Urgo (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torley
    Ahhh... one of my faves now... that was Peter DeLuise? Oooh makes sense, Dom is a fortunate man to have such talented offspring! Hahaha... he was comedy gold on this, I missed watching him on Candid Camera and there's a good connection too!

I liked the whole theme of Urgo wanting to live vicariously and experience all the senses... that part with all the food was AWESOME
    Urgo, "I'm melting, I'm melting..." Hes a very funny character
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Loved it!!!! Bloody funny.
      Spoiler?

Favourite bit was when Tea'lc said something like " A parasite, like the G'ouald." an the Dom Mocks him after, That's great!!!!
      Khalehla

Comment

I thought it was extremely funny when Teal'c chugged the entire jug of coffee after coming back from the planet.

Comment

yeah it was a comedy epsiode , but ughh...Urgo was Sooooooo annoying, i don't really wanna see him again...well may be if he evolved...

Comment

Did anyone else question why when they came back through the gate both times there were soldiers pointing guns at them?

or why they didnt splatter on the iris?

If the general didnt know who was coming through the gate, the iris would be closed. and if they did send their IDC through (or the alien dude did) why were there scary looking soldiers with guns?

just because they were gone for 15 hours the first time doesn't really mean anything. We're not told exactly how long a standard mission is supposed to take (I imagine it changes for each world, and thus each ep, but they would almost certainly have a general idea when they're supposed to head back)

or am i read the ep all wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
              Did anyone else question why when they came back through the gate both times there were soldiers pointing guns at them?
              I would assume any time they open the iris they would point guns at the 'gate. It would just make sense that they be prepared in the event that the person(s) coming through the gate weren't SGC personnel or allies.
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

but they dont!
                there are many times that they dont have scary looking guns facing the gate.

perhaps in this instance they (SG-1) were overdue. and when that happens they start pointing guns.

otherwise, when it's an expected incoming wormhole, they dont bother.

Comment

Yeah, you're right. That is odd.

But I guess the first time, they were REALLY overdue for a mission that looked to be low-risk (a beach planet for crying out loud lol), which would immediately tweak with Hammond that something strange happened (and it wasn't that Carter wanted to work on her sun-tan).

The second time they were extra-cautious because they knew something had been done to SG1 the first time around. The person, or people, on this planet were regarded as potentially (or actually) hostile and Urgo had kept insisting they would be killed if they went back.

Since this 'race' was capable of mental manipulation, there was no way of knowing what would come through this time, particularly since they were overdue again (which would suggest they'd been tampered with again).

Comment

lol, that actually makes a whole lot of sence.

man, i wish the beach planet had been real. SG-1 really need a holiday.

ohhh i just realised, i think they used that same scene in the quantum mirror in point of view when daniel was playing around with it.

Comment

The episode was funny... but it didn't necessarily advance the series along.

What was that alien thing in that the urgo guy demoed the procedure on.

It looked like a muppet but more creepy.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 June 2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Just as long as the boys get to eat pie, I'm fine with the ep. Cute. And what's with the blue jello?? It seems to be a point of discussion in these forums.
                        I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

lol, that actually makes a whole lot of sence.

man, i wish the beach planet had been real. SG-1 really need a holiday.

ohhh i just realised, i think they used that same scene in the quantum mirror in point of view when daniel was playing around with it.
                          Beach, desert, same thing.

Comment

I love URGO.....it makes me laugh

Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily Life is but a dream and Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily Life is but a dream.

"To the world you may be one person,
                            but to one person you may be the world"

- Bill Wilson –

Comment

You can't help but sway when you hear that song.

Comment

Damn Urgo is my favourite alien he is so cool I love him oh yea.

The GameKeeper was also a pretty funny guy but I like Urgo better. FUNNIEST ALIEN.

Comment

Working...
                                X