Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Daedalus taking any high tech stuff back to Earth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Daedalus taking any high tech stuff back to Earth?

People from Atlantis can go back to Earth anytime they want, but they need Daedulus for the return journey.

I know Dr Weir has the support of the President and other foreign allies, for now.But the fuel for Daedalus to go back and forth must be expensive .
    And spoiler for SG1
    SGC is facing budget as much as 70% and the Orii follower is making move in the milky Way

Keeping the Daedulus line open for Atlantis will be getting relativly more expensive.To make the Generals and Politican happy, the Daedulus need to carry fill the cargo bay with something important on the return trip.something to subsidies the fuel cost

What can Daedulus take from Atlantis?
    The Ancient Database, but a few truckload of Highdrive should be enough to carry it back to Earth.Dr weir could only save about 5% of the Database with the Highdrive they got at the time in episode Siege pt 1.

So Daedulus need to bring back something else

Equipment
    Dr Beckett took some high tech portable medical instrument to operate on Dex, i am sure Atlantis has a lot other advance equipment , But what equipment Atlantis afford to sent back to Earth.
    What if something happen and the equipment needed were sent back to Earth

Anything of major importence will go back through the gate. As for fuel, the Daedalus probably runs on a naquada fusion reactor of sorts, so fuel isn't a huge deal.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
      What can Daedulus take from Atlantis?
      The Ancient Database, but a few truckload of Highdrive should be enough to carry it back to Earth.Dr weir could only save about 5% of the Database with the Highdrive they got at the time in episode Siege pt 1.
      This is the most likely to happen, although I also think they could send them back through the gate. Maybe they could even compress the entire database and send it back via radio... Carter would just have to ready with either a crap-load of harddrives, or maybe some Tok'ra crystals to store the information.
      Mitchell - BULLETS... BOUNCE!!!!

"So they've got us surrounded. Good. Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!" - LtGen Chesty Puller, USMC (Chosin Reservoir, Korea 1950)

"We have 2 companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of the island, and 3 Army regiments pinned down in the southwest corner doing nothing. What the hell is going on?" - Gen John Vessey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs (Grenada 1983)

Comment

what if the daedalus could bring back the biggest tech of all, atlantis, i mean take the zpm, power up deadalus' systems and tow it back home

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
          Spoiler:
          SGC is facing budget as much as 70%
          That's because
          Spoiler:
          the Pentagon gave the money to the construction and maintenance of the BC-303 fleet - including Daedalus.

Besides; what's extremely valuable, usable by the SGC, fits snugly in the Deadalus' cargo hold or even the F-302 fighter bays, and vould give Earth a massive tactical advantage over everyone else they encounter? (I'll give you a hint; they used to have one on Earth. It broke. Then they lost it.)

Comment

Do you mean the PJ
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Also u gota think how long did it take the Sgc to really yeild some advancements i don't think anyone on earth is expecting within the first year for them to be able to bring back any advanced tech as they are still exploring the city (techs fuctions) and the tech their is like the most advanced in that and most likely our galaxy so i doubt we would be able to do much without the instruction booklet. Also the 5% of that ancient data base could be brought back to earth for area 51 after all if that data base contians all the knowledge of the acients i think 5% of it should keep area 51 extremly busy and think of the kind of advancements they could make like energy weapons or even sheild penertrating weapons advances in enershal dampaners etc.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
              O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                Do you mean the PJ
                Mabey but then u got all that time line changing also can't the asgard censors detect it? Any way White Knight what are u talking about?

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."

Comment

Well, IMHO, they'd be fools not to take anything back with them.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Yeah then they bring something back but wait they did not realise that it was part of the sheilds operating systems so they try to put the sheild up but are completly screwd .
                    So other than the copied data they would be fools to bring stuff back before they had a look round the whole city after all i can understand taking small things like that sheild rodney used back with relavant data as it has already been used and used up all its power so the team their has no use for it and is unlikely to be crushal or things that they have alot more than one of like mabey the life sign detector. Personally id be more intrested for defence purposes in a drone making factory so that the plannes for that can be used to give the artic defences a drone supply incase an orri or any other races fleet was going to drop by to say hi and that would have to be left at atlaintis so that it could make drones to defend the city.
                    Pluse i think that the best minds(or at least most of them) on ancient tech were sent to atliantis cause they thought they'd be stranded there so i guess with the experts their they can look at it also they could always send some scientists their to do the research and bring them back on the Daedulus and with all the other advanced ancient tech their to help if they needed it in the city with all its labs it would be a good research fasility.

Comment

Working...
                    X