This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was...disturbing...

Ok, so I was at the video store on sunday night with a bunch of friends. I had wandered off to avoid the inevitable fight about what we were going to watch, and before I knew what was happening I glanced at the cover of a dvd and lo and behold....there was Pete staring out at me, with a rose in his mouth???

The title of the DVD was Bachelorman.
    I completely forget that the Stargate universe isnt real. lol. and that the actors to occasionally do other stuff. And in this case, this would have been made before poor david became pete (and fated to suffer a terrible, painful death..).

But when I was discussing this with some friends, I realised that I knew of the DeLouises (sp?) before SG-1. Has anyone heard of SeaQuest DSV?
    I loved the Gill guy.
    I may have been only something like 12 at the time with a (very) embarrassing crush on Johnathon Brandis.. but I can still remember the Janitor as well....

I need to add that to my list. I love David DeLuise. Well, I love all the DeLuise boys, but David in particular seems to need some particular TLC of late.

Comment

Seaquest yay! Darwin and his creepy voice scare me more than Jaws...
      [email protected]
      http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
      One nation under dog
      There of which I stand alone
      A face in the crowd
      Unsung, against the mold
      Without a doubt
      Singled out
      The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
        Seaquest yay! Darwin and his creepy voice scare me more than Jaws...
        lol. i cant remember much about it.

but i do know that when it was on, i certainly didnt appreciate that the dolphin with the ability to talk was named Darwin!

much like the Wild Thornberry's really.. hehe, Darwin the monkey!!

ohh, and Shadow, I do believe it was actually David who was the guy with the gills.. (I don't think that was clear in my last post)

scary how these guys just keep popping up.

Comment

I'm so with you on the embarrasing crush on Jonathan Brandis. Aah the preteen years. I even wrote him a fan letter but I never got anything back. My sister wrote to Christian Slater and at least she got one of those generic autographed black and white photos that they give to everyone and their mother.

Oh, it was actually Michael Deluise as the gill guy in SeaQuest and PDL was also on SeaQuest as Dagwood (I think that was his name, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Actually, Peter DeLuise was the one that had the gills.
            "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

So I went and looked it up and it is in fact MIchael Deluise who was gill guy aka Tony Piccolo. PDL was on the show but a different character named Dagwood.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Was PDL (too lazy to spell out name, but me saying that just ruined the whole fact of me using his initials instead of his name, wow...I suck), in an ep of friends? I don't know if he actually was, or if I just made it up in my head.
                "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I remember the show (fairly) well and Michael WAS the "guy with the gills" and Peter was "the janitor" and Dom played Tony Piccolo's father in at least one ep and I wanna say Dagwood was involved, too. I liked Tony, but I loved Dagwood.

I wanted a talking dolphin so bad after this show came out. "Even better than Flipper!"

Comment

Not only Seaquest.....lets go further back in time...

Ever heard of a show called 21 Jump Street?

Featuring a very young and very stylish Deluise....

Comment

I never got into 21 Jump Street because all the stuck-up prissy little snobs in my class loved it and I refused to watch anything they liked.

I caught the reruns on.... FX maybe, for a while. Mostly because I'm a Morgan & Wong fan and that was their first big break. I think I was into Stargate by that point, so it was a bonus to get to see Peter DeLuise. I think one or two of his brothers showed up in an ep, too...

Comment

The Deluises are a pretty popular bunch.I'm a long time fan of Dom's.I didn't watch a lot of "21 Jump Street" but I do remember the Deluise boys.
                        I think one of them was in "Encino Man" with Brendan Fraser & Sean Astin.He played the "In-crowd-bully"guy.
                        nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
                          I think one of them was in "Encino Man" with Brendan Fraser & Sean Astin.He played the "In-crowd-bully"guy.
                          And I think Erick Avari was the "No squeezing the juice!" guy.

Comment

@ShadowMaat: I never wtached 21, Jump Street for the same reasons....funny that we have the same kind of people in Germany

Embarrassing as it may seem, I liked SeaQuest....hey, it had a character with glasses that spoke dozens of languages...how could I possibly *not* like it?

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                            ~CELLO!~
                            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Right. humble apologies for getting the poor brothers mixed up. really, we need to respect each and every one of them for their extraordinary talents.

but in my defense, i was young and only vaguely remember the show. in actual fact, it's more ideas i remember than anything else.

and i remember my sister used to love 21 Jump street, but I was never allowed to stay up to watch it.. I was really young at that point

but yes, lol, i sent jonathon brandis a fan letter as well.. how rude that they dont write anything back. i remember feeling really quite disappointed when I finally accepted that i was being completely ignored.

Comment

Working...
                              X