This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Demise of Western Civilization

Consider it another sign of the Apocalypse.

The human race is doomed. DOOMED, I say!

Where's the nearest stargate, I want off this crazy planet!

Meep ! I always thought Barbie was supposed to be a toy, not a fashion experience for today's woman!
    I suppose any women who want to wear this sort of gear are entitled to do so without judgement from the likes of me,but OMG,I'd rather face a firing squad than be seen in public dressed in those examples!

Having said that,some of my daughter's old Barbie clothes are rather nice,really,..and some of Ken's stuff is rather good too !

I wanna dress as "Veterenarian Barbie".......at least that outfit might suit me....
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      Meep ! I always thought Barbie was supposed to be a toy, not a fashion experience for today's woman!
      I've never heard to wearing clothes as a "fashion experience." That is awesome.

I'm not being sarcastic.

From now on, if anyone comments on me getting dressed, I'm going to say: "I'm not getting dressed, I am having a fashion experience!"
      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Now women who want the *true* experience only need good cosmetic surgery, and we'll soon have a bunch of life-size barbie clones...

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
        ~CELLO!~
        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

HAHA! Stupid Humans! Now all we need is a few Barbie mini-mini-mini skirts and we're there! Seriously though, I think a commando/SWAT team barbie would be fun. I used to have an animation I made of a flaming gasoline soaked barbie...
          [email protected]
          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
          One nation under dog
          There of which I stand alone
          A face in the crowd
          Unsung, against the mold
          Without a doubt
          Singled out
          The only way I know

Comment

I've got a friend who collects Barbies. She tells me that at the conventions it's very usual to have many adult women dressed just like their dolls. So, this is nothing new, just Mattel jumping on a possibly money making proposition.
            sigpic

Comment

***is about to make a rude comment about women dressing like their dolls at conventions then remembers that she goes to Stargate conventions...***

Hey whatever makes someone happy, whatever floats their boat right? The most bizarre thing about this story though is the 'fashion experience' line and that most of those outfits in the photo just look like retro Chanel except for a couple that look like Daphne wore them in Scooby Doo.
              sigpic

Comment

Uh...would that be the right moment to admit that I used to dress my barbie dolls in commando garb and have them act out battles in the mud in our garden...

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                ~CELLO!~
                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

"Barbie clothes" worked ok on "Barbie".Will it work on "real women" with "normal proportions",I don't know...By normal,I mean the range that is present within the human population.
                  There have been models done up that showed what she'd look like if she were "life size",going by her measurement ratios & it was bizzare to say the least.
                  I liked "Barbie"as a doll & plaything.I think she was supposed to be a reflection {within reason} of girl's fantasies & women's changing roles in society.She went from just a dress up doll to actually having careers [Doctor veteranarian,etc...].Toys are supposed to emulate us,not the other way around.
                  Then again,maybe I'm biased,because "pink" is so not my color
                  nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm not certain yet) pink IS my color. Goes with the whole blonde/ivory skin thing. I could do the whole "Legally Blonde" thing, but I think Barbie dressing is just a bit much.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                      Fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm not certain yet) pink IS my color. Goes with the whole blonde/ivory skin thing. I could do the whole "Legally Blonde" thing, but I think Barbie dressing is just a bit much.
                      You sound hot for a (nola)mom.

*Refrains from making any "mom" jokes*
                      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                        I've never heard to wearing clothes as a "fashion experience." That is awesome.

I'm not being sarcastic.

From now on, if anyone comments on me getting dressed, I'm going to say: "I'm not getting dressed, I am having a fashion experience!"
                        Why,thank 'ee Petzke ! None of my daft mutterings have ever been called "awesome" before !
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 June 2004, 05:27 PM. Reason: Grammatical Tense change

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                          Uh...would that be the right moment to admit that I used to dress my barbie dolls in commando garb and have them act out battles in the mud in our garden...
                          Nothing wrong with doing that,Iskandra!
                          I always wanted the Action Man Radio Guy,as he came with a proper disc-playing gadget and cool backpack ....I also wanted a Steve Austen ("Six-Million Dollar Man") doll.
                          Somehow,I can understand now,why my family thought I was weird. I wasn't the cute little "Girly-Girl",they seemed to expect !

(I think my sis was totally freaked ,when I ended up reasonably feminine, in the end...... )

Comment

Working...
                          X