This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you think of Gerak - Possible Origin Spoilers

I thought he was an idiot and Teal'c seemed to dislike him maybe its because he supposedly killed that other Jaffa who supported democracy.

I am really pissed of that Bra'tac isnt leading the Jaffa

What do you think?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I think he is the Kinsey of the Jaffa.

Not sure how Bra-tec is not the leader? How is tea'lc not the leader? He defeted "katano" in that hole fight to the death to see whos the leader thing. And what about the wise old guy who helped them take Dakara, what happened to him? So some guy that wasnt even at Dakara and had nothing to do with the overall rebellion and winning freedom, he gets to be in charge. Oh well, politics stink.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

From Avalon Part 1:

TEAL'C: that has caused problems as well. Many view the Tau'ri with the same level of mistrust as a would be enemy. They see the proposed system of government as a means to control and subvert their acquired freedom. My allegiance to the Tau'ri is not serving me as well as you might think in votes from the most traditional Jaffa electorate.

MITCHELL: wow. Politics does really suck everywhere you go.

TEAL'C: indeed.
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I'm really biased here because I just love Louis Gossett Jr. I first loved him in An Officer and a Gentleman, Iron Eagle and then in Enemy Mine...

And I think he will be a fabulous antagonist for the SGC to deal with as it was clear from the start that he didn't much appreciate the views of the people of the Tauri. It's also obvious that he is one of those that Teal'c referred to as being set in the old ways and I think it'll be interesting to see how that antagonism develops over the next several episodes.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

What I'm really wondering is:

What's with the fat suit for Lou Gossett Jr.?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

LOL - I am hoping Teal'c kills him
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              LOL - I am hoping Teal'c kills him
              Teal'c probably will.

Spoiler:
              I think I read with spoilers that Gerak is going to go all military and take actions that people think are really hostle. I'm not sure

So in all likelyhood, Teal'c probably will kill him

I'm just wondering though... where's Bra'tac? I'm missing him...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, Bra-tac and Ryac are the opposition leaders in a sense, and as such have to stay on Dakara and be all political. The fact that Teal'c is spending half or more of his time with SG1 forces them to do their part and his in terms of rallying Jaffa to the idea of democracy

Comment

Gerak sounded like a war-like authoritarian. However, I think now that the Ori know about the Jaffa... from the Prior which ascended, the Ori will go to Dakara and kill Gerak. This will Unite the Clans.... well unite all the different Jaffa who were under the rule of Different Gou'ld System Lords. From there, Teal'c will be the new leader and there will be a Tauri/Jaffa alliance.
                  Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I'm just curious when the last time "UberSGFan" saw Iron Eagle, I'm not sure it still holds up. just my opinion.

I agree with "agatefan"- Gerak's the Kinsey of the Jaffa. So since I'm supposed to dislike the villain, Gossett's doing a great job, I already can't stand him!!

I wasn't satisfied with Teal'c's timid attitude in the SGC when Gerak was there. he needs to have some lines.

Plus Landry needs to call the president or activate the self destruct sequence...at least let him tell someone to close the iris, it's been 3 episodes already??

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      Not sure how Bra-tec is not the leader? How is tea'lc not the leader?
                      Bra'tac and Teal'c are advocates of democracy for the Jaffa. Placing themselves as leaders would be hypocritical.

I think Gerak is going to make an interesting antagonist.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                        Gerak sounded like a war-like authoritarian. However, I think now that the Ori know about the Jaffa... from the Prior which ascended, the Ori will go to Dakara and kill Gerak. This will Unite the Clans.... well unite all the different Jaffa who were under the rule of Different Gou'ld System Lords. From there, Teal'c will be the new leader and there will be a Tauri/Jaffa alliance.
                        I dont think the prior ascended from the spoilers for the ep I think he died. If the Jaffa clans were to unite under Teal'c they would already have done so. If the Ori kill Gerak they will try to convert the jaffa to their religion and if the jaffa dont they will wipe them out.
                        Originally posted by Crichton
                        I wasn't satisfied with Teal'c's timid attitude in the SGC when Gerak was there. he needs to have some lines.
                        He knows he cant risk an incident between the jaffa nation and earth
                        love Torri

Comment

I am rewatching origin right now - Gerak supposedly had something to do with the disappearance of a Jaffa called Hubrock who was a friend of Bra'tacs and supported democracy
                          love Torri

Comment

Gerak = shortimer. I believe Teal'c will lead by end of S9.

Louis is too big a star to be locked into recurring role.
                            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

I think Gerak and most (if not all) of the Jaffa are going to buy into the Orii religion, Gerak seemed quite interested in it and the Jaffa are a very spiritual people, furthermore ascension/enlightenment seems to be a big thing for Jaffa we saw how Bra'tac and Teal'c quickly knelt down at keb in respect to Oma.

As far as Gerak is concerned he might just consider it to be ensuring the spiritual well-being of his people, by the way Teal'c said "Hopefully by now people have learned the lessons of false gods", it felt like the writers were making us ponder just whether they had learned or not.
                              Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
                              Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
                              Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
                              Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
                              Jack: Never run with scissors?

Comment

Working...
                              X