is very similiar to ancient.. do you people skip scenes? it explains it in 38 minutes and the gift

Comment

It does make a little sense...maybe some sort of rogue ancient group was working on it in the planet of the Wraith and they become the Wraith. It does make sense on how they became technologically advanced so fast because a bug and a human brain cannot create the sort of intellect that the wraith developed that fast. It just doesn't make sense...the bugs live on instincts have have no intellect of their own.

Comment

The wraith evolved from thoes bugs feeding on humans as it says in 38 minutes. They said that the ancients seeded the plannet that the bugs were on and that this lead to the wraith. Basicaly the ancients did not create the bugs they accedently created the wraith by puting humans on the plannet with this bug. These bugs with the help of the human DNA they ate evolved becoming the wraith. As for the language they ate of humans who most likely spoke ancient or a form of it (romans spoke a form of it latin) and then they feed of the rest of the popualation of that plannet who also spoke that dialect and so probably adoptied it in oder to write down information when they began to use technology as before that they could just use telopathic communation like bugs do.
            So in answer to ur question i don't skip scenes do u?

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
            O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine
              Given the events of Part 3 (in relation to Ford) I have come to the conclusion that the wraith actually directly come from the ancients.

Evidence
              in "Hide and Seek" it is suggested that the Ancients were studying an entity, possibly with th intention of facilitating ascention.

So here's my pet theory.
              Ancients find the bug and realise thatit produces something that makes them far stonger and generally more powerful, and use this a possible way of artificially reaching ascention. They realies that the chemical alters their brain chemistry and so stop, except either the changes have become more pronounced or they became addicted and some kept on using it, eventually 'changing' into a version of the wraith we see now.

Would explain why the Wraith became technologically advanced very quickly (obvioulsy the initial changee's had an amount of ancient knowlegde) and were able to beat the ancients.

The lil welcoming hologram can be ignored, as would you leave a msg informing starngers you were beaten by versions of your own kind that free-based an alien insect??:
              The enzyme only makes you stronger while they are feeding on you. Not to mention if it was feeding on you then you'd be gone pretty quickly.

In "38 Mins" they refer to it as a "Prehistoric Cousin", So the original version of the bug was a very long time ago. The Wraith is just as much a bug as it is a humanoid.

The energy being they had trapped for research, Had nothing at all to do with the Wraith. They were researching how to reach another plane. The Wraith are still on the same level as us. Therefore it makes no sense to make any sort of comparison between them.

If they found the bug, it wouldn't make them stronger, It would make them Junkies. Besides the one in "38 Mins" fed on Shep & it didn't make him any stronger. The most conclusive point that this theory is wrong, is simply it doesn't matter how physically strong you are to Ascend. It's the mind you need for enlightenment. Wraith don't have that, they are far to predatory & animalistic. If some got addicted then the others would have simply alerted Atlantis far sooner to the situation. Rather than them suddenly evolving quietly on a distant planet until they were encountered by the Ancients. The enzyme doesn't change your DNA as seen in Ford, So that wouldn't explain the changes that the Wraith went though.

Even if it were true, they blended with bugs, So that doesn't make them any smarter. Therefore doesn't in any way explain the differences in technology. If they were Ancients then why not use their own technology, of which I'm sure they were very familiar with.

I don't think you can ignore the hologram, It's known that the Wraith are also part Human, So wouldn't it make more sense to admit that at least they were done in by their own superior kind, than normal humans that were nowhere near their own technological level. If you start ignoring the Holograms then you may as well ignore everything else that's previously known about them. I'm sure what the writers put in is what really happened. Can't see them making a plot twist where McKay or Zelenka finds out that they left lies in their recordings because they were embarrased. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, by the time Atlantis was found they were long dead.

hello their language is very similiar to ancient.. do you people skip scenes? it explains it in 38 minutes and the gift
              That doesn't prove anything. It's a derivative of Ancient. So more likely the differences belonged to the original humans that were the first victims. For example English speaking countries in real life, all have their own regional dialects, pronunications & meaning for words. So whose to say the Human inhabitants in Pegasus didn't have the same sort of language structure going on.

Comment

Originally posted by valha'lla
                So in answer to ur question i don't skip scenes do u?
                Being more a little condescending aren't you

Remember Becketts Theory isn't concrete proof just an explanation that fits all the facts. It's "mostly" true according to TPTB, but the obligatory twists have to be expected. It's early days yet and the story of the origin of the wraith hasn't been told yet
                sigpic

Comment

I used to think that the wraith probably did evolve from the ancients, but now I'm not so sure. The more I learn about them the less advanced they appear. I think now, but not sure, that the wraith evolved from humans but became as advanced as they are in order to cull humans by using wraith darts etc as in childhood it was said that the wraith didn't want to cull humans there by foot, prehaps because this gives them a great disadvantage as humans are advanced too. Could be wrong as they attacked Atlantis by foot after leaving their ships by they weren't there to capture humans for later feeding but to get to earth.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine

Evidence

So here's my pet theory.

m8 u are not right about ancients bein Wraith

1. if the some ancients were wraith wouldnt u think that the other wraith would of tryd to change them back?
                    2. there was to many wraith at the time
                    3. we no that the ancients created life that could withstand human life they could of made life onthe wraith homeworld and they didnt no about the bugg

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                      Being more a little condescending aren't you

Remember Becketts Theory isn't concrete proof just an explanation that fits all the facts. It's "mostly" true according to TPTB, but the obligatory twists have to be expected. It's early days yet and the story of the origin of the wraith hasn't been told yet
                      I know it is a theory its just putting what i learned from the 38 minutes episode pluse my theroy on the lanuage that the wraith use.
                      tofuchef just said do u skip scens so i could not resist ending my post with
                      "So in answer to ur question i don't skip scenes do u? "
                      i was just being sarcastic lol just to tempting to put it.
                      Ps man that sig is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                      O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Perhaps you should ask Joe about the entire theory of Wraith and so and remind him that this and that has been said in that episode and that in the other episode.Dumb idea?
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

I think a young couple of ancients, we'll call them tim and mary, decided they wanted to live forever and changed their own dna by adding some of the bug dna and other cool dna stuff (but not flying dna because wraith can't fly). They then created their own civilization based on feeding on humans and they attained basic immortality.
                          Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                          Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                          Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                          Vicious

Comment

Arn't we forgetting, that the wraith are complete different than the ancients, they look different sound different and suck the life force out of you with there hands, why would the enzyme, change what you look live and how u feed??

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              Your theory is incorrect
                              Do it deductively... don't just post your conclusion sans rigueur.

Bottom line is, I'm pretty sure you can't "prove" that with the evidence at hand. You can undermine the theory pretty well, though, if you try.

Comment

Working...
                              X