This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julian Sands/The Doci Appreciation and Discussion Thread

I thought Julian Sands was perfect as the Doci. In an much earlier post, on another thread, I wrote that I thought Mr. Sands would make a great Goa'uld. Well, he makes a GREAT Doci, just the right mix of superiority, wonderful voice modulation, and just plain evilness.

Anyone else think that Julian Sands should become a returning character, as The Doci?

The Priors are expendable, but The Doci, he should be treated as the Goa'uld were......build upon their appearances, to give the audience a real "entity" to fear and dislike, and Julian Sands does that SO well.

Nice job of casting!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

I liked the Doci his lines were very good especially this one:

Doci: Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry our warriors out amongst the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers! The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

HALLOWED ARE THE ORII
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      I liked the Doci his lines were very good especially this one:

Doci: Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry our warriors out amongst the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers! The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

HALLOWED ARE THE ORII
      Ah, but did you like the actor who portrayed him? Do you think Julian Sands should become a recurring character, playing the Doci, rather than have a new Doci pop up in every epi about the Ori......I'm curious. I think a single Doci, at least initially, to establish the Ori "presence", would be the way to go.
      On fighting:

Comment

I think there is only one doci anyway - but if there are numerous doci's i would like us to focus on this one
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I thought he was great. I remember having a crush on him when I was younger, after watching him in 'A Room With a View'. He's got the most gorgeous mouth.

I loved him as the Doci, and hope to see lots more of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
            I thought he was great. I remember having a crush on him when I was younger, after watching him in 'A Room With a View'. He's got the most gorgeous mouth.

I loved him as the Doci, and hope to see lots more of him.
            Oh yes, please!! Bring him back! I would watch the show just to see him in it! !! More, more!! [/end wild obsessive fan adulation with panting]

I think he's a wonderful actor and he makes a fabulous bad guy. Weren't all of his scenes filmed solely with Daniel? Did anyone else get the feeling that the producers might have had several different actors in mind for this role and jumped at the chance when Julian became available? Or does anyone know if he cast long ago? I ask because I saw NO PR about his appearance in this ep prior to its airing, and it was a surprise to me to see an actor of his caliber on my TV screen. They have played up the appearances of all the other new recurring characters, but not, it seems, Julian, so I wondered if he was a late, lucky addition. Or if I was just being generally clueless, per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
              Oh yes, please!! Bring him back! I would watch the show just to see him in it! !! More, more!! [/end wild obsessive fan adulation with panting]

I think he's a wonderful actor and he makes a fabulous bad guy. Weren't all of his scenes filmed solely with Daniel? Did anyone else get the feeling that the producers might have had several different actors in mind for this role and jumped at the chance when Julian became available? Or does anyone know if he cast long ago? I ask because I saw NO PR about his appearance in this ep prior to its airing, and it was a surprise to me to see an actor of his caliber on my TV screen. They have played up the appearances of all the other new recurring characters, but not, it seems, Julian, so I wondered if he was a late, lucky addition. Or if I was just being generally clueless, per usual.
              I was wondering that too.....when he came onscreen and I realized it was Julian Sands, I went nuts! I had no idea he was going to play the Doci. Needless to say, I was thrilled, as I'm a long time fan of his. He can play "bad" so well. And good too.....I've seen so many of his movies, I couldn't list them all.

I hope if this was a lucky shot for tptb, he is asked and agrees to return and reprise the role. He was perfect!
              On fighting:

Comment

I think there is only one doci anyway - but if there are numerous doci's i would like us to focus on this one
                Well, if he is the only Doci, I might consider, I said might, consider "Hallowing" the Ori, but only if Julian Sands IS the Doci!
                On fighting:

Comment

I am pretty sure that he is the only one - you should be "Hallowing" the SMORS
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                    Did anyone else get the feeling that the producers might have had several different actors in mind for this role and jumped at the chance when Julian became available?
                    When the first casting sides for the episode came out, the Doci was described as "young," "angelic," "androgynous" and a couple of other things they changed their minds about, as the updated casting sides that came out a week or so later had scrapped all that and instead suggested Ian McKellen *pauses for moment of wild fangirl adulation of her own having just learned that the magnificent Brent Carver will be playing Gandalf in the LOTR musical - SQUEE!* and Helen Mirren as prototypes for the character.

So they were looking for a type, and Julian Sands most certainly fits the bill (I suppose it would be redundant to say he can fit my bill any day?).

Or does anyone know if he cast long ago?
                    The Solutions website reported in May that Robert Cooper had mentioned, in a 'Cult Times' interview, that Julian was on board as a "wonderful, wonderful creepy bad guy," but I don't know if anyone had definitively identified him as the Doci.

The lack of PR was weird, I thought, given how quick they were to wave their arms and shout about Cameron Bright and April Amber Telek (my first response to those "casting coups" being, "The who, what?").

Not sure why you'd want to keep mum on the likes of Julian Sands.

Tucker

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker Case
                      When the first casting sides for the episode came out, the Doci was described as "young," "angelic," "androgynous" and a couple of other things they changed their minds about, as the updated casting sides that came out a week or so later had scrapped all that and instead suggested Ian McKellen *pauses for moment of wild fangirl adulation of her own having just learned that the magnificent Brent Carver will be playing Gandalf in the LOTR musical - SQUEE!* and Helen Mirren as prototypes for the character.

So they were looking for a type, and Julian Sands most certainly fits the bill (I suppose it would be redundant to say he can fit my bill any day?).

The Solutions website reported in May that Robert Cooper had mentioned, in a 'Cult Times' interview, that Julian was on board as a "wonderful, wonderful creepy bad guy," but I don't know if anyone had definitively identified him as the Doci.

The lack of PR was weird, I thought, given how quick they were to wave their arms and shout about Cameron Bright and April Amber Telek (my first response to those "casting coups" being, "The who, what?").

Not sure why you'd want to keep mum on the likes of Julian Sands.

Tucker
                      Can you come to all my favorite threads and post, please? You are a joy to read. All that information and so well written. I'm very impressed.

Thank you for the info. I really didn't know any of it, but you are most certainly correct....Julian Sands fits the bill to a T, and I won't say anything else I'm thinking right now.
                      On fighting:

Comment

Well, as the other secondary character threads have pics, I thought we needed one too!

Enjoy!
                        On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                          Can you come to all my favorite threads and post, please?
                          Well...um...how many threads are we talking about here, exactly?

(Thanks for the compliment, btw. )

Thank you for the info. I really didn't know any of it.
                          Spoiler addict with too much time on her hands, what can I say?

Well, except you're welcome, that is.

Apparently, they were looking for another classically-trained actor to play
                          Spoiler:
                          Khalek in 'Prototype.'
                          I wonder who they'll surprise us with this time.

Julian Sands fits the bill to a T, and I won't say anything else I'm thinking right now.
                          You can't?...Oh. It's that "PG forum" thing, isn't it.

Nuts.

Tucker

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker Case
                            Well...um...how many threads are we talking about here, exactly?
                            She probably means the 101 Dex threads lol

Did anybody notice that the Doci was Julian Sands in the promos?
                            love Torri

Comment

She probably means the 101 Dex threads lol

Did anybody notice that the Doci was Julian Sands in the promos?
                              Cute qas! It's only 3 or 4......

And no, I didn't notice The Doci was going to be Julian Sands. It was a total surprise but a VERY good one! He was perfect in the part.
                              On fighting:

Comment

Working...
                              X