PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis preview on SG-1 DVD out Monday.

MadEyeTed
June 24th, 2004, 07:31 AM
The SG-1 DVD Volume 37 (Lost City Parts One and Two) comes out next monday and includes a preview of Stargate Atlantis.

Better still, I just got and email from play.com saying its been posted, which means i should get it tommorow, three days early :). I will post anything new that I see in here as soon as I can pull myself away :)

You have got to love play.com :) (no i dont work for them hehe)

JakeDeuxPointZero
June 24th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Well... sure that's cool for you... but what about those of us in America? I guess I'll just have to wait 3 weeks (for the premiere)... dangit.

David85
June 24th, 2004, 11:50 AM
That's it?! Only 3 weeks?! Time sure is flying by.

MadEyeTed
June 24th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah bad luck about that. (bare in mind, for the first time in years it looks as if we will be a couple of months behind north america in airing, instead of two weeks behind for the first half of the season and two weeks ahead for the second, and thats just SG-1, Sky One havent actually confirmed that they have bought the rights to Atlantis yet)

The preview could just be the teaser trailer, so I'll have to wait and see, but being as I have quite possibly a long wait for Atlantis, I'll take what I can get. ;)

Teal'c
June 24th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah bad luck about that. (bare in mind, for the first time in years it looks as if we will be a couple of months behind north america in airing, instead of two weeks behind for the first half of the season and two weeks ahead for the second, and thats just SG-1, Sky One havent actually confirmed that they have bought the rights to Atlantis yet)

The preview could just be the teaser trailer, so I'll have to wait and see, but being as I have quite possibly a long wait for Atlantis, I'll take what I can get. ;)
What? It's always been SG-1 airs in the US in the summer, ends, starts on Sky, and then by the time the US pick up for the second half Sky are ahead (The 2 weeks this year was short compared to previous years [Especially Season 5 :P])

zombie8
June 24th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah, but you still got season 7 dvd's before us..uh U.S :(

MadEyeTed
June 25th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Teal'c, the number of weeks has differed, but generally speaking the delay has been small in the past, which was really the point that mattered - the delay is going to be much longer than it normally is.

zombie8, I'd trade our dvd's for your s8 and sg:a air dates this year tbh. Its great to have the DVD's, but harsh to think your favourite show is being aired and you cant even watch it.

Anubis
June 25th, 2004, 05:11 AM
I've ordered the final volume and it shipped today. So I'll get it on Monday

MadEyeTed
June 25th, 2004, 06:28 AM
hmm, I suppose it was a little optimistic to expect it to arrive today given that I got the 'posted' e-mail just yesterday, but hopefully I'll get it tommorow or Monday. :)

Anubis
June 25th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Some areas in the UK they don't deliver items of this quality (price) on weekends. The likely arrival is on Monday

Andron
June 25th, 2004, 07:39 AM
That's not fair! :mad:
You UK people will get volume 37 on monday and we guys in Switzerland, Austria and Germany will get the same dvd, only with a into German translated packing, on July 13!
I can't wait for this preview so long! Fortunately, I can watch the lowdown on July 6, this helps a little :)

Anubis
June 25th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Well, all I can say is it's not our fault. We probably get it first because the season ended first here in the UK

hezie99
June 25th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Skyone airs Stargate in september as normal so it isnt a few weeks.

Scifi always airs eps 1 to 11 a few months ahead of UK

then Skyone airs 12 to 22(now 20) before scifi

Teal'c
June 25th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Teal'c, the number of weeks has differed, but generally speaking the delay has been small in the past, which was really the point that mattered - the delay is going to be much longer than it normally is.

zombie8, I'd trade our dvd's for your s8 and sg:a air dates this year tbh. Its great to have the DVD's, but harsh to think your favourite show is being aired and you cant even watch it.
Sorry Hezie, but I think this needs some bold text.

Sky One always start showing the new season in September, September! :P

MadEyeTed
June 26th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Teal'c: I have slept quite a few times since last September and perhaps my memory of the air dates is not so good. I certainly dont remember having to wait much more than 6 weeks or so for it to start over here, obviously not. So: is the gap still the same? i.e. if Sky One arent any later than normal, as you suggest, are SCI-FI starting earlier? Im not so sure now, but I still get the feeling the gap is a little larger this year, perhaps it just feels that way because I'm looking forward to two new shows instead of just one. I dont suppose you can remember?

Back on topic however:
The DVD didnt arrive early as indicated by the e-mail. Never mind, still get it on Monday hopefully and if there is anything new about the show then I will post here. Then again I'm far from the only person on these forums to get them, so if I don't, I'm sure someone else will.

TechnoBoY
June 26th, 2004, 08:13 AM
It will probabaly be out on the net in no time. :: waits for sombody to put on the net ::

Beckmen
June 26th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Hopefully someone will post this preview online somewhere so us in the US can watch it. PM/Email me if so.

If MGM was smart, they'd make this "preview" a nice 12-minute "featurette" with new clips, interviews with the cast and crew, ect. Such "featurettes" don't really give too much away, and you can get away with only showing a little bit of footage.

Idun
June 26th, 2004, 08:42 PM
That's illegal isn't it?

Anyway, while the Uk will overtake the US again in broadcasting SG-1, they won't with Atlantis.

So Anybody know why Sky isn't purchasing Atlantis as well as season 8?

darkwarden
June 26th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Just be thankful that you are not in Australia, we are only about to start getting the S6 DVDs on the 18th of July or something, and they are catching up to TV pretty damn quick.

Anubis
June 27th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Nobody said Sky hasn't purchased the rights to it, yet

Teal'c
June 27th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Teal'c: I have slept quite a few times since last September and perhaps my memory of the air dates is not so good. I certainly dont remember having to wait much more than 6 weeks or so for it to start over here, obviously not. So: is the gap still the same? i.e. if Sky One arent any later than normal, as you suggest, are SCI-FI starting earlier? Im not so sure now, but I still get the feeling the gap is a little larger this year, perhaps it just feels that way because I'm looking forward to two new shows instead of just one. I dont suppose you can remember?

Back on topic however:
The DVD didnt arrive early as indicated by the e-mail. Never mind, still get it on Monday hopefully and if there is anything new about the show then I will post here. Then again I'm far from the only person on these forums to get them, so if I don't, I'm sure someone else will.
I can remember actually, Season 7 started on SciFi last year on Friday June 13th. It started on Sky in late September (It may have even been early October). So this year has, in fact, less of a gap between SciFi and Sky's start dates (Assuming Sky stick to September :P)

MadEyeTed
June 28th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks Teal'c.

Got the DVD today. 22 minute preview. Looks like someone else started a thread anyway, but just thought I'd say you dont learn a whole lot more, if anything than you do from reading stuff available on this site. Its basically a run down of the concept by Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, then they continue with a chat about each character, interspersed with short interviews taken before they started shooting and during the first few scenes. There is also quite a lot of the set shown, which looks very impressive indeed, as well as some 'previz' work for a few visual effects shots. I'm really looking forward to this show. Some of the things people said might be corny dont look corny to m, so I'm now confident that this show will live up to the expectations.

Anubis
June 28th, 2004, 08:42 AM
We don't learn much, but we do see some good preview

Iskandra
June 28th, 2004, 01:19 PM
@Andon: The Lowdown airs in Switzerland??? Anyone know whether it's on German tv as well?

Andron
June 28th, 2004, 02:50 PM
No, not really ;)
But I know a really good site which provides a lot of the recent TV stuff by bittorrent links, so I will be able to watch the lowdown on one day after it aired the first time :D
I don't think, it will ever be broadcasted on any German TV channel as the first lowdown has been yet.